Ready to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmgbatista

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
Portugal
I've been vaping and smoking for a while now. My first PV was a mini e-cig and this week I bought a Janty Neo kit and a Vision Vivi Nova v2.

I'm really enjoying this kit and I think I'm ready to quit analogs but have yet to find my "all day" liquid.

I've 20+ different liquids but only one that I like: Halo Prime 15.

I will continue my quest to find the one liquid for me but is not easy.

I want to thank you all because I'm getting addicted to this forum and this is making me want to quit analogs more than never.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
I've been vaping and smoking for a while now. My first PV was a mini e-cig and this week I bought a Janty Neo kit and a Vision Vivi Nova v2.

I'm really enjoying this kit and I think I'm ready to quit analogs but have yet to find my "all day" liquid.

I want to thank you all because I'm getting addicted to this forum and this is making me want to quit analogs more than never.
Welcome to ECF Batista. We're glad you're here.
I'm still having a cigarette about 1 every other day.
ECF is a great place to hangout...very encouraging. Just focus on all those cigs you HAVEN'T smoked!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Cheers!:toast: Have you tried Halo Tribeca? Halo Begium Cocoa? Halo Captain Jack? They are really good! You really don't need just one vape daily, I rotate at least a dozen daily, I have been known to have 30 flavors going thru the day :) LOL Have fun looking tho! Oh another one I really like is Dueling Banjo's from High Desert Ecigs, it is so smooth and addicting, love it! He also has alot of good ejuice, he has a sale right now, buy 2, 30 ml bottles of ejuice and get a 3rd free, just post in message area what free 30 ml juice you want. I also like Frangelica Chocolate Truffles, Christmas Tart, Mojito, Key Lime, Citrus Surfer and Peanut Butter Cup from High Desert. bnrk

Jibbu

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
Denver, CO, USA
Hi rmgbatista. Now that you mention it, I guess this forum is kinda like a support group and just as addictive as nicotine, ice cream and cats. ;)

So far I've tried maybe 10 flavors but right now I'm vaping blueberry in one unit and vanilla in another.

I'm just curious because it never occurred to me to smoke both e-cigs and analogs ... do you smoke fewer analogs with the choice available, do you count how many analogs you smoke in a day? I'm not going anywhere with this; I'm just a very curious person and you captured my attention. :)

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL

Welcome to ECF.

Just so you know, I haven't found my "all day liquid" either. I prefer to switch throughout the day. In fact, I am using a Vivi Nova V2 as well and I am getting ready to order a few more just so I don't have to keep switching flavors in the same tank.

Keep it up and keep trying those flavors. It's all part of the fun in my opinion.

-Jason

TH0MAS CR0WN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
CA
For that savory, tobacco type juice I think I'm going to stick to RY8 & the occasional boba's bounty for that spectrum of flavor for my all day vape! And for the fruity flavors, strawberry cooler & hype, with the occasional pineapple (all from AVE).

I've probably accumulated 35+ different juices, trying to find the "one". And I think I'm going to stick with those for a while. Of course, I'm going to finish the other juices that I have that also taste good, but can't vape all day. And I'll probably end up giving some away to new vapors, etc. But I think I'm gonna stop looking for other 'all day' juices, even though I know there's plenty out there that I may like as well that I haven't tried yet, but why spend more money when you're more than satisfied with the liquids you have?

I'm rambling again lol, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a few weeks I start looking for some other juices haha. But the RY8 was one of the first juices I tried, went away from to try others, and am going back to and hopefully sticking with. It's so tasty!

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I've narrowed down my tobacco flavor to just bobas. I'm still trying out different non tobacco flavors myself. I can't see just vaping one flavor all day.

I got lucky and was able to quit analogs immediately once I started vaping. Now I just want to reduce the amount of nicotine in my juices till I get to 0%

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

"All day vape" to me means a juice that I could vape all day. I probably will never vape just one juice all day unless I have no other choice. I find the flavor (or my ability to taste it) fades rather quickly. I prefer to vape 2 or more flavors each day. This makes it so much nicer than smoking.

Have Fun with it! Don't be afraid to try new flavors. Try many sample sizes before getting larger bottles.

Relax, Enjoy!

rmgbatista

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
Portugal
Hi rmgbatista. Now that you mention it, I guess this forum is kinda like a support group and just as addictive as nicotine, ice cream and cats. ;)

So far I've tried maybe 10 flavors but right now I'm vaping blueberry in one unit and vanilla in another.

I'm just curious because it never occurred to me to smoke both e-cigs and analogs ... do you smoke fewer analogs with the choice available, do you count how many analogs you smoke in a day? I'm not going anywhere with this; I'm just a very curious person and you captured my attention. :)

Well, I smoke while at work and vape at home. But even at home sometimes I feel the need for a cigarette. Perhaps I need more nicotine in my liquid (12mg Halo Prime 15). I've ordered the 24 mg to test but I'll be worried if I am not increasing my nicotine addiction. When I smoke a cigarette, I know when it's done, but when vaping I don't know when I've already smoked one cigarette equivalent and it's time to stop. I guess with time it will be easier but right now I've a lot to learn :blush:

souvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
India
You have have figured it out right, Batista...12mg nic at the beginning days is a little low, when you are trying to quit analogs. trying 24mg will solve your problem, initially..then you can settle down at 18mg, which seems to be the general choice in the longer run...and then once you are through with the analogs completely, you might consider bringing the nic levels down..

cheers...just dump those analogs :)

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Well, I smoke while at work and vape at home. But even at home sometimes I feel the need for a cigarette. Perhaps I need more nicotine in my liquid (12mg Halo Prime 15). I've ordered the 24 mg to test but I'll be worried if I am not increasing my nicotine addiction. When I smoke a cigarette, I know when it's done, but when vaping I don't know when I've already smoked one cigarette equivalent and it's time to stop. I guess with time it will be easier but right now I've a lot to learn :blush:

Don't worry about how much you vape vs smoked. I had the same thought when I first started. You get over that pretty quickly. Your body will tell you if you are getting too much.

I was a pack a day smoker and I started with 18mg. It was ok, but I went up to 24mg and that helped any cravings a lot.

You will pick up all of this pretty quick. This is a VERY helpful forum so ask any questions you may have.

-Jason

There are a few other chemicals in tobacco smoke that your body might crave for a while, but those cravings will pass and because you are still getting nicotine, they will not be nearly as tough as quitting tobacco without a sub. If you feel a little low at first, know that it will pass and you will feel so much better in the long run, once you have switched to the alternative of vaping. Getting lots of protein in that period helps to keep the spirits up. I drank protein shakes, because they help the brain make lots of serotonin, so over riding the effects of harmine (an MAOI in tobacco smoke) withdrawal somewhat.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Well, I smoke while at work and vape at home. But even at home sometimes I feel the need for a cigarette. Perhaps I need more nicotine in my liquid (12mg Halo Prime 15). I've ordered the 24 mg to test but I'll be worried if I am not increasing my nicotine addiction. When I smoke a cigarette, I know when it's done, but when vaping I don't know when I've already smoked one cigarette equivalent and it's time to stop.

If you haven't been able to put down the cigarettes, your nicotine level is too low. I wouldn't worry about increasing your nicotine addiction because just one cigarette has a LOT of nicotine in terms of how much your body is absorbing. You'd be better off upping the nic level and getting rid of the cigarettes altogether, then later you can lower your nic level gradually.

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
Here's a hint about all day vapes: after you find "the one" and you vape.. and vape.. and vape.. and vape on it your taste buds could grow accustom to that flavor and it might become less desirable. If you can, I'd recommend finding several all-day vapes and switching it up every now and then. You don't have to commit to any one flavor. Just find the ones that you enjoy enough to keep you interested.

Case and point: probably my favorite liquid is Clint Vapewood from Joogler Juice, but after several weeks of vaping it straight, there's a significant difference in the way it tasted to me when I initally started vaping. The good news is, after changing it up for a week or so with another one of my DIY blends, Clint is right where it needs to be when I revisit it.

YMMV
Good luck.

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Ya know, I am coming off a cigar habit, and truthfully I thought myself much better off than those who smoked cigarettes, (from an addition standpoint that is), well I was wrong. I always told my wife who smoked cigarettes, smoking cigars was not as addicting as cigarettes because I smoke 1 or 2 a day and don't inhale. Now I think my analogy was off base. I never realized how addicted to nicotine I was until I slowed the cigar intake. Luckily I found vaping. However, I vape more than I did when I smoked cigars, but I swear I got more nicotine from the 2 cigars a day, (of course it took me 2 hours to smoke 2 cigars), than I do from my 18mg daily vaping. The reason I say this, after being off cigars for 1 year, and having substituted vaping I went to a garden party, and the buddies cajoled me into a cigar that use to be part of my routine. I smoked it, and by the end of it, I could have thrown up. I was nauseous, jittery, and felt sick for a good two hours. The next morning I awoke with the horrible taste in my mouth and felt green. That was the last cigar I will ever smoke, and I tell you, I never feel that way vaping, even if I tug on the atty all day long!!

cmacelloman

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
Atlanta
Hello rmgbatista,

Try some of the juices from www.RAWRvapor.com--excellent reviews and Mike is a master mixer. Whether you like tobacco, drinks, fruit, or dessert flavors his are some of the best I've tasted!! You didn't mention this, but don't worry about chain-vaping to keep you off analogs. If you chain vape for a year you've still added months to your lifespan. I agree with those who suggested you might want to increase your nic level to 24 mg.

Last edited:

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
LoL thats how I feel everytime I TRY to smoke a cigar. I end up inhaling a little out of habit and am nauseous for hours...

Ya know, I am coming off a cigar habit, and truthfully I thought myself much better off than those who smoked cigarettes, (from an addition standpoint that is), well I was wrong. I always told my wife who smoked cigarettes, smoking cigars was not as addicting as cigarettes because I smoke 1 or 2 a day and don't inhale. Now I think my analogy was off base. I never realized how addicted to nicotine I was until I slowed the cigar intake. Luckily I found vaping. However, I vape more than I did when I smoked cigars, but I swear I got more nicotine from the 2 cigars a day, (of course it took me 2 hours to smoke 2 cigars), than I do from my 18mg daily vaping. The reason I say this, after being off cigars for 1 year, and having substituted vaping I went to a garden party, and the buddies cajoled me into a cigar that use to be part of my routine. I smoked it, and by the end of it, I could have thrown up. I was nauseous, jittery, and felt sick for a good two hours. The next morning I awoke with the horrible taste in my mouth and felt green. That was the last cigar I will ever smoke, and I tell you, I never feel that way vaping, even if I tug on the atty all day long!!

Bourbonman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2012
Chicago burbs
I personally think there's more than just nicotine in analogs that we get addicted to, and I know I'm not alone. Once you can completely quit analogs for a few days, you will find that cravings for them diminish and go away. On top of that, they will taste like poo. Your juices will taste different to you after a week or two without analogs because your sense of taste and smell will come back to normal. The first juice I really liked and got me off analogs? Can't stand it any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread