RBA Need some opinion's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiSpin

Aug 14, 2014
United States
I wen't directly to rda's and have been using them for about a good year now i'd say. I've never used a rba but i'd really like to try one. As of late I have been spoiled with the airflow of the Mutation X rda so my question is a cheap or cloned high airflow RBA, what would be a decent one? Any feedback is welcome i just need something so I can stop dripping and driving.

Michavan

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm by no means an expert but my first thought is you are going to have a really hard time finding an RBA with a draw anywhere as open as a dripper simply due to the design differences between drippers and tanks. Most RBA's limit the openess of the draw because the wicking is somewhat dependent on the pressure created by the draw.
I can tell you that hands down the most widely used RBA is the Kayfun and even wide open would never be confused with an airy draw.
Maybe a Genesis styled atomizer would fit the bill but I have little to no experience with those so can't really speak intelligently about them.
Despite being a tighter draw...the Kayfun is an oustanding vape and IMHO hard to beat. The erlkonigin is the only RBA i think that comes close and many people find that draw even tighter.
Hope that helps a little.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
the first *successful* RDA I had was a Tobh. It has plenty of air flow for even down to 0.3 ohms, and even has a built in heat sink. Infact, a Mutation X is essentially a modded Tobh.

That being said, and I could be wrong, but I believe the mutation x with its 9 holes on each side is the airiest draw RDA before going to Cloud Chasers Inc.

As far as genesis attys go, I only can recommend you dont build the coils too low cuz you might get dry hits off the SS Wick. I love my kraken, and on my old build I could close off some airflow for a nice mouth hit, or open it up all the way for a nice lung hit. It made great clouds, tasted great, I could make it single coil or dual coil, very nice atty. I wont say it had the airiest draw, but it worked wonderfully.

Good luck in your quest to find a airy RDA!

AntiSpin

Aug 14, 2014
United States
Well thankyou guys based on some suggestions and prices and such I am just going to give a kayfun a whirl i think a few of you may have gotten confused i own plenty of RDA's (drippers) im looking for a RBA like a kayfun or Russian 91% my bad tho on wording. To be completely honest im 50/50 on a kayfun or a fogger v4. Either one will fit the bill and at the least give me a look into the world of RBA's and see what they are like. Thankyou all again :D

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Well thankyou guys based on some suggestions and prices and such I am just going to give a kayfun a whirl i think a few of you may have gotten confused i own plenty of RDA's (drippers) im looking for a RBA like a kayfun or Russian 91% my bad tho on wording. To be completely honest im 50/50 on a kayfun or a fogger v4. Either one will fit the bill and at the least give me a look into the world of RBA's and see what they are like. Thankyou all again :D

I don't know if money is a factor, but if you don't mind paying a little extra then the Rose V2 is an awesome option. I recently got one and IMO it vapes waay better than the Kayfun (I've owned 3 Kayfuns). It has AFC, but wide open the draw is very airy.....great vapor production from this atty too! I am very impressed by the Rose's performance and it's worth every penny IMO....

AntiSpin

Aug 14, 2014
United States
I don't know if money is a factor, but if you don't mind paying a little extra then the Rose V2 is an awesome option. I recently got one and IMO it vapes waay better than the Kayfun (I've owned 3 Kayfuns). It has AFC, but wide open the draw is very airy.....great vapor production from this atty too! I am very impressed by the Rose's performance and it's worth every penny IMO....

Going to give this a google now and see if i can't find it and watch some reviews on it again ty for the info! Like i said the air from the Mutation RDA has got me spoiled lol.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Going to give this a google now and see if i can't find it and watch some reviews on it again ty for the info! Like i said the air from the Mutation RDA has got me spoiled lol.

I hear ya! Yeah I mean the Kayfun is a great option don't get me wrong. I just personally think that the Rose vapes much better! Better flavor/vapor production for sure....at around $180-190 it's not cheap, but IMO it's worth it....316-grade SS, and the machining is superb....plus it's fun to build on! :)

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
I wen't directly to RDA's and have been using them for about a good year now i'd say. I've never used a RBA but i'd really like to try one. As of late I have been spoiled with the airflow of the Mutation X RDA so my question is a cheap or cloned high airflow RBA, what would be a decent one? Any feedback is welcome i just need something so I can stop dripping and driving.

best cheap rba w/ great airflow is the fogger v4. its dual coil only negative is that its a pain in the rear to build... but like everything in life, eventually, youll get used to it.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Look into the Orchid RBA... I own all the kayfuns created, along with the lite versions, as well as the Russian, along with the Aqua...

Look into getting your hands on an Orchid RBA

Also, in a perfect world you'd eventually acquire both an Orchid and a Kayfun, because the Kayfun is still an amazing device, I use twisted 30g kanthal (twist with a power drill) and 10 rotations around a drill bit. For the people who have kayfuns, they know what im talking about.

Kayfuns & and the Orchid are slightly harder builds, but nothing mind-bending. The major advantage to a RBA over an RDA is strictly convenience... some say flavor is better, but that is arguable (on both sides). Example:

Epic Juice's Apple Jax in 6mg is my daily vape with a dripping atomizer, a Stillarev2 is my daily dripper.
Move that Apple Jax to a Kayfun, and (imho) it taste worse.

Take Alice in Vapeland's Zombie Apocalpyse, put that in an RDA, tastes okay.
Toss it in a Kayfun and it's completely different!

This all comes down to juice consistency I believe, as the poster above stated on page #1, the RBA's are dependent on pressure and wicking, so thicker juices don't do as well through a tank atomizer, where thinner juices shine. Depending on what your favorite juices are, the kayfun/orchid may turn out to be an epic fail for you, and not worth the money.

Personally I prefer a dripper, but while driving in Southern California traffic, or at work, nothing beats the convenience of having a tank. Sometimes I really do get irritated at how much juice I burn with my drippers, and then I'll go on a tank rampage for a month or so. It's all a vicious cycle, that's why I believe you should experiment with all types of devices. There's a device, and juice for every situation. Try not to over think this. I can rebuild a dripping atomizer in under 5 minutes, dual coil, around (my preferred .4ohm range).

The Kayfun will take me at least 10 minutes to clean it, wrap the micro coil, and get the cotton wick in there. Oh yea, and make sure you ONLY use cotton wicks for tank devices like the Kayfun/Orchid, cotton is the clear choice. Drippers on the other hand, I still prefer the taste of silica wicks over cotton.

As far as genesis tank atomizers go, personally I think the taste they produce is their downfall. But my favorite genny tank is my Kraken. Run it dual with SS braided wicks with ekowool sleeves.

Hope this helps, just sharing some of my opinions after buying all these damn things.

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
Look into the Orchid RBA... I own all the kayfuns created, along with the lite versions, as well as the Russian, along with the Aqua...

Look into getting your hands on an Orchid RBA

Also, in a perfect world you'd eventually acquire both an Orchid and a Kayfun, because the Kayfun is still an amazing device, I use twisted 30g kanthal (twist with a power drill) and 10 rotations around a drill bit. For the people who have kayfuns, they know what im talking about.

Kayfuns & and the Orchid are slightly harder builds, but nothing mind-bending. The major advantage to a RBA over an RDA is strictly convenience... some say flavor is better, but that is arguable (on both sides). Example:

Epic Juice's Apple Jax in 6mg is my daily vape with a dripping atomizer, a Stillarev2 is my daily dripper.
Move that Apple Jax to a Kayfun, and (imho) it taste worse.

Take Alice in Vapeland's Zombie Apocalpyse, put that in an RDA, tastes okay.
Toss it in a Kayfun and it's completely different!

This all comes down to juice consistency I believe, as the poster above stated on page #1, the RBA's are dependent on pressure and wicking, so thicker juices don't do as well through a tank atomizer, where thinner juices shine. Depending on what your favorite juices are, the kayfun/orchid may turn out to be an epic fail for you, and not worth the money.

Personally I prefer a dripper, but while driving in Southern California traffic, or at work, nothing beats the convenience of having a tank. Sometimes I really do get irritated at how much juice I burn with my drippers, and then I'll go on a tank rampage for a month or so. It's all a vicious cycle, that's why I believe you should experiment with all types of devices. There's a device, and juice for every situation. Try not to over think this. I can rebuild a dripping atomizer in under 5 minutes, dual coil, around (my preferred .4ohm range).

The Kayfun will take me at least 10 minutes to clean it, wrap the micro coil, and get the cotton wick in there. Oh yea, and make sure you ONLY use cotton wicks for tank devices like the Kayfun/Orchid, cotton is the clear choice. Drippers on the other hand, I still prefer the taste of silica wicks over cotton.

As far as genesis tank atomizers go, personally I think the taste they produce is their downfall. But my favorite genny tank is my Kraken. Run it dual with SS braided wicks with ekowool sleeves.

Hope this helps, just sharing some of my opinions after buying all these damn things.

I love the idea of the orchid. its a kayfun w/ a dual coil and it looks easier to build then the fogger v4 because of the little holes for the coil legs. the only negative is that there isnt a fill hole. they really dropped the ball with that. how do you feel about filling up the orchid, is it easier than it seems?

heyilikethis

Jun 21, 2014
pittsburgh
the orchid is tough to crack but even with my clone ive gotten to the point where i can fill without any leaking issues, took quite a few tries and wasted a good bit of juice :facepalm:, this thing will guzzle juice though especially in sub-ohm vaping and with a smallish tank that can be annoying, a fill hole and possibly afc could make this such a great atty though, either way i enjoy it quite a bit and it is possible to build fill and vape without leaks(just dont do the kayfun thing and take hard draws without firing if its not hitting right, it will leak then)

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
After 2 days on the Tobeco Clone of the Orchid, I can say I prefer to my Fogger and Kayfun

Pros -
  • Great airflow - closest RBA I have had that allows for decent Lung Hits
  • Build - easy 4 post and can handle low Ohms - currently rocking at .5 - my personal sweet spot
  • Filling - No issues for me, fill from the top with the air holes covered - minimal leakage
  • Flavor - on par with the Kayfun
  • Flexibility - will work with Kayfun tanks - will post photo on next Juice filling

CONS:
  1. No Air Control Ring - but me like the full open dual air holes
  2. Sucks down Juice fast!

For me , this is my favorite RBA - and I use RDA's mostly (Vape Jam, CLT, Magma, and Plume (which is the same manufacturer as the Orchid authentic )
Works at 40 watts on my IPV2 and nicely on my Mechs

This puppy rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread