Re-using Boge Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezman2k

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
So I understand this is probably a question that gets asked a lot but I'm still a little foggy on the details. I thought that cartomizers were intended to be thrown away when they start tasting burnt etc.

I've heard now from several sources that they can actually be boiled and re-used many times over. Does this work well? I use Boge 510 cartos. So far I've only thrown one away that came with my kGo starter kit but now I'm thinking I should keep them...

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
They can be cleaned an re-used unless you've really burned them. The key is to prolong their use by topping off regularly, making the need for cleaning infrequent. Just pop off the top (I use a bulletin board push pin) and drip in 6-10 drops or so at the first sign of a lighter vape - dont wait for the burning taste. Holding the carto at a 45 degree angle , drip down the sides one at a time and rotate. If you take your time, it will gradually fill until the filler appears a little slushy, and you're all set. If you over top off and get a gurgle, blow through the mouthpiece gently a couple times into a tissue to remove excess liquid. You should get a week or so befor ethedraw tightens and you need to consider cleaning. Some people get three days and some get a month, depending on the thickness and clarity of your liquid. 80/20 pg/vg liquid that's not dark generally gives you the longest carto life. Good luck!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Agreed, once they taste burnt you can never get the flavor out of them. The reason I clean or boil them is if I have a flavor in the Boge I don't like or it starts getting hard to hit. Sometimes juice will get stuck around the coils and make it hard to take a vape. If I boil/clean them before they are burnt they hit and taste fine. Cleaning a burnt carto won't help at all.

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
I just keep using mine until they REALLY start to have a terrible taste...

The cartomizers I use are just a standard resistance (Don't burn as hot) and I top them off before every single use.

I have had a few DOA cartomizers, but so far I've only used up maybe 2-3 total... And they each used around 10ml of e-liquid.

Also, I never actually clean them. I just use them until they're up then get a new fresh one going. As long as I get over a week of use, I'm happy with the prices.

Insane value for the price... Each cartomizer is lasting around a month as well. I switch flavors very often, but it's WAY cheaper than analogs.

mikamika

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2012
Little Tiny Dot
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

VidaOptimista

Apr 23, 2012
Lakewood, OH
I tried the boiling method yesterday. I put them in for five minutes and let them cool, but they all still smelled like the juice I had in them before. So I boiled them again for five minutes. And again. I shook them out and blew them out, then let them dry for a full day. Just went to try two of them (filled both with the condom method) and they were VERY hard to vape. I got very little flavor and NO vapor for the first several puffs. It sounded like it was working fine, though...same crackles and pops of a fresh carto. When I finally did get some vapor, it was still barely anything and the taste was watery. Did I just boil them for too long?

Heather

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I tried the boiling method yesterday. I put them in for five minutes and let them cool, but they all still smelled like the juice I had in them before. So I boiled them again for five minutes. And again. I shook them out and blew them out, then let them dry for a full day. Just went to try two of them (filled both with the condom method) and they were VERY hard to vape. I got very little flavor and NO vapor for the first several puffs. It sounded like it was working fine, though...same crackles and pops of a fresh carto. When I finally did get some vapor, it was still barely anything and the taste was watery. Did I just boil them for too long?

Heather

IMHO:
You did not boil them long enough and then did not allow them time enough to dry well. Usually, they need to be boiled 4-5 times, with fresh water each boil, for about 20 minutes per boil. Once thus have the final boil, taryn spin the heck out of them and allow 48 hours drying time afterward.

~Tiger

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan

Heather

I boil mine for at least 17 minutes and then I flush them after

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I do it a little quicker with one of these:

cleaner.jpg

Got it from Smoktek.com.

However I don't use their method with the distilled water and vodka.

What I do is flush it through multiple times with 91% isopropyl alcohol using the above device then let them soak submerged in alcohol over night. The next day I blow out all of the alcohol with the syringe. What little is left evaporates much quicker than water.

Though tbh, if I were doing dozens at a time like in the pbusardo vid, I'd probably just throw them all in a pot and boil them and not be bothered. :laugh:

lperez111

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Prospect Hts IL
the way that ive cleaned them that has worked really well is this. stand over the sink and wait til the water gets warm/hot. cup some water in your hand and at the same time put the battery end of the carto under the water and the other end to your mouth and suck water through it as if it were a straw. spit out water after. repeat til water coming out is clear. then blow out and let dry overnight. ive been using cartos for a couple months now and ive seen cleaning methods that seen to take too long. and havent seen anyone mention this method. maybe im inventing it lol :) because i dont know about anyone else but if cleaning them is going to take forever id rather just toss em. but ive been using this method and has been working for me flawlessly. hopefully i help a couple of u guys out

lperez111

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Prospect Hts IL
Although I don't get a month out of a Boge 2.0, I do average a week .. generally, I pay about $1.00 per carto .. so I'm averaging about .14 cents a day cost .. the hassle / time / hit or miss / cleaning routines just never seemed worthwhile based on the cost of a unit ..

its worth it if you put a juice in a carto that you dont like. its like wasting a carto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread