Recommend Griffin alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
What would you folks recommend as an alternative to the griffin that is less picky about wicking?

Its always a fight to get just the right amount to allow chain vaping and not leak, then of course every time I get it vaping nicely after closing/opening the juice flow a few times it nudges the wicking just enough to start leaking.

I've been running single coils 95% of the time lately, so if its a single only RTA that works too.

EDIT:
I suppose I should mention I'm a direct lung vapor,

RT5A

Feb 12, 2016
uk
billow v3 or the new griffin plus , it has a juice well like the tsunami

♦ Kennedy style bottom airflow
♦ RDTA juice flow channel
♦ Easy wicking exactly same as RDA
♦ Big velocity build deck (18.9mm)

geekvape-griffin-25-plus-new-deck-700x484.jpg

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
billow v3 or the new griffin plus , it has a juice well like the tsunami

♦ Kennedy style bottom airflow
♦ RDTA juice flow channel
♦ Easy wicking exactly same as RDA
♦ Big velocity build deck (18.9mm)

geekvape-griffin-25-plus-new-deck-700x484.jpg

O0o Interesting. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

Thanks!

I might need to buy the Boreas to see what the fuss is about. On the other hand the Aromamizer was a tank that I couldn't wick if my life depended on it. And I'm reading they are somewhat similar.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I suppose it comes with 2 decks one 2.5mm and one 2.0mm feed holes.

But I had the same issues with the Aromamizer as you. So I'm skeptical.

The Mage would be good to try but I vape through 3mls in about 10-15 mins. So that would be a major downer.

Last edited:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I might need to buy the Boreas to see what the fuss is about. On the other hand the Aromamizer was a tank that I couldn't wick if my life depended on it. And I'm reading they are somewhat similar.

O0o Interesting. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I suppose it comes with 2 decks one 2.5mm and one 2.0mm feed holes.

But I had the same issues with the Aromamizer as you. So I'm skeptical.

The Mage would be good to try but I vape through 3mls in about 10-15 mins. So that would be a major downer.
Never had an issue with wicking or leaks with the Boreas. Just have long tails for a bed of cotton. Then when you fill follow the instructions in the package.

Great all around tank for me. That and the Modfather, both awesome Tanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Herakles RTA-2.

Almost identical to the Griffin 25 except for the wicking. The Herakles is far more forgiving on wicking and you can stuff a lot more wick into it without causing any problems. This is especially good if you like to use large internal diameter coils.

I have both the Griffin 25 and Herakles RTA-2. I don't use my Griffin 25 at all anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread