ReadyXWick ceramic rope Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I just learned about this wicking material today some YouTube videos make it look pretty darn awesome and I'm wondering if there are any real-world reviews of this currently anyone using this?

On a few of my rta's I'm really struggling getting the wicking properly done and I'm thinking about making a purchase of this material to try it out.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I used it to rebuild some of my protank coils back in the day. It worked as well as silica wick but comparing it to rayon or cotton it isn’t close. I can’t see how it would work for today’s rta’s because the protank coils of old are a completely different animal. There was some talk of the fine pieces being inhaled were bad for your lungs as well. When you cut the stuff you get fine pieces kinda like insulation if my memory serves me. I don’t know of the brand you are asking about but the stuff I used was ceramic rope wick but maybe the stuff you’re talking about has improved. Good luck

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I just learned about this wicking material today some YouTube videos make it look pretty darn awesome and I'm wondering if there are any real-world reviews of this currently anyone using this?

On a few of my rta's I'm really struggling getting the wicking properly done and I'm thinking about making a purchase of this material to try it out.

RxW has been my 'flavor wicking' for years in many, many different RDA's, and I use it in my Avocado's (RDTA's). I'm not a fan of 'chimney' type RTA's, but I did use it years ago in Kayfun's.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I bought a short piece of it but never got around to trying it before RAYON solved all my wicking problems. I was a bit hesitant about the ceramicness of it, so I can't offer any "real world" results. IIRC, it was sort of expensive, for the amount I got so it has to last a long time, I just couldn't quite figure out how it would work and etc.

Anna

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It was quite the rage among a group of vapers a few years ago. In addition to be able to dry burn your wick and coil clean it lasts what seems like forever. As I recall once it wicks flavor was true and wicked easily after dry burn

I bought a short piece of it but never got around to trying it before RAYON solved all my wicking problems. I was a bit hesitant about the ceramicness of it, so I can't offer any "real world" results. IIRC, it was sort of expensive, for the amount I got so it has to last a long time, I just couldn't quite figure out how it would work and etc.

Anna

A couple of posts I recently made where I offered some basic RxW opinions that touch on both of your comments.
Cotton and flavor
Cotton and flavor

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The big RxW thread is in the Reos Mods section, I think it’s locked now but it has everything you could possibly want to know about RxW.

I order 3ft maybe every other year. I clean it about once a week a go through probably 80 to 90ml juice during that time. I change my wick every 4 to 6 weeks, it shreds it a little where it goes through the coil if you run it a little long between cleanings so I start with a longer wick and trim it down until it won’t touch the bottom the deck

The trick to get it into to coils is to make sure the coil is the right size and then you cut the wick at a 45 degree angle and twist it so it’s pointed, dip the wick in a little juice first and twist it through the coil like it’s a screw. The first couple of times take a little fiddling with after that it’s easy.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread