ready wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
Is there anyone in the buffalo/upstate NY area that can send me some ready wires to either buy or borrow until mine come in from Greece? I am having trouble with my Ithaca because the junctions I make are too big :(. Any help would be appreciated! I figured it would be best to ask the GG family for help. My wires should be here end of next week!

Thanks
Jon

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
My wire joints end up being somewhat dense and they still fit...maybe just try to keep it minimal? I make the V shape, turn, and then re-wrap the NR around that joint.

Edit: You can also use crimp beads, although they are kind of a pain. You can find them on jewelery/craft websites. I use 1x1 mm

I do the same. I am using 28 gauge wire with ithaka though so the joints are pretty big. I have a wire welder on its way from the uk. I have 30 1.2 ohm ready wires and 20 1.5 ohm on the way from vassilis :). I wish shipping was faster from over seas lol

loodeytunes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Malaysia - KayElle
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I do the same. I am using 28 gauge wire with ithaka though so the joints are pretty big. I have a wire welder on its way from the uk. I have 30 1.2 ohm ready wires and 20 1.5 ohm on the way from vassilis :). I wish shipping was faster from over seas lol

I havn't tried 28 on Ithaka but I have used it in my Ody. Here is my joining method

I use 1 pair of needle nosed pliers and 1 pair of flat nosed pliers (another pair of needle nosed would work this just happens to be what I have.)

Start by making a v with your 2 wires. I usually make mine almost 1/2 inch maybe closer to 1/3. Twist them by hand/ Then I grab the needle nosed and grab the 2 wires at the loose end of the joint. Use the flat nosed pliers to tighten the twists usually about 2-3 half turns. I then bend the nr wire over and again grab with needle nosed pliers. I then wrap the nr wire 3 times around the 2 twisted wires very close together. Next I trim off the extra wrapped wires and then use the blunt nosed pliers to tighten the wraps. Again 3-4 half turns is all it really takes. This makes for somewhat small and compact very tight joints.

Hope this helps.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Usually after I twist my wires up I will take the pliers I use to hold them while twisting and I just squeeze the "knots" as tightly as I can. It can help sometimes to compact them together a bit. You will eventually get the hang of how to do it, like everything else it just takes practice. It used to take me like 15-20 minutes to do the entire process, now I can pretty much take my Penny apart, clean it, make a new wire, wrap it, put it back together and fill it in like 5 minutes easy. Maybe even quicker if I actually tried to do it as quick as I can, but I always love doing it so I have no desire to do so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread