Rdta wicking. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
So no matter what I do I seem to get dry hits pretty quick on my rdta. Not sure what the issue is. I have the vgod pro trick tank rdta 2. It says there is an auto feeding wick system and you cut the cotton at the glass. I have seen other methods on other rdtas like pulling the cotton trough and twisting at the bottom. Unfortunately you have to take out the positive post to access the bottom of the tank. Unfortunately it won't let me upload a pic. It looks like the other vgod rdta and the limitless rdta. Velocity style deck and four holes for wick. Can I just not chain vape rdta? It's ok with a hit every 5 seconds but the airflow and mouth are huge !!!!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So no matter what I do I seem to get dry hits pretty quick on my rdta. Not sure what the issue is. I have the vgod pro trick tank rdta 2. It says there is an auto feeding wick system and you cut the cotton at the glass. I have seen other methods on other rdtas like pulling the cotton trough and twisting at the bottom. Unfortunately you have to take out the positive post to access the bottom of the tank. Unfortunately it won't let me upload a pic. It looks like the other vgod rdta and the limitless rdta. Velocity style deck and four holes for wick. Can I just not chain vape rdta? It's ok with a hit every 5 seconds but the airflow and mouth are huge !!!!
Did you try thinning your wick tails?

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
With regards to your wick-tails. Try different lengths, different things work for different people.

I always have my wick-tails just off the bottom of the tank with RDTA's thats just what works for me, some like them halfway up the tank, some cut right under the deck.

Try and find what works for you. A longer tail may help with your dry hitting problem.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I found on the Limitless+, and I cut my wicks to the top of the glass. I also push a little bit of the cotton back from the edge of the wicking channel so air can reach the bottom and not lock up the juice feed. The other thing is to just always use the old RDTA "tilt and turn" whenever I raise it up to take a draw to assure juice is getting on the tails of the cotton. Sort of a swirl thing.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ah, the Limitless +.
The + is for the added frustration trying to get it to wick properly.

One day I'll try again.

When my brother breaks.
And ice cubes are on sale in hell.

And I find wicking the + as a no brainer. First few times I put in way more wick than I should have running towards the bottom of the glass, but just ended up with a real decrease in juice space. Cut the tails way back, tilt and roll, and no headaches. My biggest issue with it (and just about every RDTA, supposedly short of some of the newer bottom air setups) is no matter how well you wick an RDTA, it will leak if you leave it on its side. It's the nature of the design. Fine for home use, but not a traveler.

Reactions: stols001

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
And I find wicking the + as a no brainer. First few times I put in way more wick than I should have running towards the bottom of the glass, but just ended up with a real decrease in juice space. Cut the tails way back, tilt and roll, and no headaches. My biggest issue with it (and just about every RDTA, supposedly short of some of the newer bottom air setups) is no matter how well you wick an RDTA, it will leak if you leave it on its side. It's the nature of the design. Fine for home use, but not a traveler.
All i saw in the post was one word. SQUONK.o_O

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I played with it, wicking any number of ways, and think I got it right 1 time.

It gave dry hits. It wicked too much. I have yet to find another piece of vape gear that ...... me off more.

Keep meaning to give away, but haven't met someone I hate that much who Vapes yet.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I played with it, wicking any number of ways, and think I got it right 1 time.

It gave dry hits. It wicked too much. I have yet to find another piece of vape gear that ...... me off more.

Keep meaning to give away, but haven't met someone I hate that much who Vapes yet.
Trade ya. Because misery loves company.

510DCT-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread