Recipes for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I'm a pretty lazy mixer. I like having a base of flavoring with nic I can add a drop or 2 of another flavor if I like.
I've been working on a custard base for quite some time. The recipe below is the result of a mistake - I forgot I had added one of the flavorings so I added it again...essentially doubling it.
I keep 2 500ml bottles with this recipe. You have to have enough room to shake the mixture. Let it breathe a day - top off. Shake both daily there after when you refill your tank.

I seed my new mixture when I get down to 200ml in my main bottle labeled #1. Bottle labeled #2 gets the new mixture at 200ml and 200ml seed. This way I always have 400ml that is steeped rtv (ready to vape) and 400ml seeded fresh mix. This way I have a steep time for the new mixture of no less than 3 weeks.
I hope that all made sense

Here is the recipe. It's a custard. Excellent with about any flavors I have found. Fruits, danish, ry4, etc. For the last few weeks I've been stuck on adding Cappuccino (TFA) which is stupid strong to me so I dilute (1%) in 10ml . I put a drop or 2 in my 10ml (not filled to top though) squonk bottle.

Put whatever percent nic you wish. I'm at 10% nic now but I suspect I'll keep lowering this because I didn't prepare and buy extra nic in time.

Enjoy!
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 10%
Vanilla Custard (TFA) 5%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 2%
Shisha Vanilla (INW) 2%

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm a pretty lazy mixer. I like having a base of flavoring with nic I can add a drop or 2 of another flavor if I like.
I've been working on a custard base for quite some time. The recipe below is the result of a mistake - I forgot I had added one of the flavorings so I added it again...essentially doubling it.
I keep 2 500ml bottles with this recipe. You have to have enough room to shake the mixture. Let it breathe a day - top off. Shake both daily there after when you refill your tank.

I seed my new mixture when I get down to 200ml in my main bottle labeled #1. Bottle labeled #2 gets the new mixture at 200ml and 200ml seed. This way I always have 400ml that is steeped rtv (ready to vape) and 400ml seeded fresh mix. This way I have a steep time for the new mixture of no less than 3 weeks.
I hope that all made sense

Here is the recipe. It's a custard. Excellent with about any flavors I have found. Fruits, danish, ry4, etc. For the last few weeks I've been stuck on adding Cappuccino (TFA) which is stupid strong to me so I dilute (1%) in 10ml . I put a drop or 2 in my 10ml (not filled to top though) squonk bottle.

Put whatever percent nic you wish. I'm at 10% nic now but I suspect I'll keep lowering this because I didn't prepare and buy extra nic in time.

Enjoy!
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 10%
Vanilla Custard (TFA) 5%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 2%
Shisha Vanilla (INW) 2%

I think I got it. Bottle # 1 becomes bottle # 2(so you can add new 200 ml newly mixed recipe into) and bottle #2 (that was busy steeping) now becomes bottle # 1 for vaping. Yeah.....got it.

:)

btw -- recipe sounds good.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I think I got it. Bottle # 1 becomes bottle # 2(so you can add new 200 ml newly mixed recipe into) and bottle #2 (that was busy steeping) now becomes bottle # 1 for vaping. Yeah.....got it.

btw -- recipe sounds good.
:lol: sorta?

So, after I'm done mixing - I have bottle #2 with 400ml that will steep and bottle #1 with 200 ml that will become the "seed" for the next mixing cycle. The other 200ml (from the fully steeped bottle #1) is in a 250ml "filler" bottle I carry around to fill my squonk bottle I'm currently vaping.

Sounds silly when I read what I typed and maybe seems overly complicated but I've been doing this since October with this recipe and it's working well for how much effort I can put into mixing right now.

Hope it helps someone

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
:lol: sorta?

So, after I'm done mixing - I have bottle #2 with 400ml that will steep and bottle #1 with 200 ml that will become the "seed" for the next mixing cycle. The other 200ml (from the fully steeped bottle #1) is in a 250ml "filler" bottle I carry around to fill my squonk bottle I'm currently vaping.

Sounds silly when I read what I typed and maybe seems overly complicated but I've been doing this since October with this recipe and it's working well for how much effort I can put into mixing right now.

Hope it helps someone
Ok now it makes some more sense....the introduction of the 'filler' bottle is what was missing for me. I am not knocking your system at all. As long as you are happy that is all that matters.
I use rta's each with their own flavors. I use an old cosmetic bag to hold my daily used flavors (since I travel quite often) and most of those 'filler' bottles are 60ml-some are 30's. When I make a flavor I really like and can vape for a long while I usually make 120ml of it. Anyway having so many flavors on hand allows me to mix a whole lot less. I started this when I was still working and did not have the time to mix very often. The flavors have held up for a long while, some almost a year(while I keep the unused in the refridge). My number of daily vapes is around 14 now so variety is a must for me to keep me vaping and interested.

We each have our own systems and I say YAY. Whatever works is great.

Good to see you posting again.

ps. I think Nicotine Giant is till selling nic in 1 liter bottles any mg. You may want to give a peek.
I just got a liter last week in April and since shipping is still available go for it. Mine came same as usual in usps with no extra stuff some places are adding. Like signature verify.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Apple Cinnamon Roll

Apple (TFA) - 4%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) - 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 2%
Cotton Candy (TFA) - 1%

At first I thought "too much Cinnamon", but as the day went by my taste buds began to pick up on the nuances of the mixture. Tasty little treat for under 10% flavoring. Almost has a "Bear Claw" kind of taste to it.

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Apple Cinnamon Roll

Apple (TFA) - 4%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) - 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 2%
Cotton Candy (TFA) - 1%

At first I thought "too much Cinnamon", but as the day went by my taste buds began to pick up on the nuances of the mixture. Tasty little treat for under 10% flavoring. Almost has a "Bear Claw" kind of taste to it.
Someone told me one time about a decent sub for cotton candy....sweetener maybe. Does that sound right? There's a good chance I would like this mix with just the first three ingredients.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Someone told me one time about a decent sub for cotton candy....sweetener maybe. Does that sound right? There's a good chance I would like this mix with just the first three ingredients.
most people use cotton candy as a sweetener, so I'd say you could probably make the mix without it and if afterwards you feel it needs it you could add a few drops of sweetener to it.
for me, cotton candy also kind of masks flavors a bit so i tend not to use it

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
most people use cotton candy as a sweetener, so I'd say you could probably make the mix without it and if afterwards you feel it needs it you could add a few drops of sweetener to it.
for me, cotton candy also kind of masks flavors a bit so i tend not to use it
Thank you. I have sweetener, but I don't recall ever using it. Think I'll just try it without as you suggested.

Reactions: kas122461

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
If you like watermelon, this is like a one shot:
Decadent Vapors Walter Malone at 5%
Sweetener is optional at .5%

Similar to DIYorDie's Water Malone

Can it still be bought in the U.S. Since River shut down or is Chefs UK the only other source now?

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    My very first easy recipe that fits in this thread, Apple Cinnamon Roll:

Baked Cinnamon Roll (OSDIY) - 5%
    Fuji Apple (FA) - 1%

wham bam thank you ma'am your done. Shake well 24-72 hour steep if you want, but can be SNV...

links for purchase:

One Stop Flavors - Baked Cinnamon Roll - 120mL

Fuji-FA

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread