Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Great! Now I have ANOTHER tank to add to the list for me to purchase. Thanks a TON!

Actually, I had some stress cracking issues with them, they May have fixed that issue, but I went with Valley Vapes since. They are now closed and we are waiting for the place that bought him out to open now.

VV also had colored ones and glass with side-plugs.

( Actually, I have the bit and tap to make my own- they're very easy)

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
    My carto aligns perfectly to my Cirrus tanks. I think it works in the Phiniac, too. I don't recall if it fit perfectly in the IBTanked but it should since that's the one it came with.

The reason I say "carto" in the singular is because I erroneously ordered extra cartos that were too long and had to reorder shorter ones....lol And, of course, I had to order taller TANKS to go with the longer cartos because...well, because I'm EvilZoe....lol

Everyone blames EvilZoe for extra purchases. :D

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    My carto aligns perfectly to my Cirrus tanks. I think it works in the Phiniac, too. I don't recall if it fit perfectly in the IBTanked but it should since that's the one it came with.

The reason I say "carto" in the singular is because I erroneously ordered extra cartos that were too long and had to reorder shorter ones....lol And, of course, I had to order taller TANKS to go with the longer cartos because...well, because I'm EvilZoe....lol

Everyone blames EvilZoe for extra purchases. :D

Been there and done that! It was you, EvilZoe!! You made me do it! :p

Wampa Poacher

Aug 14, 2013
    DFW, Texas
    I used Smok Tech carto tanks for a while, you have to use Smok Tech brand cartos with them.

egevu3yq.jpg

I really don't like these. The cartos or the tanks its a long story and just on my phone. A lot of people don't like them though.

I recently got an AGR carto tank and started using boge cartos again. BOGE CARTOS ARE THE WAY TO GO in my opinion.

utu8a8us.jpg

Happy Vaping Everyone!

LEE9476

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2013
    Monson, MA, USA
    Electonicstix is selling j-tanks right now for about $17. I have a 3.3 mL I got recently from a forum sale and its been working flawlessly. Boge standard size 35mm cartos fit perfectly with no stickout and I've dropped it at least twice now (once on the concrete garage floor) and still had no issues. Tough little tank! It also doesn't slide one bit once the o-rings dry off after refilling. It is a polycarb but you can buy delrin sleeves for it so you don't have to worry about tank crackers. I'd sure recommend one if you're looking for something of better quality than the dct

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Maryland
    So I got my juice. Primed my cartomizer using the drip method until it came out of the hole in the bottom, filled my tank (while using my nifty little tank tool), started vaping. It's okay. Nothing to write home about. Vaping on an eGo variable voltage battery. Not sure what voltage I should have it at for optimal performance. The trial and error continues.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2013
    Titusville, FL, USA
    www.youtube.com
    So I got my juice. Primed my cartomizer using the drip method until it came out of the hole in the bottom, filled my tank (while using my nifty little tank tool), started vaping. It's okay. Nothing to write home about. Vaping on an eGo variable voltage battery. Not sure what voltage I should have it at for optimal performance. The trial and error continues.

What ohms is the carto?

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2013
    Titusville, FL, USA
    www.youtube.com
    It should, but I'm not the expert of warm/cool vapes.
    That said, I usually run my 1.5 ohm cartos at around 4.2 volts. But that's a personal preference for me. I can vary between 3.9 and 4.2, really. You just have to find your sweet spot with the kind of juice you are using too. You can run them higher if you want. I think after you get the taste of them, you will find that they are definitely more consistent than most other tanks out there.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    1pc. 1.5ohm dual coil cartomizer w/flange and pre-drilled hole - I figured I'd use the one the tank came with to start out on. The extra I ordered is a 2.0 single coil, 2 holes. Have not used that one yet. I like a warmer vape. The 1.5 will give warmer than the 2.0 correct?

Probably. I prefer a cool vape and do not like dual coils nor low resistance cartos, I just find them to be too harsh.

The 1.5 ohm dual coils cartos are actually two 3.0 ohm coils. The ohm meter sees the cartomizer as a single resistance regardless if there are one or two coils. You might also try a single coil 1.5 ohm or 1.8 ohm just to see if you prefer that more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread