RDA and Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

deusuno

Sep 14, 2014
Wichita, Ks, USA
I have been looking in to slowly moving towards giving an rda a try. I know Vapor Joes listed a cheap beginner rda today that I will probably buy but before I move up to a mod I wanted to at least try it and at this point my most powerful battery is the eleaf Istick.

I was just curious as to what some of you may recommend as far as build goes that would at least give some performance using Istick. Or if any of you have already done this I would like to know some opinions or suggestions or even an RBA/RDA to try out with this battery. Ive never even dripped before so what ever I do my first build will be a single coil.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Thanks I was actually thinking a 1.5 ohm would probably be ok. If I was to do 2.0 that would basically be the same experience as a normal tank wouldn't it?

Dripping will be a bit different even at the same resistance, the air flow and getting just the right amount of juice on the coil makes the performance not like a tank. Try a few different resistances and see which you like the best, and at what power levels.....:vapor:

I have been using the Big Dripper with a 1.3 ohm single coil on the iStick (I cover the opposite air hole with tape).

I have been looking for a good RDA that can do single and dual coil for the iStick.

I'm starting to settle on the Atomic RDA. Can do single and dual coil, has air flow control, and is only 19mm. I think it would look good on the iStick.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Running a big driper and a veritas in my iStick, both with a single coil at 1.4 ohm , I like the big driper at 14w and veritas at 17w, both vape great.

One thing I have noticed, everyone tells to use 30w + with rda's , but you can get a awesome vape at -20w. I too was a bit scared to buy a good RDA , because from what I read I though under 30w RDA were useless. But to me more than 17w in the veritas it's very unpleasant.

jacksonsmagma

Jan 9, 2015
I too use a magma on the istick. Picked up a clone pretty cheap. 1.2 ohm single coil, 26g, wicked with organic cotton and both large air holes wide open. Anywhere from 13 to 20 watts does the job. Looking into getting a more powerful mod but this works well especially for a beginner like myself. The great thing is that it holds a good amount of juice, nearly 1ml. You can take a 30 min trip and just chill at 9 watts and be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread