The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VV USB Passthrough question.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by p0rnst4r, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. p0rnst4r

p0rnst4r Full Member Verified Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Tak-Boleh Land
    Hi everyone.

I've been smoking analogs for almost 18 years.
    My friend recently introduced me to PV saying it would be a better alternative.
    Normally I smoke about 20 sticks a day... but with the PV, I only smoked 3 analogs on the first day. ( after meals:blush: )
    The transition was quite amazing. I'm quite sure with the help of a PV, I would finally be able to quit smoking.
    Recently I stumbled upon this cheap VV USB passthrough while surfing around and would like some feedback about it.
    Would it be dangerous to use it on portable USB power banks or on the computer while my main PV is charging? :blink:

usb.jpg

2. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Welcome and congrats

No, it will be fine. It won't charge fast, but it will still function.

That's neat. Do you know what it is specifically? I'm looking for something cheap like that for work.

3. Wigged Out Mom

Wigged Out Mom Full Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Safford, Arizona USA
  4. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi and welcome to ECF. I've got one of those which I purchased at High Desert Vapes, eGo Passthru. Cheap and effective, but it won't handle very high wattage and shuts down when overloaded. I also wouldn't recommend connecting it to a computer usb port. If it happened to pull too much power it could spell trouble for your computer. I would go with a usb wall adapter that puts out 2.0 amps, I found mine at Walmart for about $8.

5. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    USB on most appliances is 5 Volts. You're not going to pull too much power.

6. TheArtist
    This message by TheArtist has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Oct 18, 2013
  7. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Also agree with not charging thru the usb port. Over the yrs have read a few stories of people frying their usb or MB. Just not worth the risk IMO.

8. p0rnst4r

Sep 30, 2013
    Tak-Boleh Land
    usb2.jpg

I saw this and i thought it was possible. :oops:

9. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
  10. happydave

happydave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    i own one of these! it wont handle low ohms, you are not supposed to use it on computers and gaming consoles because it pulls to much amperage. i got a wall charger with mine that is rated to 2 amps any power source must be rated for 2 or more amps. i don't use it much anymore but its nice to have in the car. also this is not a battery its just a pass-through.

11. p0rnst4r

Sep 30, 2013
    Tak-Boleh Land
    Would I get nasty shocks from using it tho? :?:

12. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    no but you would blow the circuit protection rendering your device (computer, gaming console what ever you plugged it into) useless, unless you know how to solder surface mount components and can fix the blown fuse.

13. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.