Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your link was cancelled by ECF, probably because it was an unregistered/unapproved supplier.

Cheap is not necessarily a bad thing. It will get your foot in the door and you can gain an invaluable learning experience from using an inexpensive RDA. You can always upgrade later.

Make sure you do your homework so that you know and understand all of the essentials about rebuilding.

Know the amp limit (maximum continuous discharge rate) of your battery and don't exceed it when choosing the resistance of your coil

Know how to use an Ohm's Law calculator.

Have and use an ohm reader to measure the resistance of your coil. Don't rely on "this many wraps with this gauge wire will produce XX ohm coil".

Know that using two coils halves the overall resistance of the atty. So, two 1.2 ohm coils will have an overall resistance of 0.6 ohms (what I use).
Information Resources for Your First RBA

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR? <--- contains list of high drain IMR batteries with amp limits

Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations

Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup

Last edited:

Kobus

Jun 13, 2015
Your link was cancelled by ECF, probably because it was an unregistered/unapproved supplier.

Cheap is not necessarily a bad thing. It will get your foot in the door and you can gain an invaluable learning experience from using an inexpensive RDA. You can always upgrade later.

Make sure you do your homework so that you know and understand all of the essentials about rebuilding.

Know the amp limit (maximum continuous discharge rate) of your battery and don't exceed it when choosing the resistance of your coil

Know how to use an Ohm's Law calculator.

Have and use an ohm reader to measure the resistance of your coil. Don't rely on "this many wraps with this gauge wire will produce XX ohm coil".

Know that using two coils halves the overall resistance of the atty. So, two 1.2 ohm coils will have an overall resistance of 0.6 ohms (what I use).
Information Resources for Your First RBA

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR? <--- contains list of high drain IMR batteries with amp limits

Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations

Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup
Well, I'm going to be using a dual 18650 box mod. I'm using it in parallel, so what ohm coils do you suggest

Kobus

Jun 13, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's some screenshot Nimbus Clone RBA RDA Tank Rebuildable Drip Atomizer Dual Coil Omega Patriot Atty | eBay

image.jpg

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Kobus. Glad to have you here!:)

Your link won't go live until you have 5 posts (and the servers update at :25 past the hour) so here is a live link: Nimbus Clone RBA RDA Tank Rebuildable Drip Atomizer Dual Coil Omega Patriot Atty | eBay

Couple of things to note:

1. Small airflow holes (non-adjustable). May be a plus or a minus depending on your preferred vape style.
2. Located in China. Estimated delivery time 2-3 weeks. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
You don't want to get a Nimbus. I got one for free when I bought my Vaporflask clone and I hate to say it but the RDA is crap. The post holes are really small and when you crank down the screws to tighten the coil, the screws will cut through the coil wire. Also, the juice well is really shallow.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
You don't want to get a Nimbus. I got one for free when I bought my Vaporflask clone and I hate to say it but the RDA is crap. The post holes are really small and when you crank down the screws to tighten the coil, the screws will cut through the coil wire. Also, the juice well is really shallow.
For the time it came out it was regarded as one of the best, you gotta remember that was one of the very first rdas to hit the market along with the igo-w. By todays standards they are very outdated.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
For the time it came out it was regarded as one of the best, you gotta remember that was one of the very first rdas to hit the market along with the igo-w. By todays standards they are very outdated.
But nowadays when there are so many different RDA's out there, and you can get them (or at least a 1:1 clone) for less than $30, there's no need to get something that is outdated. At one point, the Model T Ford was state of the art too.

markpylant

Jun 14, 2015
If you're just getting into rebuildables I would recommend something cheap, because you are probably not going to be building crazy coil art. But I would recommend the new mutation x v4 clone from FT or the authentic is only like 30 bucks. Awesome atty, has bottom airflow and side airflow both fully adjustable, huge post holes, split positive post makes it much easier to build on. I know the authentic is a great piece because all indulgences atty's are great. This is just my opinion though and good luck bud!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread