Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Here's something I thought I'd try. Nothing beats a try, right...

BANUTTER PECAN BREAD

Banana Nut Bread (TFA) - 6%
Butter Pecan (FW) - 4%
Yellow Cake (FW) - 2%

Well, that was a total failure.
Back to the drawing board...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
But what would happen if you "steeped" it for a few weeks?
FW Butter Pecan is the offender. It's the only flavor I have ever rated Hostile. No amount of steeping helped it for me.

I used it at 1% and gave it one month steep and it was horrible. Harsh, very harsh. Didn't taste like pecan to me either. To be very fair, there are folks who like FW butter pecan. I threw mine in the trash.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
BananaBerry Milkshake

Banana Cream (TFA) - 5%
Milkshake Base (MB) - 5%
Strawberry Ripe (TFA) - 4%

Just started into this one, and really enjoying it. Maybe a few drops of Koolada next time to give it a 'cool mouth feel', but this is sweet and smooth already.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I've been simplifying what I mix recently, and I enjoy the mixes just as much as the complex ones. Here's a few with just one flavor:

1. FA Up- 3% This is mostly a cappucino flavor but a little boozy and a hint of dark chocolate.

2- FA Cheesecake Olympus 3% Not really tangy like some cheesecake flavors, but really creamy and delicious imo. Like a cheesecake made with mascarpone instead of cream cheese, which kinda makes sense since FA is an Italian company.

3- TFA Banana Nut Bread 8% Don't know why I didn't try this earlier, cuz it's as good or better than a lot of complex mixes I've made with it over the years. Just like the name, maybe a little cinnamon in there too.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
TFA Banana Nut Bread 8% Don't know why I didn't try this earlier, cuz it's as good or better than a lot of complex mixes I've made with it over the years. Just like the name, maybe a little cinnamon in there too.

+1 for the TFA Banana Nut Bread. It is pretty good as a stand alone. I tried to "improve" it recently. but never could. Maybe I should have left well enough alone....

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
+1 for the TFA Banana Nut Bread. It is pretty good as a stand alone. I tried to "improve" it recently. but never could. Maybe I should have left well enough alone....
Yeah, it's a solid solid flavor. I use FA flavors for the most part, but there's a few from TFA that are indispensable to me. BNB is one, Cheesecake Graham Crust is another.

I know it's outside the scope of this thread, but this is the best use of BNB in a complex mix, out of the many I tried. It's not mine and I don't really remember who or where I got this from (it's a really old recipe), but it's really delicious. It's a banana pancake with maple syrup and blueberries:

TFA Banana Nutbread 5%
FA Cookie 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
Capella Vanilla Custard v1 or v2 1%
FA Caramel 0.5%
FA Nut Mix 0.5%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra 0.5%
FA Almond 0.5%
FA Bilberry 0.5%

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
FW Butter Pecan is the offender. It's the only flavor I have ever rated Hostile. No amount of steeping helped it for me.

I used it at 1% and gave it one month steep and it was horrible. Harsh, very harsh. Didn't taste like pecan to me either. To be very fair, there are folks who like FW butter pecan. I threw mine in the trash.
Yeah, when I first started DIY'ing this got a lot of rave reviews, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed when I got it. Didn't really care for most of the FW flavors I tried tbh. They used to be popular in the early days, but I don't see them used nearly as much in the last few years.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Valentine's Day

Strawberries & Cream (TFA) - 6%
Chocolate Mousse (BCV) - 3%
Whipped Cream (TFA) - 2%
Graham Cracker (TFA) - 2%

Borrowed and changed. What originally looked like a strawberry milkshake recipe, but inspired a few changes to reach for chocolate covered strawberries, a mail order Valentine's Day gift. I find the vape to be light and smooth, with strawberries and chocolate at the forefront.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
100% Natural Real Tobacco Extracts for DIY
I discovered Real Tobacco Extracts years ago after failing to find my flavor profile from the usual sources.
I love tobacco (unlike many vapers), almost all the varieties work for me from RTE including Burley, Virginia, Perique, Turkish, Cigar leaf, some cased tobaccos (Black Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Raspberry etc).

Real Tobacco Extracts has a 3X concentrate that works very well for me. My everyday is a Burley/Virginia blend. Here it is for robust 12mg nic for a 30 ml bottle:
33% 3X Cowboy 9.9 ml
12% 100mg/ml PG nicotine 3.6 ml
21% PG 6.3 ml
33% VG 9.0 ml

I substitute the other 3X extracts for the Cowboy (Burley/Bright Virginia)occasionally:
Old Grandad (Red Virginia/Burley)
Maple Virginia (Bright Virginia/Maple Essence)
Turkish (Izmir)
The cigar leaf extracts are good too

I use the same recipe for all varieties. Some people I know use less but not usually more.
ciglabels-4.jpg
Years ago, before I DIYed, I bought three or four bottles (not extract) on a special sale. The owner emailed me two days later to tell me that he can't honor the sale price because it was a mistake. I called him to express my disappointment and I had a nice discussion with him. He explained that he's a small company who just can't afford to honor the sales price. He said if it was just a few people who ordered he could, but he's had over a hundred orders in just two days and his cost of extracting is higher than what was advertised. Long story short, I agreed to buy a couple of bottles at a small discount. Good stuff, but there was no way that I was gonna pay full price ($30) for a bottle of tobacco eliquid, especially as there were other good NET vendors selling for half that price.

Anyhow, I remember the owner telling me he's based in Seattle. When I saw your post I wanted to purchase a couple extract bottles out of nostalgia, and the first thing I saw was that they don't sell in Washington state. Imagine that, the owner can't sell the product in his own state, and my luck; I've moved to Seattle from NYC since my original purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread