The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Red Oak Wisconsin frost

Discussion in 'All About Johnson Creek Juice' started by bettyboop, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bettyboop

bettyboop Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2008
    Somerset,Pa
    Hello Everyone..

I received the Wisconsin Frost today..

My first impressions are:

It has the tobacco undertone with a menthol tasting flavor, and it doesn't taste like the mint flavor juices ( and that is a good thing)
    The vapor production is better due to the VG.
    The throat the same as RPG nice and mild , but it is there

The lack of throat hit could be due to my 801. I really like it and could use it all day, it's very clean tasting

2. SpiritAir

SpiritAir Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2010
    Louisiana
    i have some of the frost and i love it. it seems to have a chocolate tone to it also. good taste of my 510. just have to refill it often...love it.

3. Tracey1

Tracey1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    Hi. I have the Red Oak sampler. Got it yesterday (as I told you already Betty).
    I still haven't opened it yet because I am enjoying the original so much. :) I will probably open it up tomorrow and I will be sure to try the Frost first. I'm still on cloud 9 here. Just so happy to have discovered this incredible, amazing, totally awesome company.
    :):wub::wub::):wub::)

4. bettyboop

bettyboop Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2008
    Somerset,Pa

The original and frost is really good together..:D

5. GregH

GregH Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    I just opened my bottle of Wisconsin Frost and loaded up an 808 cartomizer. I really like it. I agree with bettyboop; it has a definite menthol flavor rather than mint. And I also agree that's a good thing. Other suppliers' menthols that I have tried were too close to a medicinal menthol flavor (think Halls cough drops or Vicks menthol rub). This is a very light, refreshing menthol flavor with just a hint of a minty aftertaste. It also gives a pretty good throat hit. It's not nearly as powerful as the Valencia (but what is?).

I could really see this being an all-day vape. Which, of course, poses a problem because I already love the RO Tennessee Cured and Domestic blends too much. Now I'll have a hard time deciding which flavors to both stock up on and to carry around with me. Thanks a lot, Johnson Creek! You have now made my life more complicated! ;)

6. MissVapor

MissVapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2009
    Vapin Hot Florida
    I ordered the WFrost, Valencia and Island flavors last night..Should get them by Mon or Tuesday..I like strong flavors so I think I will like the Valencia.

7. GregH

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    I think I have to correct my previous post. I've been using the Wisconsin Frost most of the day and have decided that the taste is actually more minty than menthol. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's quite a complex liquid.

8. Tracey1

Tracey1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    Hi Greg,
    Being able to mix the flavors without them fighting over each other is another reason why I love JC. I add W. Frost and/or Arctic Menthol to my Original and TC when I want something a little different. I love that you can change up the flavors in an instant without having to change out or clean the cart or carto.

9. GregH

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    Thanks, Tracey. I was actually thinking that the WF would do well with Original and TC, and I might try that tomorrow.

That might work for the Valencia too.

10. pm2006

pm2006 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    What is Valencia?

11. GregH

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    It's JC's orange/spice juice, part of their Red Oak line. I really like it, but it packs quite a punch.

12. pm2006

pm2006 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Weel I just tried it, not sure. What is Island something? Is there one that starts with an M? I have sample bottles and I can't read them. What do these two taste like?

13. MissVapor

Apr 25, 2009
    Vapin Hot Florida
    The Island one is suppose to taste like a pina colada and there is "Mercado" which I love, which tastes like cinnamon/clove.. Well, assuming you are talking about the VG line..

14. GregH

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    I'm avoiding the Mercado one because just the very thought of cloves makes me ill.

But I did just order a JC trio of Wisconsin Frost. I've been using it 2 days and have found that the more I use it, the more I love it. And it's a good thing I ordered too. Because as I was refilling my carto, I knocked my bottle over and spilled a little less than half of what was left on the kitchen counter. :(

15. MissVapor

Apr 25, 2009
    Vapin Hot Florida
    Doh! that's what sucks about glass dropper bottles...one tip and its gone! I try to avoid the plastic bottles at all costs b/c I hate the thought of the plastic leaking into my juice and vaping it..

16. HighHeeledGoddess

HighHeeledGoddess Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
    How does WI Frost stack up against Arctic Menthol? I am dedicated to Arctic, but I am wondering if I need to switch to a VG formula. I like Tennessee cured, but am not sure I'd make it an all day everyday vape. Does anyone know how much alike they taste? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.