• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

really sick of failing batteries etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well, if it does give up the ghost and you don't mind a long drive, definitely give me a shout. I've got plenty to keep you going. :)

thanks man I defintely appreciate the offer..

pulled the ego controller mod apart and it's burnt up for sure..the smell of a burn resistor is prevalent..on the plus side it looks really easy to make it a mech. mod after pulling it apart..i'm taking pics to help others who have the same ordeal..going to the source tomorrow to pick up a switch..should be able to do it..I ran it solely in variable voltage mode anyway so the mech. switch will be the same just not as pretty which I don't care about lol..

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't have one, but the bolt is a cheap and reliable mechanical mod. surevapes has it for $29 with free shipping to Canada; The Bolt - Gun Metal, it uses an 18500 though, so you'd need a $7 extender for an 18650 or to "kick" it; Bolt Extender - Gun Metal

Haha, I saw that mod in a stealth thread and it still amuses me; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/256781-stealth-mod-pics-anyone-2.html#post4996644

lol yep that's basically what i'll do before reverting back to cigars..I have no want to smoke a cigar again..it'll work for a bit

and I heard lots of horror stories from the bolt with it failing because of bad wiring..I think the smoktech telescopic thing will be a buy in the near future just as a fail safe..

Tonytiger1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Houston
I may have to revert to cigars this weekend as all my batteries are failing..I had a spinner that's in transit to me after failing..today my ego-T 18650 mod controller failed on me..I have one battery left (first one I bought)..knowing my luck it's next to go and won't last the weekend..no wonder the casuals revert back to cigarettes..at least those are consistent lol

I did this little mod. Been working for 2 months. No problems.
Dont go back to the stinky.

dymuru9y.jpg

Tony

Tonytiger1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Houston
lol yep that's basically what i'll do before reverting back to cigars..I have no want to smoke a cigar again..it'll work for a bit

and I heard lots of horror stories from the bolt with it failing because of bad wiring..I think the smoktech telescopic thing will be a buy in the near future just as a fail safe..

Smoktech switch breaks.
ere2uryr.jpg

Tony

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
thanks man I defintely appreciate the offer..

Any time. :)

pulled the ego controller mod apart and it's burnt up for sure..the smell of a burn resistor is prevalent..on the plus side it looks really easy to make it a mech. mod after pulling it apart..i'm taking pics to help others who have the same ordeal..going to the source tomorrow to pick up a switch..should be able to do it..I ran it solely in variable voltage mode anyway so the mech. switch will be the same just not as pretty which I don't care about lol..

If it's just the button then yeah, that shouldn't be hard to fix. Just get a simple button with a 2.5A or better limit and you'll be golden.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Any time. :)

If it's just the button then yeah, that shouldn't be hard to fix. Just get a simple button with a 2.5A or better limit and you'll be golden.

yeah just need to know if the ground will pass through the circuit board and a few other things..it will be trial and error when I wire the switch..hoping tony will guide me on PM and it'll be working tomorrow night lol..i've modded many a flashlight so i'm pretty sure I can get it working but getting the help from someone that has done it will make things 300% easier..

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Super easy. Just look at the distance the current contact is from the bottom. Make sure it's in about the same place. B

Tony

for sure..i'll get it buttoned up tomorrow when I grabbed the switch..will be much more reliable than the stock controller for sure..again thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread