The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RBA Question

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by GoG8trz, Nov 27, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GoG8trz

GoG8trz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Hi all...I'm working on my first RBA. (ATA_T) I've made my wick, oxidized it, wrapped the coil (drill bit) but am having issues. I don't have pic right now, (at work) but am having problems testing my work. The only manual type of battery I have is a standard joye 510 type of battery with the button on it. When I hook up the battery, it fires automatically. Is this because of a short somewhere?

On a side note, is the positive bolt that runs thru the tank supposed to be insulated? It looks like mine used to have somthing there but I can't tell (it's used). I'm thinking that this might be my problem. Any assistance would be great! Thanks!

2. dirtyrigger

dirtyrigger Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes the positive post should be insulated from the body of the atomizer. And you are just asking to have a battery blow up in your hand putting that on a device with no short circuit protection and such a low mAH, batteries don't do well when they discharge too fast.

3. michliu

michliu Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    You've shorted your Ego battery. Mine did the same thing while I was vaping a Chobra and the coil shorted. The Ego battery would fire right away as soon as anything was connected.

4. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    mine has a little plastic rubbery peice under the actual deck, just under the nuts. you really cannot see this piece unless you take it apart and look under the deck. and definately do not use an ego battery on this devise, you really should use some aw imr batteries. also a meter to check your ohms and voltages, or a device like a provari.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.