Recoiled my 1st Vivi Nova head, RBA's here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The title probably doesn't completely express the extent of my excitement, but WOOHOO!
champagne.gif

Don't get me wrong...the coil isn't terribly pretty. It came in at a disappointing (for me) 1.9 Ω, and using two lengths of 3.0mm silica was definitely a mistake because it's so tight that I think it's really affecting the wicking.

Still, it's a huge confidence booster, and I'm already looking to buy an AGA-T soon so that I can finally find out what all the rba hype is about for myself.

Just wanted to celebrate a little with people that get it, because my wife just didn't really seem to understand why this got me the least bit excited. :glare:

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
hehehe.. I'm definitely one of "the easily amused" so I'm with you on the excitement :) Seriously, it's not that easy in the beginning but the more you make, the easier it gets. Some hold a needle with the wick to help keep the coil straight. There's a lot of info. I found that using some insulation rubber from a wire helps to keep the legs of the coil from hanging at the bottom when you're inserting the coil.
Congratulations on your first(of many I presume) coil ;)

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
The title probably doesn't completely express the extent of my excitement, but WOOHOO!
View attachment 176585

Don't get me wrong...the coil isn't terribly pretty. It came in at a disappointing (for me) 1.9 Ω, and using two lengths of 3.0mm silica was definitely a mistake because it's so tight that I think it's really affecting the wicking.

Still, it's a huge confidence booster, and I'm already looking to buy an AGA-T soon so that I can finally find out what all the rba hype is about for myself.

Just wanted to celebrate a little with people that get it, because my wife just didn't really seem to understand why this got me the least bit excited. :glare:

Would you suggest a 1 month old vape newbie attempt it? I have a Vivi Nova tank? I want perfection and I wanted it yesterday. I've been reading about changing wicks before I even had my ProVari delivered. You sir, are my hero.

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
View attachment 176585

Still, it's a huge confidence booster, and I'm already looking to buy an AGA-T soon so that I can finally find out what all the RBA hype is about for myself.

Would you suggest a 1 month old vape newbie attempt it? I have a Vivi Nova tank? I want perfection and I wanted it yesterday. I've been reading about changing wicks/coils before I even had my ProVari delivered. You sir, are my hero.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Would you suggest a 1 month old vape newbie attempt it? I have a Vivi Nova tank? I want perfection and I wanted it yesterday. I've been reading about changing wicks before I even had my ProVari delivered. You sir, are my hero.

I did my first Genesis coil on my second day of vaping, so making a silica wick and coil would be no problem at all, they are much easier. :) Go for it.

To the OP, doing a genny wick/coil is way harder, but also lots of fun, get the AGA T-2 which is better than the old version.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I've only been vaping since October of 2012, and I did it, so I don't see why not.

I tend to go pretty deep into anything that I get interested in, to the extent that my wife thinks I'm a little insane. For example, I once tried helping a friend put up a website. A few years later, I'm a freelance web designer with a handful of clients, and I've even done some sub-contract work with a local web design firm who thought my work was impeccable (their words).

I did my first Genesis coil on my second day of vaping, so making a silica wick and coil would be no problem at all, they are much easier. :) Go for it.

To the OP, doing a genny wick/coil is way harder, but also lots of fun, get the AGA T-2 which is better than the old version.

Way ahead of you my friend...about to order a DiD, and an Aga-T. Given how manic I get, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I machine my own mod and I've never even done anything remotely close to "machining" anything before. I'm a career restauranteur for pete's sake!

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
I've only been vaping since October of 2012, and I did it, so I don't see why not.

I tend to go pretty deep into anything that I get interested in, to the extent that my wife thinks I'm a little insane. For example, I once tried helping a friend put up a website. A few years later, I'm a freelance web designer with a handful of clients, and I've even done some sub-contract work with a local web design firm who thought my work was impeccable (their words).

Way ahead of you my friend...about to order a DiD, and an Aga-T. Given how manic I get, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I machine my own mod and I've never even done anything remotely close to "machining" anything before. I'm a career restauranteur for pete's sake!

Awesome, sounds we have a similar approach to things. I bough a camera just to snap a few pictures of my son after he was born, ended up working as a photographer fulltime for a couple years haha... :)

Falso25

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Baltimore
I have been using genesis attys since two weeks after I started vaping. The first project I undertook was modding my vivi nova with a SS mesh wick. Now that is tricky. My wife would ask me what I was doing in the bathroom for an hour and a half. She calls my provari the other woman. Just READ UP!!! You need to know how to use a multimeter so you don't blow up your face. If you have questions ask everyone here has been really nice. Zen has a good coil building video on provapes site and igetcha69 (aka Scott Bonner from www.e-cig-reviews.com) has like 5 videos under rebuild able atomizers where he shows it from start to finish. That's how I learned. But I am also a building automation controls technician and work on low voltage electrical systems daily. GOOD LUCK!

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I've been building my own coils for about a year now. I don't think I'll ever buy a premade one again. It's just too easy and I get the best vapor from them. I've rebuilt both the vivi nova and the kanger pro tank heads. I've used genesis style atty's, misc Phoenix atty's, the A7 the igo l and most recently the cyclone. Cyclone seems to be my favorite so far. Using anywhere from 1 to 3 mm silica and 32 awg wire and get right around a 1.5ohm coil every time. Love these rba's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread