Status
Not open for further replies.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
So I got my new reo last night. I already had a rm2 with a 1 ohm coil built on it. I got home slapped it on and took a few hits. It was intense. I remembered that certain flavors of mine aren't actually that good dripped.

So I got about 5 hits in and went to take out the trash. I bobbled the shiny new black reo and when I tried to grab it the resulting reaches caused me to throw the thing about 20' out into the road. So it's not so shiny and new anymore. It broke the drip tip off but it still fired when I picked it up. I was heartbroken but all I could do was laugh at it. I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on this thing and then I take it and throw it into the street. I'll post pictures once I fully wake up.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Congrats on the pick up and welcome to Reoville :toast:

IMHO, all you did was give the little beauty some character. The Japanese have a design philosophy called Wabi Sabi - the impermanence of being; everything is in transition, with nature overriding all. An essential theme is that it's only man's hubris that makes us think that what we construct is either permanent or able to withstand nature's influence. It's a cool credo for things like park benches, barns, or our mods. Maybe not so cool for things like nuclear reactors (too soon?).

Besides, chicks dig scars.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Congrats on the pick up and welcome to Reoville :toast:

IMHO, all you did was give the little beauty some character. The Japanese have a design philosophy called Wabi Sabi - the impermanence of being; everything is in transition, with nature overriding all. An essential theme is that it's only man's hubris that makes us think that what we construct is either permanent or able to withstand nature's influence. It's a cool credo for things like park benches, barns, or our mods. Maybe not so cool for things like nuclear reactors (too soon?).

Besides, chicks dig scars.

I've heard of this before. Also, includes "imperfections", as in nothing is perfect, so an artist may include some small imperfection in the work. I've heard this used in reference to woodworking.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I've heard of this before. Also, includes "imperfections", as in nothing is perfect, so an artist may include some small imperfection in the work. I've heard this used in reference to woodworking.

Imperfections, yes - also "poop happens" is a plus....

wabi-sabi-pot3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread