The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Recently started having wheezing and coughing from vaping

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by ElOgre, Jan 11, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ElOgre

ElOgre Full Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Hello, I started vaping almost a year ago and everything was going absolutely great, but during the last month I started to wheeze and cough a lot after a few hits. I don't know why. This came out of nowhere. I vape primarily 70vg30pg ejuice in my Nord. I tried a 50/50 ratio and got the same bad effects. I only vape nic juice and have never touched THC juices or anything of that sort. I do however smoke an occasional CBD hempette, but not frequently. Should I move to a 100%vg juice option? If so, what hardware would I need?

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Maybe time to see the Doc?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElOgre

ElOgre Full Member

Mar 18, 2019
    I am calling my doc first thing Monday. I talked to a doctor over the phone and he just told me to quit vaping and prescribed me an inhaler, but the over the phone app lasted maybe 3 minutes at most, so I am going to go my regular clinic to get in indepth check up

• Like Like x 1
  4. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Good man!

If he gives you the all clear - I'd go back to 50/50 - 70/30 gives me a smoker's cough within 2 days whenever I try it.

Also if you like and want 70/30 after you see him - try not inhaling but holding the vape in your mouth for a count of four and letting it out through your nose for a count of four as a pipe smoker would do - nic isn't just absorbed through the lungs.

Good luck whatever!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ElOgre

ElOgre Full Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    You didn't describe your setup or whether it's changed. May be too much heat, may be too much vaper,, may be too many puffs, may be the wrong flavor or it's too strong. May be you have the flu.

7. susieqz

susieqz Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    seems like vg hurts my lungs,
    might be the same for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ElOgre

ElOgre Full Member

Mar 18, 2019
    I am using a smok Nord with 0.6 ohm coils. I tried a 50/50 ratio with same effect. I've been Using 6mg strength ejuice for the past 4 months. But I had started to chain vape more. I haven't Vaped in 5 days and I still cough and wheeze at times, and I'm starting to think that I might have some medical issue.

9. vBDKv

vBDKv Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I would deem that pretty normal. It takes time for your lungs to really clear out, especially after smoking. It took me 2 years of vaping before I experienced it. Basically after each puff, my lungs would go "wheeeeee". I also started coughing again, but no phlegm this time around. It will pass.