RDA coiling advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirk

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2009
UK
What is the best way to build in an rda? Currently I am using a single cotton microcoil in an IGO-W, currently I thread cotton through and then fill the whole deck up with cotton, is this what I should do, or less cotton?

How much cotton should you use?

Which is best, putting the cotton through the coil or wrapping it around the outside?

How many wraps for the microcoil?

Any other advice?

Thanks.

alkaiser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Orange County, CA
www.sjchon.com
i personally just enough cotton to thread through the coil and tuck the sides under the coil. that way, i don't have any unused juice

i usually do 5-6 wraps of 28 gauge or 7-8 wraps of 27 gauge for single coils. not sure what diameter my coils are, but i use one of those big paperclips to wrap my coils

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here's the micro coil fact sheet too :
N1K7T2E.jpg

Nirk

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2009
UK
i personally just enough cotton to thread through the coil and tuck the sides under the coil. that way, i don't have any unused juice

i usually do 5-6 wraps of 28 gauge or 7-8 wraps of 27 gauge for single coils. not sure what diameter my coils are, but i use one of those big paperclips to wrap my coils

Hmm I was thinking it would be better to fill the whole deck with cotton but I am not sure, I will try your method.

Nirk

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2009
UK
filling the whole deck will let you hold more juice, but it will waste some juice since some of the juice in the cotton won't reach the coils.

I think you might be right... I was thinking it would get pulled around to the coil with the airflow etc. but it seems that the juice in the loose cotton does not get pulled to the coil very well.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Hm I will try it again, I was a bit worried that a deck full of liquid would leak everywhere.

Not many people seem to use the "dragon coil" type.

The dragon is a juice ..... but it puts out an exceptionally dense vape. I like it.

Here's a pic of what I just did to my IGO-W. Twisted 28 gauge around 3/32" drill bit.(1/8" air holes lol) Cloud caught. Lol

Last edited:

BlaseWithVicarious

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Conroe texas
I prefer the diamond coil talk about a vapor chuck. I have mine at 1 ohm though they are pain to build they are nice for easy vaping. However not for those who don't like constant dripping. Because it's small I have to put 5 drops in after 5 puffs. But it's very satisfying vape. Just my 2 cents but I love this coil ...

Sent from my Just GG using Tapatalk

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Nirk, the better question is, what do you feel is wrong with your coil setup?
We can all do a show and tell, but it wont help if you don't say what you want...
For all we know, it could be a matter of airflow, and not the coil/wick setup itself...

Don't fix what aint broke!
If it works, just keep vaping :toast:

Take a picture, and tell us what you want out of it....
6a00e54fb8709388330133f5bc78ea970b-500wi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread