Recommended battery vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon1

Jan 7, 2019
What if I'm using Panasonic NCR18650B protected batteries in the case ?

2PCS-LOT-New-Protected-Original-Panasonic-18650-NCR18650B-3-7V-3400mAh-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Batteries.jpg

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
What if I'm using Panasonic NCR18650B protected batteries in the case ?

2PCS-LOT-New-Protected-Original-Panasonic-18650-NCR18650B-3-7V-3400mAh-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Batteries.jpg

You just raise the safety, that the batteries would not go into deep discharge, but it does not change the fact, that the battery pack it self drifts very fast.
...and using 6 batteries with protection circuit instead of a real 2S3P with one central protection circuit - why?

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
Can you explain what magical thing this " central protection circuit" is doing ?
I'm a newbie to this, that's why I'm asking.

The protection circuit (in small batteries) and BMS = battery management system (in big batteries) does not only protect against over-current, over-voltage and over-discharge-current, but also balance the cells inside the battery pack. Balancing means, after the charging process, the cells that have more voltage will be "balanced" so all cells have the same Voltage.
When you sue a battery pack with one central PCB (or BMS), this process would be done central. When you use so-called "standing alone" batteries, each one with his own PCM it would not work at all...
I don´t say that the battery is not safe, I just say, that the performance will be poorer

Reactions: Jon1

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
I found this one:
ENERpower Teltow Li-ion Battery 7.2V-7.4V 13800mAh with LED lamp + Roswheel Bag – ENERprof
...and this one:
ENERpower Potsdam battery 7.2V-7.4V Li-Ion 16000 mAh LED lamp + Roswheel bag + charger 2S – ENERprof
It is Enercig 21700 with 4000 mAh...It is their own brand. I bought from them for a Magicshine flashlight I have a 2S3P with the NCR20700B (12750 mAh). A really powerful one...and they assembled their batteries now with a coiled cable, which is ver interesting for bike riders...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Though you wouldn't think it, the price of RAM is highly volatile just the same as other commodities like crude oil and pork bellies.

Correct. It’s a bidding war. There are only 3 manufactures for DRAM semiconductors, Micron, Hynix and Samsung (Samsung being the largest). All other companies, Corsair, Kingston, GSkill etc, bid on the chips they produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread