REALLY new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Hello. I'm less than 48 hours into the world of ecigs. A friend gave me two to sample - blu and Fin. Decided to begin the day with a real cig and then move on to the Fin for several hours. Now testing the blu classic tobacco. "Similar taste, though the blu seems to be "stronger" as far as the hit goes. Any recommendations much appreciated. I've had 2 real cigarettes today and find no problem switching over (so far). I do like the taste of tobacco, so for refilling or trying other brands/accessories, that's my preference.

Thanks for being here! Looks like an awesome resource. :)

Charlie

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Try Alice in Vapeland when you get the chance..they don't have the taste of tobacco, but the experience I've had with their flavors is similar to tobacco. I don't think you'd understand without experiencing them. Most natural flavors I've tried are on or around that same page.

As far as equipment, we need to know your budget and if the cig-a-likes are cutting it for you to really help.

Congrats on your transition.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
find an inexpensive kit w/ 2 small batteries and 2 clearos. I think a Kanger Evod kit will give the beginner and intermediate the goods they need to make vaping pleasant and event free. Then all you need is some e-juice in a "couple" of flavors to get going..
Best of luck to you...
Discountvapors.com may have what you need. check there first..fast delivery..

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
First off, congrats on quitting...Welcome to the world of vaping...Tobacco is a very tough flavor to duplicate..Experiment with a bunch of different flavors, even ones you would never dream of....Good Luck

I should have qualified my tobacco taste to include nice cigars and pipe tobacco too. I can sense the similarity to both. Having tried so many analog cigs over the years, I adjusted to the different tastes-including menthol for a year or so. Appreciate the encouragement. I wish I'd tried this sooner!

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Try Alice in Vapeland when you get the chance..they don't have the taste of tobacco, but the experience I've had with their flavors is similar to tobacco. I don't think you'd understand without experiencing them. Most natural flavors I've tried are on or around that same page.

As far as equipment, we need to know your budget and if the cig-a-likes are cutting it for you to really help.

Congrats on your transition.

My friend said something similar...she found that as long as she got the nicotine, the flavors were nice to test out. I was in a high stress thing for awhile and went to over a pack of cigs a day...then more. That's why I decided to move on when I started actually counting how many I went through in a day.? Ridiculous and getting costly. I was spending easily $50/week on cigs. If I can cut that in half, I would be very pleased.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Welcome Charlie! I started with a Blu kit I bought on impulse. Then I found this forum and how many other options were available and I never looked back. Take your time, research, ask questions and get a setup that works for you. Finding a juice you like takes a bit of experimentation and many of us are surprised at what we like. Cutting down on the smokes is great but don't be surprised if you find one day that the cigs don't appeal to you any more. Congrats & enjoy the journey.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Thanks for the advice WhiteHighlights. Since I started working from home, mornings usually begin with 4 cigs and 3 coffees. Today, I had one cig and put it out half way down...switched to a Fin. Fin's tobacco taste may not be for everyone (I have a blu as well), but I'm realizing already how lousy analog cigs taste. We'll see how this day goes as I do A LOT of research here...what a fantastic resource this forum is.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Kanger Evod kit from Discount Vapers is a great first setup.

If you like the Blu Classic Tobacco flavor (I do, very much), you can come very close to it with Johnson Creek's Red Oak Domestic liquid.

It's a little pricey, but the difference is indistinguishable and Johnson Creek's quality is second to none.

Welcome to information overload. This site has been awesome for me as a new vaper.

Definitely look into the non-cig-a-like types of batteries and flavors. It made the difference for me. When I have hunted for flavors to mimic tobacco, I have found that mimicking the sensation is the best way for me to get close. So the burn, and therefore delivery system, is important here. Dont break the bank, and you wont considering how much analogs cost atm, but spend $40 on some gear and juice and you will not be sorry.

bd

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
The Kanger Evod kit from Discount Vapers is a great first setup.

If you like the Blu Classic Tobacco flavor (I do, very much), you can come very close to it with Johnson Creek's Red Oak Domestic liquid.

It's a little pricey, but the difference is indistinguishable and Johnson Creek's quality is second to none.
Agree wholeheartedly!!!
JC makes all the juices for Blu....but the formulation is proprietary --- ie., what they SELL as e-juice in bottles is NOT EXACTLY what's in the Blu pre-filled carts....Some DO come close, though....!!;)
IBCR and I share our affinity for JC products.....in fact, ICBR is working on a JC "clone" DIY as we speak!!!
Still waiting on FINAL results.....but it LOOKS like he just MIGHT have nailed it!!!:D
But.....I'll let HIM tell all......!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

nightrider89

Apr 2, 2013
USA
My friend said something similar...she found that as long as she got the nicotine, the flavors were nice to test out. I was in a high stress thing for awhile and went to over a pack of cigs a day...then more. That's why I decided to move on when I started actually counting how many I went through in a day.? Ridiculous and getting costly. I was spending easily $50/week on cigs. If I can cut that in half, I would be very pleased.

i think not wanting to pick up an analog is already a great step. I had a similar experience and under stress i picked up a pack... or two... but have turned back to vaping. realized i didnt like the lingering smell.

I would invest a good kit. maybe an eGo battery and protank. I wish i started with this kit because I found myself always wanted to upgrade my current set up into something more advanced... now that im a couple months into vaping.. i want to upgrade my set up again. -_-; but i will say your initial cost may add up to more than what you pay in cigs for a week but they will last you longer in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread