Rebuilding BCC Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all. I was a chain smoker and have quit analogues and have been vapeing for about 3 months. I am I suppose what you would call a chain vaper. I use an Innoken SVD device and mostly use the Bottom Coil Clearomizers. I have found that even with new coils getting a hit that does not taste burnt or no taste of the liquid or leaking gurgling problems. To save on cost I knew that I had to learn to rebuild my own coils. I have gotten quite good at it, making them more perfect than bought ones. At first I could not figure out why the taste was like ..... It has taken three months but I have found that at first I was leaving too much coil sticking out at the base. I have mastered building them with a needle, a 4/40 screw. With 2mm, 2.5mm silica wick material. I have found that if the coil is cut and trimmed with a pair of fingernail clippers as very close to the base or even with it, the coil hits much better. I do not think the coil should be long enough to touch the sides of the base. The shorter the coil the shorter distance the liquid must travel to the coil. By the liquid being able to soak between the base side and end of coil the liquid can wick into the center of the wick and only has to travel a very short distance to the coil. I can chain vape and get no dry hits and get the full flavor of the liquid. I have also found that the flavor is much better at a lower voltage or wattage setting, the lowest that works well. Whether wrapping wire around a single strand of wick using some flavor wick on top or doubling the wick over and pulling through a coil wrapped around a 4/40 screw, keep the wick cut as close and short a possible.
Just wanted to give my two cents, three months of trial and error have finally paid off in learning to enjoy vapeing instead of being aggravated not being able to get a warm flavorful hit..

Moodyfisherman

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
City of Destiny, Wa
Makes me think........hmmmmm....capillary action at its finest maybe. You would think that the more wick it should always be "wet". But if the wick in the coil is vaporizing the liquid away the capillary action is sped up by the lowest resistance created by the shortest coil/wick possible....dang I'm going to have to try it....Thanks JM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread