Recommendations for a good regulated mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Hello guys! So I've posted here many times about my Tesla Two unregulated mod, and everyone seemed extremely skeptical about the batteries and the safety with using them! So my question in this post, what are some good trustable regulated sub mods that could fire a really low resistance safely? I'm looking into buying a new mod, regulated that will work great for my uwell Crown! 0.25 sub ohm setup in mind. Thanks guys! I will continue to do my homework on this, but give me any suggestions! Preferably not a huge expense.

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Price point wise, the RX200 by Wismec/Joyetech are solid for the price, around 50ish USD if you find the right vendor, though you'll need 6x batteries ($6ish each) 3 to run, 3 to charge, the LG HG2 shines in this mod. Next would be Kanger's KBox200watt is a solid little device, though it's battery cut off is 3.55v per battery so seems like it discharges quickly $60ish, next I'd suggest the Sigelei Fuchai 200watt or Snowwolf 200watt. Laisimos are nice mods, I'd go with the V1 personally due to the display screen is just beautiful as the SMY60watt is. Wanting a good reliable tank of a mod, see if you can find a Sigelei 150watt, not the 150watt TC or IPV3, IPV3Li, IPV3LiVR, two of the most rugged built mods to date IMO. Without knowing your price point and what wattage you want to run, I'm just shooting blindly over the bow.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Price point wise, the RX200 by Wismec/Joyetech are solid for the price, around 50ish USD if you find the right vendor, though you'll need 6x batteries ($6ish each) 3 to run, 3 to charge, the LG HG2 shines in this mod. Next would be Kanger's KBox200watt is a solid little device, though it's battery cut off is 3.55v per battery so seems like it discharges quickly $60ish, next I'd suggest the Sigelei Fuchai 200watt or Snowwolf 200watt. Laisimos are nice mods, I'd go with the V1 personally due to the display screen is just beautiful as the SMY60watt is. Wanting a good reliable tank of a mod, see if you can find a Sigelei 150watt, not the 150watt TC or IPV3, IPV3Li, IPV3LiVR, two of the most rugged built mods to date IMO. Without knowing your price point and what wattage you want to run, I'm just shooting blindly over the bow.

All very good answers! The price range there is about right for what I had in mind! I would probably not wanna go with a mech mod, something more noob friendly. I got this unregulated mod on impulse before knowing the ropes of it, did my research since then. I'd say a good regulated mod, not a mech, that can produce good vapor with my crown. I've been skeptical on using a .25 coil with my tesla two. It SAYS it can handle it, but i'm unsure.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Though it says it is unregulated, it is technically in between. Maxes out at 100watts and is regulated at that, no more so it is auto-regulated to an extent. Not a bad mod TBH, just a glorified Ego basically, the circuitry will fry before the batteries, so it does has protections installed, I'd trust it over any 75watt single battery regulated TBH as it has multiple battery cells in its pack to distribute the current load. In your position I'd personally be choices of the RX200, Sig150, or IPV3 as my top 3 followed by the Laisimo, Snowwolf, Fuchai, then the Kbox200 or Kbox120. Double battery 150plus watts I'd run Sony VTC4's, 120ish to 150 VTC4s or Samsung 25Rs, 100watts and below any LG, Sony, or the 25Rs on the market. The RX200 being triple series, any 20amp battery works.

Reactions: H4X0R

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Though it says it is unregulated, it is technically in between. Maxes out at 100watts and is regulated at that, no more so it is auto-regulated to an extent. Not a bad mod TBH, just a glorified Ego basically, the circuitry will fry before the batteries, so it does has protections installed, I'd trust it over any 75watt single battery regulated TBH as it has multiple battery cells in its pack to distribute the current load. In your position I'd personally be choices of the RX200, Sig150, or IPV3 as my top 3 followed by the Laisimo, Snowwolf, Fuchai, then the Kbox200 or Kbox120. Double battery 150plus watts I'd run Sony VTC4's, 120ish to 150 VTC4s or Samsung 25Rs, 100watts and below any LG, Sony, or the 25Rs on the market. The RX200 being triple series, any 20amp battery works.

Thanks for the input! I'll go read on all of these devices. Quick question though, others on this forum were skeptical about the tesla two because it more than likely has 2 Li Po batteries. They are supposedly 19500s, which is strange. It says it can go as low as 0.1 ohms, but others warned me about not going super low with it, would you personally trust this mod with say, a .25 ohm coil? Did the math and that would be pushing about 70 ish watts at full charge. I'm just unsure because I like my face and intend to keep it intact LOL

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'd run it like I would a mech, don't red line the battery all the time, the battery is like a racing engine, red line it at 200mph all the time, eventually it will blow. 0.25ohms are the lowest I run on a mech due to the batteries, to ratings determine CDR of a battery, C rating and Mah, either figure decreases, CDR decreases. Most of the time it is the Mah that decreases over time, using a battery gently, 1.5ohms or higher, low amp pull, the battery could last a year, push it to its CDR all the time, the battery can last a month to 3months due it being cooked and killing its Mah capacity, so I run between 50% to 75% total CDR with my builds, 6months down the road a 20amp battery could only be a 10amp battery by then. 70watts from 100watts, you are only running it at 70%, so safe yes, but fully safe in case of an "UHOH" short out. I have yet to hear anyone vent a Tesla 2, not to say it hasn't happened, out here in the Sun and Sand and Concrete Jungle of Phoenix the clouding scene is pretty big with a lot of youngsters getting themselves into trouble pushing the limits, about as big a scene as LA, but no incidents with the Tesla 2 reported, so from my observations a pretty stable battery pack in it.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
I'd run it like I would a mech, don't red line the battery all the time, the battery is like a racing engine, red line it at 200mph all the time, eventually it will blow. 0.25ohms are the lowest I run on a mech due to the batteries, to ratings determine CDR of a battery, C rating and Mah, either figure decreases, CDR decreases. Most of the time it is the Mah that decreases over time, using a battery gently, 1.5ohms or higher, low amp pull, the battery could last a year, push it to its CDR all the time, the battery can last a month to 3months due it being cooked and killing its Mah capacity, so I run between 50% to 75% total CDR with my builds, 6months down the road a 20amp battery could only be a 10amp battery by then. 70watts from 100watts, you are only running it at 70%, so safe yes, but fully safe in case of an "UHOH" short out. I have yet to hear anyone vent a Tesla 2, not to say it hasn't happened, out here in the Sun and Sand and Concrete Jungle of Phoenix the clouding scene is pretty big with a lot of youngsters getting themselves into trouble pushing the limits, about as big a scene as LA, but no incidents with the Tesla 2 reported, so from my observations a pretty stable battery pack in it.

Cool! I'm a noob with a lot of the advanced stuff when it comes to vaping, I've been running a .5 ohm coil in this tesla, and have thought about stepping down the resistance to .25. Would you recommend it or should I stay with the .5 i'm currently using? What are the red flags to watch out for? This mod seems to get just a tad warm with the .25, is that normal? It's not by any means hot, just a little warm with .25.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
RX200's are $40. Eleaf Picos are $30, (just the mod), or $40 for the kit which comes with a great little tank and a couple coils. Both will fire down to 0.1 ohm in power mode or 0.05 ohm in TC mode, which supports Ni, Ti, SS, and 3 TCR pre-sets. They each have every feature you could possibly want, (and upgradeable firmware), without any of the useless ones like a puff counter. If you want battery life and power >75W, go with the RX200. If you want everything but those two things, (plus Bypass mode), and like small, "pocket" mods, go with the Pico. I have both, (RX200 for home, Pico for everywhere else), and am well pleased with em.

Imo, these two devices are some of the very best on the market at that price point. Hell, they're better than most mods that cost ~twice as much. Joyetech is on a roll.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
There are a lot of new mods out that will fire down to .1 ohms in Power mode. Lower than that in TC. I have the Smok R200 and the Cuboid as well as the Reuleaux RX 200. All are great devices and will fire most anything including Stainless Steel wire in either Power or TC. The 510 pin on the Reuleax is a bit shallow. It fits most of my tanks and RDAs just fine, but I had to order some RDA Heat sinks for my Tugboat and Freakshow. The Cuboid and the Smok R200 are great little pocket friendly devices for higher wattage low ohm coils. I currently am running a .14 build on the Smok R200. The Pico is another pocket friendly device but I was only able to get 2 1/2 hours on a .3 ohm coil at 50 watts. It's okay if you need a little stealth mod for a short period of time, but not so much for all day vaping or chain vaping. The lowest resistance on the IPVs in power/wattage mode is .15 I get too close to this on my builds and my Pre-built coils and wanted a little more leeway so I didn't even consider buying one.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
...The Pico is another pocket friendly device but I was only able to get 2 1/2 hours on a .3 ohm coil at 50 watts. It's okay if you need a little stealth mod for a short period of time, but not so much for all day vaping or chain vaping...

You're demanding 50W from a single 18650 batt. Of course, you'll only get ~2.5 hrs at that power. It's a limitation of the cell used, not the Pico's fault. I suggest that you carry a 2 cell case with charged spares, or vape at a lower power setting with a higher resistance. 1 Sony VTC5 lasts me most of a day in the Pico at 0.9 ohm and 28W, and I chain vape often. A 3000 mah batt like a HG2 or 30Q would last even longer.

If you haven't tried the Vaporesso Ccell coils in the Melo 3 Mini tank yet, I highly recommend em, (kanthal ones, not nickel), especially for this specific purpose. They provide plenty of dense, flavorful vapor without the need for that much power, and they've got a long lifespan, so you're unlikely to ever need to change a coil away from home.

Anyway, I'm unaware of another regulated mod on the market that can provide what the Pico can, at such a small size, (and low price).

Ymmv.

Lucas Rong

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Eleaf 100TC, upgradable to 120w great quality mod for the price. Also all the sigeleis I have had are tanks!! They last for so long and super reliable. Never gave me a single problem, still use them every now and then even though i mainly carry a mech mod. The only downside of sigelei mods is that they are kinda bulky. But if you get one, i guarantee you they will outlast any other mods you have or will have ;)

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
If you don't mind single battery, the evic VTC mini offers a minimum resistance of 0.1, it has bypass mode which gives you the feel of a mechanical but the safety of circuit protection, with upgraded firmware it will produce 75 watts in wattage mode but in bypass mode with a fresh battery you can go beyond that.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Thanks for all of your answers guys! Much appreciated! Any suggestions of mods that have fixed batteries inside? I'm not experienced with different battery types and which I would use in a mechanical ish mod. Something like the tesla two I have that's just a rechargeable pack! Thanks again!

There is also the Kanger Kbox70watt but the way you are running now is that would redline the Kbox. You could try looking at a DNA200 /w a Lipo battery pack, but they are "Pricey"

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Anyone know of a box mod , Yihi 350 chip and two batteries in parallel. Yes parallel.

None that I can recall. If I remember right you are over in the Scottsdale, Tempe direction from me?? You might have to custom build one, if you have the time try contacting Frank from "Frankenbox" at RedVapor or try contacting Igor on FB/Twitter/#Vaping in Phoenix/#Phoenix Vapers/#AZ Vapelife, you might have to buy parts and such to make the mod, either do good work, and highly suggest talking to Igor first as his work is clean and much safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread