Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What type of atomizer were you using? Do you prefer a tight draw mouth to lung type experience which is closer to a cigarette, or a direct lung type of vape with more cloud production. Also, when you say rechargeable, do you want a built in battery or a mod that allows you to swap in batteries that you can charge separately?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you want a new mod, a new atomizer (tank), or a complete kit (mod + tank)? I'm confused. :blink:

Since it is your atomizer which broke, couldn't you just get a new tank and still use the mod you already have?

What was the tank that broke? Brand and model? Was it a mouth-to-lung (MTL) or direct-to-lung (DTL) model?

More specific information is needed to provide a better answer.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think one of the best looking options available now is the Vaporesso Gen. It’s been getting good reviews and it comes with lots of interesting features such as econo mode for stretching battery life until you can get a fresh set, I could see this being useful. It also has this pulse mode which is supposed to give a more consistent hit and seems to work well for those who’ve tried it. Vaporesso makes good gear so whatever tank it comes with should be good if you get the kit. Check out some reviews and see what you think.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, Aegis solo with Cerberus Sub-ohm tank is an affordable option, mod is almost apocalypse proof, and comes with a quite well tank...
The Cerberus tank is most definitely a DTL tank which uses low ohm coils requiring higher wattage settings. If the OP needs a MTL tank and doesn't want to vape at high wattage settings then she'll likely be disappointed with the Cerberus.

+1 for the Aegis Solo mod, but the OP may wish to use a different tank on top depending upon what style of vaper she is.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
The Cerberus tank is most definitely a DTL tank which uses low ohm coils requiring higher wattage settings. If the OP needs a MTL tank and doesn't want to vape at high wattage settings then she'll likely be disappointed with the Cerberus.

+1 for the Aegis Solo mod, but the OP may wish to use a different tank on top depending upon what style of vaper she is.
ya right, my bad, but the aegis solo mod, well, just amazing!

Regards,

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. There are many options available and I'm sure others will be along that has a better knowledge of what's new on the market. My tanks, Kayfun V3 Mini, have been around for a while and are really hard to find. I have 4 more on order from Fasttech. I have a restricted DTL at 10W and really like this tank. I also just picked up 2 Eleaf Pico X mods that are small and fit my hand really nicely. They take one 18650 battery. At under $30 each, they fit my budget just right. Good luck, I neglected to mention that we love helping others spend their money. lol

primitive73

Aug 27, 2019
Do you want a new mod, a new atomizer (tank), or a complete kit (mod + tank)? I'm confused. :blink:

Since it is your atomizer which broke, couldn't you just get a new tank and still use the mod you already have?

What was the tank that broke? Brand and model? Was it a mouth-to-lung (MTL) or direct-to-lung (DTL) model?

More specific information is needed to provide a better answer.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Would like a complete new kit. I could get a new tank, but I am hoping I can find a mod that has less to no spitback.

The brand and model of the tank that broke was an Eleaf GS Atomizer which I use with an Eleaf Istick TC40W.
I don't know how to tell my vape is MTL vs. DTL. After further reading, for my new kit I would prefer a MTL model.

Hope that this info helps :)

primitive73

Aug 27, 2019
What type of atomizer were you using? Do you prefer a tight draw mouth to lung type experience which is closer to a cigarette, or a direct lung type of vape with more cloud production. Also, when you say rechargeable, do you want a built in battery or a mod that allows you to swap in batteries that you can charge separately?

I prefer a MTL. Built in battery

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I prefer a MTL. Built in battery

Innokin Kroma A with a Zenith tank. The Zlide is the newer tank that has a few advantages over the Zenith, but they use the same coils.

If you don't want full VW and can live with selection from several preset power levels, the Innokin Adept. Comes with a Zlide and is rugged and waterproof.

Those are about the best mtl setups with internal batteries and excellent mtl drop in factory coils.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Would like a complete new kit. I could get a new tank, but I am hoping I can find a mod that has less to no spitback.
The mod (battery device) has absolutely nothing to do with "spitback". Spitback has to do with the tank or atomizer being used on the mod. The battery device merely supplies power to the tank.

Spitback occurs when there is too much e-liquid or condensation within the air chamber of the tank. A flooded coil is the likely culprit.

Last edited:

primitive73

Aug 27, 2019
The mod (battery device) has absolutely nothing to do with "spitback". Spitback has to do with the tank or atomizer being used on the mod. The battery device merely supplies power to the tank.

Spitback occurs when there is too much e-liquid or condensation within the air chamber of the tank. A flooded coil is the likely culprit.

I totally agree with you. I have tried replacing the coil and it didn't help - AT ALL. Granted I have not gone through all of the multiple tips to stop spitback… I can just buy a new atomizer for my Istick, but my Istick has been through the ringer, and I was nervous I would just run into spitback again...

primitive73

Aug 27, 2019
I totally agree with you. I have tried replacing the coil and it didn't help - AT ALL. Granted I have not gone through all of the multiple tips to stop spitback… I can just buy a new atomizer for my Istick, but my Istick has been through the ringer, and I was nervous I would just run into spitback again...

And, it's going to cost almost as much to buy an atomizer and 5-pack of coils for my Eleaf (which I could only find in stock at a online discount vape shop, as it would to buy a new mod kit...

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
And, it's going to cost almost as much to buy an atomizer and 5-pack of coils for my Eleaf (which I could only find in stock at a online discount vape shop, as it would to buy a new mod kit...

Do remember that as long as you get any kit with a tank that uses drop in coils, you'll be ordering additional coils anyway.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Your stipulations are reasonable for everything but the price. Look at all the money you've saved on cigarettes and ask yourself why you feel the need to pinch pennies on equipment.

Reminds me of a story about Jake and James, who are both starting new jobs in a yard.
Jake has budgeted only $30 for boots. They look great when they're new, but they don't keep out the wet and they fall apart in six months. James spends $300 on top quality boots that keep his feet warm and dry and last for years. Jake scoffs at James for wasting money on a needless extravagance. When Jake's boots wear out he can easily buy a shiny new pair. At the end of six years Jake has gone through a dozen pairs of boots and been in constant discomfort. But James spent less overall and has had warm, toasty feet throughout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread