Recommendations for a dual battery squonk mod? (Leaning towards RAGE right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hhhhhmmmmm.... a dna250c board is $80 new iirc. So this means you get the mod for $115+ labor. That starts to roll into the ballpark for me..
If you read the thread quite a few guys did the conversion & they have posted pictures of it & the internals of the mod too.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
All of my regulated squonk mods are single 20700 or 21700 battery mods. So no help there. But I do really enjoy my mech DripTech DT-DS's that use dual parallel 18650 batts. 528 Custom dropped the ball on them, so the originals were a flash in the pan that was here today and gone tomorrow.

Defiant Designs carried on with them at the original retail price ($125).... and they have been cloned for about 1/5th of the retail cost of the originals. I have no idea about their quality though.

View attachment 770833
Quality of the clones can be very hit and miss. Some buttons were melting and breaking quickly, some would auto fire, and contact quality was very bad on one of them I believe. Then there are others that people said worked just as well as the original. You really need to be careful and do your research well when buying a clone of that mod.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Quality of the clones can be very hit and miss. Some buttons were melting and breaking quickly, some would auto fire, and contact quality was very bad on one of them I believe. Then there are others that people said worked just as well as the original. You really need to be careful and do your research well when buying a clone of that mod.

Even on the originals the fire button can be finicky if it is not kept very tightly mounted. They will work loose otherwise. Mine are kept so tight it almost feels like I will strip the screws getting them there.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
i have ori and first version clone (thought i can use those part, end is totally different in size and design (internal)), btw Ori does miss firing, auto firing and all sort issue like clone (not sure they copy clone or clone copy this faulty design). :)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
i have ori and first version clone (thought i can use those part, end is totally different in size and design (internal)), btw Ori does miss firing, auto firing and all sort issue like clone (not sure they copy clone or clone copy this faulty design). :)

That's disappointing to hear. From what I can tell, the original came first, and it doesn't surprise me that the cloners just blindly produced them without making anything better.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
Dont forget the Ijoy Capo 216.... I had a basium and sold it..was too square for me... I kept the capo 216 and put a silicon luxotic bottle in it..straight swap... great as a beater mod the 216 and cheap nowadays too.. its quite overpowered so I always use 10w less than other mods to get the same vape...

Also forgot to say that the capo 216 takes dual 20700s too....

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Dont forget the Ijoy Capo 216.... I had a basium and sold it..was too square for me... I kept the capo 216 and put a silicon luxotic bottle in it..straight swap... great as a beater mod the 216 and cheap nowadays too.. its quite overpowered so I always use 10w less than other mods to get the same vape...

Also forgot to say that the capo 216 takes dual 20700s too....
There's the Gbox 200 from geekvape aswell, but i hate it lolz, bottles are hard plastic and impossible to use in the winter for me, plus i've had too many issues trying to fill the darn thing.

The Ijoy one looks better specially since it takes 20700 imo.

• Useful

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
There's the Gbox 200 from geekvape aswell, but i hate it lolz, bottles are hard plastic and impossible to use in the winter for me, plus i've had too many issues trying to fill the darn thing.

what issue u have with gbox ? i still have one unit brand new laying down there and do nothing, thinking of trying it out.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
what issue u have with gbox ? i still have one unit brand new laying down there and do nothing, thinking of trying it out.
Mostly the bottle which i've found too hard in my experience to fill (not everytime but alot of them since the opening is so small there's a tendency to have a "juice bubble" which prevents me from filling it up)
Otherwise the fact there's a black filter over the screen is kind of a dumb design choice but i got over that one quickly.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

I didn't care for the Gbox bottle as well. Swapped it out for a Luxotic silicone bottle. Direct replacement with no modifications to the feed tube. Much nicer than the stock plastic one.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I didn't care for the Gbox bottle as well. Swapped it out for a Luxotic silicone bottle. Direct replacement with no modifications to the feed tube. Much nicer than the stock plastic one.
Good to know.I've been debating getting a Gbox,but i wasn't aware the luxotic bottles fit it too.I did the luxotic bottle swap in my Pico squeeze and love it,that bottle is 100 times better than those hard plastic things haha.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
The Pico squeeze 2 has an off set hole, making it proprietary. Unless you can find something that you can fit the metal caps from the original bottle onto, the original is the only option you have.
I just try gbox bottle in sq2 it work, differentiate is not metal piece but lenght, look like gbox bottle is 1 to 1.5mm longer ...

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_195543.jpg
    IMG_20181007_195543.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20181007_195603.jpg
    IMG_20181007_195603.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
does it work with pico sq 2 ? thanks
I don't have a squeeze 2 so can't say for sure.Since you already compared the squeeze 2 bottle to the gbox bottle,if you want,i can get a measurement of the luxotic bottle here shortly to see if it's the same height that you need.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Are you asking if the Luxotic bottle will work in the Squeeze 2?

If so, I just gave it a quick fitting. It is slightly shorter (just a tad) than the Squeeze 2 bottle. But it looks like the bottom will stay down below the bottle cover enough to stay in.

Until you put the cover on, the bottle wants to angle out since the hole on the Luxotic bottle isn't off center like the Squeeze 2 one.

I do think it will work though. Now I tried the silicone Luxotic bottle. I realize the original ones are probably exactly the same size, but might be a slightly more difficult fit since they are stiffer.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I was looking at the ohmboyoc/desire RAGE 155w TC mod, and so far that seems like it would fit my needs best. However, I am unfamiliar with what is available regarding dual battery squonk mods, and I didn't find much when I looked.

As I said, so far I'm leaning towards the RAGE. Any other suggestions for squonk mods that have dual batteries? Single cell mods are absolutely out of the question for me. No exceptions.

Since my Original Drone is still working like new....I'm just waiting for the release of the new Drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread