Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I got my wife these slim cart tanks with what they called a locking ring. Ok cool what ever. I get them in and do some youtube videso so figure out how to fill them and all. Ok so far everything is good. I am not sure if she really likes them cause i never see her use them. Ok again that is fine. I would like to get one for myself, but dont really want to spend a ton and i dont want a slim one. What i am lost on is the holes in them. I see places that selll the carts with pre punched holes. Some have one others have two and so on and so forth. Does this mean more liquid that can get it? I mean that makes sense for me. Also how do i know which carts to but to replace the ones that came in them. The ones in there seem to have a flange on them and it fits into these groves and then the locking ring goes on. My B & m's dont seem to carry carts so i am trying to do this on line. I do not like these slim ones cause it seems hard to fill them up. It was hard to get they syringe tip between the tank and cart itself. So any tips on carts to get to replace the ones she has plus a inexpensive larger capacity for me would be great. Thanks,

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I see places that selll the carts with pre punched holes. Some have one others have two and so on and so forth. Does this mean more liquid that can get it? I mean that makes sense for me. Not necessarily. Depending on the Brand and model, they batting material in the tube may be looser or denser and require smaller or larger holes... and have roughly equal wicking.

Also how do i know which carts to but to replace the ones that came in them. The ones in there seem to have a flange on them and it fits into these groves and then the locking ring goes on. My B & m's dont seem to carry carts so i am trying to do this on line. I do not like these slim ones cause it seems hard to fill them up. It was hard to get they syringe tip between the tank and cart itself. So any tips on carts to get to replace the ones she has plus a inexpensive larger capacity for me would be great. Thanks,
I use mostly Boge and some Ikenvape. You really don't need the lock plate... the tank o-ring tension on the carto should be more than enough to hold it in place under most circumstances.
I get my 2 hole, low resistance (LR), standard length 35mm (I don't use "XL" 45mm) Boge laser punched cartos from Surevapes... great prices when you buy in bulk. Ikenvape are more costly due to the custom design... and he's been having quality control issues, but as I understand it, with a new, dedicated assembly line, that's all sorted out.

In the event I come across a smokin' deal on non-punched cartos, I have a carto punch tool... which I also use in the event I don't think I'm getting enough (with certain types of) juice with the standard holes.

Do you have a carto tank filler tool? There a all sorts of brands... here is an example of just one style.

Last... I don't know what tanks you buy or how much you want to spend, but many of us get our glass/aluminum tanks from IBTanked and Phiniac.

Cheers

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not sure what tank you are talking about. A link to the product would have been more helpful.

I know the AGR cartotank is a locking cartotank, but it only comes in one diameter. It comes with two glass tubes so that you can choose either standard or XL length cartos. It also has a juice fill hole/screw on the top of the tank.

I've never been a fan of locking tanks myself. As StateOfFlux said, a quality cartotank will not need the locking mechanism to hold the tank onto the carto.

I'm also a huge fan of the IBTanked pyrex cartotanks. IBTanked Pyrex Cartotank Review

IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg
tank lengths.jpg

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I think you are referring to the smoktech udct tank. This has a locking ring that screws on over the flanged end of the carto and comes in a slim 3.5 mil and full sized 5 milmodel. Here are both examples.

Smoktech 510 UDCT Locking 3.5ml Dual Coil Tank (UDCT)

Smoktech 510 UDCT Locking 5ml Dual Coil Tank (UDCT)

They both use the same carto and any XL carto would work but the smoktech flanged XL (or DCT) carto is what makes the most sense since it has the flange that is locked in place with the locking ring. You can also get a locking ring designed for an ego battery to replace the original ring. Thses cartos are also sold at IBTanked which may be the cheapest place to get them...but almost anyplace has them available. They come in various ohms and both a dual coil and single coil. I like the slim model for out and about but use a IBTanked for home. I prefer single coils at 2.0 ohms.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
This is pretty much the one i got. They dont seem to have the one i did get any more. Could be why it was on sale. lol Gun Metal Artemas Slim Locking 510 DCT, Clear

So i am really considering getting an IBTanked. I like the look of the halfling. If I got that one where, besides IBTabked, do you get the carts to go in it? And do yall have places that you like to get your carts from? So if i decided to go with a standard I would have some idea of where to go? I have been using Kayfuns and Taifuns, but i am really getting tired of tinkering with them. Also getting dry hits and been so tired here latley that I just dont have the time to mess with it. I just want to vape but not wild about the flavor i get from the PT's. This cheap little cart tank that I have has given me the ability to see what they are like without lossing and arm and half a leg. lol Thanks for any input.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Alos Bad I see you have these on your provari. What size are those? 22 mm? And are you using the beauty ring they have on IBTanked? I have a Loki ring that I really like would that work? I have a novice that I am fond of and saw this one guy with a tank on his and he said that was a 19 mm. I like that. Very nice. He had a halfling on it that is why the question on where else to get the carts for those.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I can't help you on the Halfling cartos. I get my XL cartos from Hoosier, they're flanged though. With the beauty ring, you probably want non-flanged so that you can push the tank snug with the ring. Does the Loki have holes or slots for airflow? The one from IBTanked has holes.

22mm is the outside diameter of the Provari, 19mm is the inside diameter of the bevel. Here's a 19mm XL on my Provari... 19mm_ibt.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Halfling on Mini Provari.jpg 19mm halfling on Provari

IBTanked-large-small.jpg 19mm XL and standard IBTanked on Provari's

IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg 22mm standard IBTanked on Provari with Pro Ring

IBTanked_Provari's.jpg 22mm XL IBTanked on Provari's with/without Pro Ring

To my knowledge, IBTanked is the only supplier available for the halfling cartomizers. They are special made for their halfling tanks.

Below image is helpful to know which cartomizers fit which tanks according to length:

tank lengths.jpg

Vendor List of Pre-Punched Cartomizers

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
To my knowledge, IBTanked is the only supplier available for the halfling cartomizers. They are special made for their halfling tanks....

FWIW, The new Nitro series at Ikenvape includes a Mini Nitro that per the description will fit the Halfling

510 Mini Nitro 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread