Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don’t have the ooo but can add it to my next order.
There's probably another sweetener you can try for that effect, I don’t use sweeteners often so not sure what to suggest. Bought the powdered sugar to try making coulis type drizzles. Mixed up an apricot raspberry one this morning. Hoping I'm at least in the ballpark with the mix. Might need to add maybe 0.3-0.5 jelly candy to it for texture. I'll find out in a few days I guess.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Not sure yet what I did wrong but my version of papa’s blueberry cookie is not good. I barely taste the cookie or the blueberry. Back to the drawing board on this one.
Might try a couple drops of bilberry or boysenberry to boost the blueberry. If you used the cake might need a crisper cookie like FA or go up to 4 for the CAP. Do you have the WF shortbread cookie? I'm wanting to use it for a berry pie crust.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Might try a couple drops of bilberry or boysenberry to boost the blueberry. If you used the cake might need a crisper cookie like FA or go up to 4 for the CAP. Do you have the WF shortbread cookie? I'm wanting to use it for a berry pie crust.

I was thinking to go back and try with FA cookie. I do have WF shortbread cookie. I did use the lemon cake in it but barely taste it. I’m thinking about trying a different cake too. I just got wf fluffy white cake and nonnas cake. I think the boysenberry is a good idea. I might start with the blueberry and boysenberry along with about 4% fa cookie and try that as a base and see if I need anything else. I don’t think I really need the Bavarian cream.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I was thinking to go back and try with FA cookie. I do have WF shortbread cookie. I did use the lemon cake in it but barely taste it. I’m thinking about trying a different cake too. I just got wf fluffy white cake and nonnas cake. I think the boysenberry is a good idea. I might start with the blueberry and boysenberry along with about 4% fa cookie and try that as a base and see if I need anything else. I don’t think I really need the Bavarian cream.
    The lemon cake is a tastes good-fade-comes back flavor but the lemon is weaker at the come back. If you want a lemon kick FE or SC should be fine. I did mix some sour lemon with blueberry for a test, it was good but the sour seemed to mute the berry after a couple weeks.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

I find Acetyl Pyrazine between .25-.50 can help give that grainy cookie sensation to a mix. I like Letitia's suggestion regarding WF shortbread cookie as well.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good advice. Thanks to both of you. I did a new mix with

Wild blueberry 2
    Blueberry extra 2
    Boysenberry 1
    Cookie fa 4

I’ll let it sit a while and see if it’s any good. I might try a little AP. Not sure if I should add any cake or not at this point.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good advice. Thanks to both of you. I did a new mix with

Wild blueberry 2
    Blueberry extra 2
    Boysenberry 1
    Cookie fa 4

I’ll let it sit a while and see if it’s any good. I might try a little AP. Not sure if I should add any cake or not at this point.
    It's a good start. I'd mix a little Fresh cream with that.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Do you think the percentages look ok so far. I can go back and add the sugar cookie and fresh cream. Or should I try it as is and then add?
    Always go with your instincts first and go from there imo. I always taste my ideas first then move on to other's ideas if I'm off base.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread