The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Recycle?

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by Lilavati, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lilavati

Lilavati Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    I think I read somewhere that SS cartos are recyclable. Where would I take/send them to be recycled?

2. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    Sorry I misread as battery!

Great question! I have not had to depart with a dead one yet, but I know the day will come.

Susie, what did you say y'alls home address is?!!!

3. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Send me your checks, your money orders...send me your nice green cash....but please, do not send me your used cartos....I lift my lamp beside the golden door! :facepalm: :ohmy:

Seriously, you can recycle your cartos in your community recycle bins!

4. player30

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    Sorry Susie, I misread the question, and thought it was a battery question. I thought Steve might have a suggestion on dead battery recycling.

No more "cute" answers for me today!

5. player30

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    You can recycle them in your regular recycle.

6. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    lol, player, I thought that was your response AFTER you edited it! Either way, it's all good :)

7. HyOnLyph

HyOnLyph Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    If you are only using them once, you can send them to me. :)
    I'll PIF them.

8. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    you keep an empty aluminum can on your desk.....just drop your used up cartos in the can.....they are made of aluminum.....any other substance in them will burn off in the smelting process....

9. Lilavati

Lilavati Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    Thanks, that was my next question!

By the way, they are so beautifully made and have so much metal in them . . . I'm very glad there's an option other than throwing them away when they die.

10. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    Lilavati......that is a beautiful dog! Stick around......now that I have my new computer up and running my next project is the pet contest. :)

11. Lilavati

Lilavati Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    Thanks!

Her name is Sarama, and she knows she's beautiful, too :laugh:

12. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    you know....I was just thinking about this......and well.....I'm not really sure how sanitary that would be? Especially if someone like me sends them to you.......you know....someone who sits here all day typing and what not so your vaping hands free......which.....no delicate way to put this......means you tend to end up with saliva inside the cartos......hence the term...."drooling idiot".....LOL!

13. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    LOL Ya know, I was thinking the same thing. And while I'd be sure to boil them etc, it probably wouldn't be a good idea. I get kind of enthusiastic about SmokeStik cartos and I hear about people out there complaining about life expectancy and burning and all the other stuff. And keep telling em to try the SS.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you guys use a lower resistance carto and yet somehow keep them from burning. It's the magic of SmokeStik.

I think I'll reconsider PIFing used ones. :)

14. Lilavati

Lilavati Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    I'd say boiling and soaking in alcohol would kill most of the "bad things", if not all. But its sorta gross now that I think of it.

15. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Yeah, I'm not gonna do it. Calmer (and more sanitary) minds have prevailed. :)

is there such a thing as a sanitary mind?????

16. player30

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    I don't drool, but my husband does(it's always sticking out of the corner of his mouth). I won't even use his. They get trashed!

17. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    It isnt lower resistance......it's higher more consistant voltage from the batteries. And a realistic cutoff time. You set your cutoff at 10-13 seconds....anything is going to burn. I have said it many times before....if you want to Holy Grail of cartomizers......learn how to use an atomizer.

tweet tweet........and if we lowered the resistance.....then you would burn through juice much faster......and we would get nothing but complaints about the cartos not lasting.......it's all a big cosmic co-mingling of factors......you can't seperate out one thing and think it will improve performance.....it all has to mesh.

but what the hell do I know? I'm just the chick that answers the phone............

18. sooperdrave

sooperdrave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    that is exactly what i was thinking..... :)

19. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    didn't I already tell you not to think? I have special powers you know.......

20. sooperdrave

sooperdrave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    lol. ill try not to from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.