Recycling Reusing Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeSoul74

Oct 5, 2021
I see on YouTube all these people recycling their coils, you know rinse & soak coils in 100% alcohol for 24 hours and Bob’s your uncle.

What are peoples experiences that have done this with coils. Does it really work?

To me it seems that once a coil is used and burnt, then it can’t be used again. But what do I know? Stacks of YouTube people swear by it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I see on YouTube all these people recycling their coils, you know rinse & soak coils in 100% alcohol for 24 hours and Bob’s your uncle.

What are peoples experiences that have done this with coils. Does it really work?

To me it seems that once a coil is used and burnt, then it can’t be used again. But what do I know? Stacks of YouTube people swear by it.

Hi Chris. Welcome to the ECF.

A Non-ReWickable Coil Head that is Burnt is Toast. And just about Nothing is going to Bring it Back.

But if one stops using a Coil Head at the 1st signs of Flavor Drop-Off, or just a Hint of a Burnt Taste, some resurrection is possible.

You Won't be able to make a Coil Head exactly as when it is New. And it Isn't going to last as Long as a New one. But you can eek a few more ml's out of it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Before roughly 2015 or 2016, coil wicks were not cotton, they were silica. They could be cleaned and dry burned and then reused. Keep the date of the video in mind when you see videos about reusing coil heads. They are mostly older videos.

Today, coil heads use cotton wicks, which cannot be dry burned. For some of these coil heads you can pull out the wick and coil and then replace with new wick and coil, but it isn't easy for most and some of them are impossible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread