Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
When wire is made it is going to have some level of inaccuracy or "tolerance". So if a specific wire is supposed to be 0.4mm diameter and 3.44 ohms per foot. It will always be close to that but one foot of it might be 0.002mm larger or smaller and off by a corresponding amount of resistance. When dealing with clapton coils, you not only have the tolerance of the core wire(s) but also the tolerance of the wrapping wire all of which could alter the final outcome.

By the same token your measuring device also has a tolerance level of inaccuracy in it's measurement. This could further cause a deviation between what is expected and what is measured.

Finally there is a lot of "extra" conductor between the actual coil and the measuring device in the form of the wires connecting from the board to the 510 pin inside the mod, the actual 510 pin, and the atomizer itself. Now "good" mod makers will measure the resistance of the internal wire and 510 pin and calibrate the board to account for those, but many mod makers do not. There is no way for a mod maker to calibrate for the atomizer itself if they don't know which one you are going to use.

Aaron2010715

Feb 16, 2018
When wire is made it is going to have some level of inaccuracy or "tolerance". So if a specific wire is supposed to be 0.4mm diameter and 3.44 ohms per foot. It will always be close to that but one foot of it might be 0.002mm larger or smal amount of resistance. When dealing with clapton coils, you not only have the tolerance of the core wire(s) but also the tolerance of the wrapping wire all of which could alter the final outcome.

By the same token your measuring device also has a tolerance level of inaccuracy in it's measurement. This could further cause a deviation between what is expected and what is measured.

Finally there is a lot of "extra" conductor between the actual coil and the measuring device in the form of the wires connecting from the board to the 510 pin inside the mod, the actual 510 pin, and the atomizer itself. Now "good" mod makers will measure the resistance of the internal wire and 510 pin and calibrate the board to account for those, but many mod makers do not. There is no way for a mod maker to calibrate for the atomizer itself if they don't know which one you are going to use.
Slight variations are normal, could be the coil is a little off, might be your 'box' reads a little off.
If your using authentic name brand cells with a suffeciant CDR to support your resistance (mechanical) or power level
(regulated) the question is;
How does it vape?

I'm currently running a single coil....good flavor drags nice at 60watts. I don't wanna sound stupid just wanna make sure I'm not doing something dumb and blow it up....thanks for the input everyone.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I'm currently running a single coil....good flavor drags nice at 60watts. I don't wanna sound stupid just wanna make sure I'm not doing something dumb and blow it up....thanks for the input everyone.

Better to "sound stupid" before it blows up, than look stupid after it blows up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread