Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
WOW! This thread has exploded since my last visit here. Very entertaining to read all the interpretations of Malty. I still believe with all that's in me that Malty is EM, PG and VG, period. There might possibly be an additive of vinegar or some type of enhancer or sweetener but the primary flavor is ethyl maltol and because EM has somewhat of a malt type taste and because of the "maltol" ingredient, it was named malty. It's figuring out the ratio Don uses that holds the key to a full fledged Malty clone. The smell of EM crystals when you first open the bottle IS what Malty tastes like, nothing more, nothing less. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :blush:

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...:)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
it definitely can be subjectivity....because many of us have done exactly what you did (myself included) and said "it's similar, but something is missing." btw, have you actually mixed up a batch of VG & EM with malted milk? -- if not, try it (at a low % of each, as we're coming to find out) and let us know what you think.

Yes i have tried malted milk . DIdnt come close .It actually tastes completely different. Im saying taste is not possible to be subjective when im vaping them both together and they taste the same . Taste can be subjective from one person to another but not one person vaping both juices side by side . Thats what i meant .

Also yes im such a dummy lol I didnt even think to link Malty - Maltol . Im sure now that was the reason for the name malty .

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Yes i have tried malted milk . DIdnt come close .It actually tastes completely different. Im saying taste is not possible to be subjective when im vaping them both together and they taste the same . Taste can be subjective from one person to another but not one person vaping both juices side by side . Thats what i meant .

Also yes im such a dummy lol I didnt even think to link Malty - Maltol . Im sure now that was the reason for the name malty .

Yes, I know, but let's say your personal taste buds don't pick up on a subtle flavor (just consider the possibility before you set your mind to disagree...you are not infallible ;) ) and someone else is super sensitive to that flavor....it could be in there and you wouldn't taste it, but the other person would. My point in subjectivity....

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
WOW! This thread has exploded since my last visit here. Very entertaining to read all the interpretations of Malty. I still believe with all that's in me that Malty is EM, PG and VG, period. There might possibly be an additive of vinegar or some type of enhancer or sweetener but the primary flavor is ethyl maltol and because EM has somewhat of a malt type taste and because of the "maltol" ingredient, it was named malty. It's figuring out the ratio Don uses that holds the key to a full fledged Malty clone. The smell of EM crystals when you first open the bottle IS what Malty tastes like, nothing more, nothing less. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :blush:

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...:)

I AGREE fully . I could let you smell em with your eyes closed and you would easily say oh it BWB malty . I dont taste anything even remotely else in it and 100% no malted milk . Don is right though that people taste some strange things . He was saying people say theres definitely tobacco in it which is crazy lol . If any by any chance i thought anything else was in it i would say sweetener . Malted/malt milkany creamyness for that matter i dont see at all but thats me i guess . Im usually pretty good with tastes .

DO a test ,smell malty then smell EM at 10% .

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I used to live right by a malt plant and the smell from rotten malt at the plant used to be very strong in the air. I think MT smells just like the nasty malt plant. Even if there is no malted anything, I still taste soured beer. Maybe in 6 mos from now I will think it tastes different? I use EM to sweeten and I like the cotton candy flavoring in small amounts. I guess at higher concentrations EM is nasty like MT.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
While I've used TPA Malted Milk in some test juices, I don't care for it. I think we can also count it out of the Malty or Malty Toffee discussion.

But, the FF Malt extract + a 6% or so EM flavoring is starting to sound like it could be the winner. I think there's something more than just EM that makes up Malty.

.....no doubt in my mind you are correct.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Here's some interesting BWB trivia for those who may not know. When Don first created Malty, he named it Eco Poor. He later changed the name to Malty. If you've ever vaped Eco Pure Rich, you'd see the remarkable resemblance. However, I think Malty has Eco Pure beat by a long shot. That might be the reason some have detected a tobacco taste but who knows. Everyone has their own interpretation of flavor. Just thought I'd throw some BWB history out there while the debate continues. :)

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Okay...I'm going to give this a try with a little spin.

My recipe:

5ml base @ 18mg NIC, 30%PG/70%VG.
Ethyl Maltol 10 drops
And...
Malt Vinegar 2 drops

Hey..How bad could it be?

Pete

Update from today.

Wow, this stuff is good! I say it IS, or is VERY VERY close to BWB Malty!

Good job Str8V8ping! (Just an aside...What the heck is with the hexadecimal name? I can never remember how to spell it.:confused:)

Pete

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I have some TPA malted milk coming to try. I am thinking only a drop or 2 for 3-4 ml.

I'm pretty sure BWB Malty doesn't contain this, and have made no progress using it. But, let us know what you find!

I ordered some cyclotene to try out. It is described as a sweet, slightly caramel, very slightly nutty flavor. In large percentages is is like the undertones of maple. It might make the EM pop.

Interesting. Where did you get it from?

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No buying, selling or trading outside of the classifieds

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I'm pretty sure BWB Malty doesn't contain this, and have made no progress using it. But, let us know what you find!

Interesting. Where did you get it from?

Well I thought I ordered it. Talking to the company now. Trying to get a sample because they only sell by the KG even though their site let me buy 50 grams.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Well I thought I ordered it. Talking to the company now. Trying to get a sample because they only sell by the KG even though their site let me buy 50 grams.

Well, if you find yourself with a KG, you can probably pass a bit to everyone in this thread and never run out! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread