Recently acquired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justink

Sep 26, 2013
upstate, NY
Hi! My name is Justin, and while I've known about e-cigs for a while, this is the first time I've considered using one. I've smoked analog for about 10 years off and on, more on than off. I have been with my Fiance' for almost 6 years. Up until recently, I hadn't considered the effect of my second hand smoke on her breathing.

The company I work for used to do customer service for another company that sold 'As Seen on TV' items. Including the SmokeAssist brand PV.

Of course, my company is now shutting down, and as we cleaned out the storage room, we find sample products, including a SmokeAssist PV, and of course it has no cartridges. I do not want to purchase SmokeAssist PV because they do not contain nicotine, and while I do not want to smoke around her as often, I do not want to quit smoking. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand of cartridges that would fit my new PV.

Please note, that as are most people, I'm operating on a budget, and am looking for a cheap way to make this work.

Thanks for all your help!

unknown_shooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix AZ
looks like the smokeassist is a "510" clone.. if it is, blu cartridges should fit.. most gas stations & drug stores would have them..

if cost is a primary concern, youll likely find an ego setup with an easily refillable tank is actually much cheaper to use.. you can get a cheap ego starterkit & a big bottle of smoke juice for under $30 at fasttech.com.. but it'll take a couple weeks to hit your mailbox..

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Just be aware that starting with junky gear is akin to setting yourself up for failure.

I'd suggest you look at some "ego" style batteries, and maybe an "evod" to go on top. That setup wouldn't run you more than $25-$30 then find a vendor who sells dekang or hangsen brand e-liquid (very cheap) or look at Mt.baker vapor or ecblends (also, pretty cheap)

This way you might actually enjoy vaping.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
+1 on ego. It will save you a ton of money in the long run. Pre filled's are expensive, and don't really give you a satisfying amount of vapor. Like many of us, several months before I started really vaping, I got a disposable BLU from walgreens, and it never stuck. Back on a pack to two packs a day for another 6 months or so. What's your budget? We can find a few choices for you.

Justink

Sep 26, 2013
upstate, NY
Would it be possible to convert my Smoke Assist into a DIY? I am extremely new to vaping, and you are using some terms and slang that I am unsure of.

There is also a store near me that sells many different E cigarette components including cartridges, juice and atomizers. It is all pretty reasonably priced, so I know where to obtain the supplies.

Additionally, my budget is kind of low. I spend about $30/ month rolling my own cigarettes. I spent about 70 to get started on that. (I bought one of those $40 crank type rollers). So I figure if I can get away with spending about 45 to get started on this, and less than 15 a month (half of my cigarette budget, as I figure that will probably half if I am spending half of my time vaping instead of smoking), then I will be happy.

I was more interested in the automatic vape, considering I like to carry things around in my pockets, and my pockets may push the vape button a lot.

Last edited:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel

APexchange

Sep 22, 2013
Irvine CA
if there is a local vape shop near you I would highly recommend going in and talking to one of the employees so they can set you up with something that is perfect for you. You can explain your situation, what you're working with, your goal.. etc and get a set up that you will continue to use in the future. It will be the key to your success in quitting.

Best of luck to you

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
You can buy cartomizers and drip if it has a 510 connection, but you're not going to actually enjoy it and the battery life is going to be 30 minutes to 2 hours max with a recharge cycle of 1-2 hours. So unless you have 4-5 of the "batteries", you're going to spend more time with the setup than you will vaping.

The eGO style batteries are doing to be your best bet. With most being 650 mah or higher, that'll give you a solid 3-6 hours of vape time depending on how frequently you do it. I carry two of them on-hand at all times just in case my iTaste SVD + iTaste vv/vw 3.0 dies out.

With the eGO batteries, you also open up a world of options. You can use cartomizers, clearomizers / tanks, RBA's - just a few options. The best part is, you don't *have* to spend a ton of money to get a better vape. For the above-mentioned price of $25-$30, you can get a pretty solid setup.

If you like the SA, stick with cartomizers. They're cheap, last a pretty long time (again, depending on how often and how long you vape) and they'll give you some pretty solid vapor and flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread