Really Hot Cartomizers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
So a bunch of people recommended that I order from Crystal Clear vaping, and I try their Resurrectors at 1.7Ohms + or - .2Ohms. I am on my second order of the 15 carto deal. This second batch seem to get extremely hot after taking one hit. It's so hot I can't even touch it. They are also getting so hot that it makes my aluminum drip tips to hot to put to my lips. I am using a joyetech Ego 1000Mah pass through battery for a power source. Any ideas why these are getting so hot, but the last batch worked so well. I was getting plumes of vapor, great flavor, and they lasted forever! Now I am having nothing but problems. Anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem? Open to any suggestions.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Just a suggestion: Delrin instead of aluminum drip tip.

Keeps the lip-burning to a minimum.

Have you checked the resistance with a multimeter compared to your older ones?

my guess is also that the ohms might be lower than the reported 1.7.
after one hit it should not get too hot to keep puffing, regardless of drip tip, altho a plastic driptip does help.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
I am using boge sr cartos and they do get hot! I like my delrin drip as that protects my lips, especially if I take a long drag....The little plastic tops that come with them are useless. There are a lot of drip tips out there and they aren't only used for dripping. As long as it isn't metal, it should help! Good Luck!

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Hi WindLvr...I had the same thing happen to me, however, mine was w/the Joyetech Ego 1000 & the atty/tank. It got so hot that the button on the bat. melted as did the tank, also did a heck of a burn on my fingers trying to get the thing apart - it was also connected to my passthru at the time. I called the vendor who replaced the battery (under warranty) never really found out what the prob. was that created the situation, they thought it might have been the atty itself but not sure. I ordered a Lipo-Safe & try to do all my charging (wall) w/that & am super cautious w/my passthru, which I truly love; also learned NEVER leave anything charging when you're not in the room. Gee...I just realized that I never answered your question....sorry - just be careful.

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
I used my multimeter and the resistance under load is reading 1.8 ohms. I have switched to using a Delrin drip tip as well, thanks for that tip. It is burning through juice so fast though it's ridiculous! Maybe I am filling them wrong I don't know. I had such good luck with my first order, so I felt safe to order again. Now these things are so hot after one or two puffs I have to let it cool before I can hit again. If I don't let it cool the hit just tastes terrible and feels like it burns. Can't wait till tomorrow and try out my new ViVi Nova from GotVapes. I sure hope this thing works out for me. I love vaping, and haven't had an analog in over ten months now. I refuse to give up. I will find something that will work. I had a cheap tank from Madvapes that just burned my juice. They said no refunds, and we are sorry. Here is 10% off if you want another one. thanks for some responses though I truly do appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread