Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Actually the coil with the higher resistance will produce very little heat in comparison to the lower resistance coil. Strangly in this bizzaro sinario the 22/22 coil would make most of the heat but take a long time to come up to temp because of the very high mass.

Hmm you might be right, I know if two coils are built with the same wire but one has more wraps the higher resistance will be hotter. But with the significant mass difference too, I am not sure how that would play out. Either way the results are not going to produce a good effect for the risk.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Depends on what you wrap it on. Using 2.5mm bit, it would only take about 8 wraps. With a 1.5mm "micro coil" it's still only about 11 (which is a bit too many for me)

2.38 mm is 3/32 but good luck with that 22g twisted kanthal 8 wrap ever reaching .5 ohm, 11 wraps would be .3 ohm

Reactions: ScottP

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
2.38 mm is 3/32 but good luck with that 22g twisted kanthal 8 wrap ever reaching .5 ohm, 11 wraps would be .3 ohm

Ok I must be tired, somehow i missed that it was twisted 22, I calculated based on single strand 22. You are of course correct that 11 wraps would be .3 with twisted. It would take 19 wraps to get to .5 ohm.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Hmm you might be right, I know if two coils are built with the same wire but one has more wraps the higher resistance will be hotter. But with the significant mass difference too, I am not sure how that would play out. Either way the results are not going to produce a good effect for the risk.
Is other way around. The coil with more wraps thus higher resistance will heat up slower. Two reasons, it has more mass and because it has higher resistance less current will flow through it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I haven't had a problem with it running .2 ohm builds the battery doesn't even begin to get hot
Yeah, good luck with that.

Just pointing out the obvious.
You are an adult and can make your own decisions, both good and bad.
I'm just giving you accurate information.

image.jpg

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread