refill NJOY

Status
Not open for further replies.

azlady

Apr 30, 2009
Can you refill the njoy carts? I know from reading the forums that many of you refill carts, but I asked the people at njoy and they said they didn't reccommend it. If you can, what is the best juice. I am using the high carts from Njoy and used mostly the tabacco ones, but loved the strawberry as well. I am going to have to do something quick because their shipments have been stopped at the docks - Damn.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Which Njoy product you have? If you have Npro, then you can just pop out the liquid cartridge using a paper clip through the little hole in your mouth piece, and drip few drops of e-liquid to the cartrige filler, then re-insert the cartrige into your mouth piece.

The best juice is very subjective - and to be honest, I haven't really read really "horrible" juice reviews in most cases.

Njoy doesn't recommend it because it halts their sales of their overpriced cartriges. If you want, you can even buy those cartriges much cheaper from elsewhere, and chances are, they'd be as good as Njoy ones, if not better.

Npro cartriges are rn4081 cartriges - out of my head, I can just tell you that Totally Wicked and Pure Smoker sells the cartriges. You can get liquid from pretty much any vendors in supplier sections down there.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Can you refill the NJoy carts? I know from reading the forums that many of you refill carts, but I asked the people at NJoy and they said they didn't reccommend it. If you can, what is the best juice. I am using the high carts from Njoy and used mostly the tabacco ones, but loved the strawberry as well. I am going to have to do something quick because their shipments have been stopped at the docks - Damn.

NJOY doesn't recommend refilling carts because they don't sell liquid. That means their cart sales go down.

The e-juice will cut your costs dramatically. I sometimes use the same cart for a month. When I replace carts, I wash the old one and put it away. Actually, the only reason I change carts is to use up the factory juice before it goes bad.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
I top off my NPRO carts all the time. I don't pop the core out; I just aim very, very carefully, then stab the filler a few times with a toothpick to disperse the liquid. Works for me. :)

Treece

I have a tiny screwdriver in my kit. (From an eyeglass repair kit, 99 cents from your local drug store or dollar store)
1) I pull off that little cap on the mouthpiece end. Makes puffing easier.
2) I use the screwdriver to push the inside up. Then I drop the liquid in. If I miss, I just remove the insert, and wipe it down with a tissue. Then twist the tissue, and clean the excess juice from the cart body.
3) every so often, remove the inside, remove the fiber, and wash it under warm water. Dry with a paper towel and start all over again.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Or better yet, just take empty mouth piece with no filler/cartrige, and just drip a couple drops directly to your atomizer (to that metal wick) and vape. It produces better vapor and better throat hit. No need worry for leaking cartrige, and you can control how much nic you take. (I personally follow 2 drops of 18mg nic liquid = 1 analog theory). All you need is a small dropper bottle. I am re-using Pure Smoker's sampler bottles as my portable e-juice carrier... so far it's working out excellent.

Only thing is to be careful not to flood your battery and atomizer. However, npro/rn4081's metal wick is rather exposed - so it's really easy to drip, compared to other models (like 901 and 801).

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Or better yet, just take empty mouth piece with no filler/cartrige, and just drip a couple drops directly to your atomizer (to that metal wick) and vape. It produces better vapor and better throat hit. No need worry for leaking cartrige, and you can control how much nic you take. (I personally follow 2 drops of 18mg nic liquid = 1 analog theory). All you need is a small dropper bottle. I am re-using Pure Smoker's sampler bottles as my portable e-juice carrier... so far it's working out excellent.

Only thing is to be careful not to flood your battery and atomizer. However, npro/rn4081's metal wick is rather exposed - so it's really easy to drip, compared to other models (like 901 and 801).

I don't believe in dripping on the atomizer, but that my personal choice. People flood their batteries, and a lot complain about atomizers lasting only hours or days.

I get good vapor, and hit just filling my carts, and my attys are lasting for months. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm sticking with it.

DuneBuggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
Near the Outer Banks of NC
I learned one neat trick here for reinserting the core after paperclip removal from cart and filling. Get a fat straw like Mcdonalds has.It fits the little core like it was made for it and allows you to set it back in.theres two slats down in the cart that holds the core in the proper?? place.
I cut a straw into quarters since you dont need a 8 inch straw to do the job!

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
I learned one neat trick here for reinserting the core after paperclip removal from cart and filling. Get a fat straw like Mcdonalds has.It fits the little core like it was made for it and allows you to set it back in.theres two slats down in the cart that holds the core in the proper?? place.
I cut a straw into quarters since you dont need a 8 inch straw to do the job!

I just put my core on the atty and press the cover on. The straw is a great idea though. Maybe you can start selling them for a buck apiece.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
well. in that case, buy any e-juice and drip into the cartridge foam. add a few drops, wait til it settles down. once you've reached the maximum, it will start overflow, and overflowing is not good for atomizer. I usually just dab paper towel, and all good to go.

You can refill with syringe, but I just don't like using syringe - perhaps all the heroine related movies I've seen in recent years. ;)

One of the above "sticky" threads - the comprehensive intro thread has a nice youtube video on first page. Look for Kate's post, regarding "topping off" your cartridge.

DuneBuggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
Near the Outer Banks of NC
Yeah..You need to buy juice.You will be amazed how much cheaper it will be to vape.Plus your missing out on alot of great flavors!

Mine is the NCig not the NPro. It sounds like most of you are refilling the NPro. I love my NCig, but I am going through carts like mad. Some of the carts from NJoy seem to be almost dry when they are opened.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Anyhow, it's been only 3 weeks that I've been vaping (yay, 3 weeks of no analogs!) - but I've been dripping only with 4081 (npro) for quite a while - and both of my atomizers are doing grrrrr-eat. :) I only clean it once a week or so.

4081 with USB pass through is a match made in heaven, especially when dripping. I could be wrong, but vapor production compared to reg batt + reg cart. is almost doubled. Plus shallow location for the wick is just so easy to drip and vape, almost like it's begging for some drip love. :)

Treece

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
4081 with USB pass through is a match made in heaven, especially when dripping. I could be wrong, but vapor production compared to reg batt + reg cart. is almost doubled.

This has been my experience, too. I can't believe the difference. And with the Kensington battery pack, it's all mobile. I'll definitely be getting a couple more passthroughs!

Treece

tropic420

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
the foam that was in my npro cartridge was all jacked up so i read in another forum about using a tea bag they said it was a Lipton something but i used a regular tea bag cut off the top, emptied it and rolled it up put it in the cartridge cut it too length and put it back in the mouth piece after filling it with TV true menthol. Its making nice vapor and everything seems to be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread