Refill, washing and blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabbo

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Illinois
Ok, So I have a question for all you long timers.

I started out with just using carts, then decided to start refilling carts and buying juices, then kind of got into washing carts.

After all my experiments, I have decided to stop washing carts due to the time and mistakes I have had with wrecking the carts washing them and the drying time and accidentally mixing flavors.

So I am just going to stick with buying the juice and refilling with the same flavors.

So my question is, i know that i get about 4 refills out of my prefilled carts normally, before the performance and taste is noticible, but i then thought what about the blanks.

How many fills do you normally get out of the blanks as apposed to refilling pre filled carts, before they are trashed?

Thanks all

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
I'm not a long timer, but I have been vaping since mid-February.

I gave on the washing/boiling thing too after ruining some carts. Plus, it was too much trouble (maybe I'm just lazy!).

As far as refills, I've noticed that part of this depends on the liquid. For example, I can refill a pre-filled or blank quite a few times (six or seven at least) for some juices (usually light in color).

However, if it's anything dark (i.e., chocolate) or a lot of VG, then I typically only get about 3 to 4 refills with a premium blank cart., maybe 5 with a blank cool cart.

Mabbo

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Illinois
I just wanted to say thank you to all that posted on this for me, including those who posted some great cleaning videos (names withheld to protect the vaping) :p

I have found my new cleaning method and it works great, the gasket on the end of the turkey baster and the boiled water, really does flush them our very well. Way better than boiling alone.

I found several new homes for my WOWboy juice.

mmcall12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Indiana
I just wanted to say thank you to all that posted on this for me, including those who posted some great cleaning videos (names withheld to protect the vaping) :p

I have found my new cleaning method and it works great, the gasket on the end of the turkey baster and the boiled water, really does flush them our very well. Way better than boiling alone.

I found several new homes for my WOWboy juice.

you have a pm

jcdrgnfly

ECF Veteran
I was actually considering posting a question today about this very subject.

I only recently starting filling blanks instead of buying pre-filled. I've noticed that for me (and my fiance), we are only getting maybe 2 refills per cart max (after the first fill that is).

If I try to fill again after that it seems as if the cart won't absorb the juice anymore. It also seems like there is less vapor production and the vapor seems to get a slight 'metallic' taste, or has no taste at all. We've been very good at not letting the juice run too low so we never get to a point where we get the burnt taste anymore.

I have been condom-filling and spinning. Is the lack of absorption likely due to this? And if I don't spin, how can I still get a fair amount of juice into the cart without the process getting too complicated?

And how are some people able to get so many (like a month's worth of) uses out of a single cart? :blink:

TIA for any suggestions :)

ApacheChief

Apr 23, 2010
Texas
I was actually considering posting a question today about this very subject.....
And how are some people able to get so many (like a month's worth of) uses out of a single cart? :blink:......

I can get about 4-5 fills max out of a cart before it doesn't fill, produce vapor, or begins to have an abnormally hard draw. At that point I toss it in the "needs to be cleaned" pile. I prefer boiling them in mass, after that's done they act like brand new carts. Faster filling, more vapor/ draw ect. The cards I'm using are about 2 months old now using this method.

krazie_Kid made a thread on a way to do this, it can be found in the given link.

-----
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/99660-how-clean-cartos-video.html

------

Mabbo

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Illinois
One of the things I have noticed about cleaning and refilling, which is i beleive the most important thing.

Make sure the carto is completly dry. I can not stress that enough. If it is not, you will get weak flavor, weak vapor and even hard draws and low juice obsorbtion. I put mine in a fan area for atleast a week after washing to make sure they are completly dry.

this may be the issue with the previous poster having issue after cleaning.

jcdrgnfly

ECF Veteran
I can get about 4-5 fills max out of a cart before it doesn't fill, produce vapor, or begins to have an abnormally hard draw. At that point I toss it in the "needs to be cleaned" pile. I prefer boiling them in mass, after that's done they act like brand new carts. Faster filling, more vapor/ draw ect. The cards I'm using are about 2 months old now using this method.

krazie_Kid made a thread on a way to do this, it can be found in the given link.

-----
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/99660-how-clean-cartos-video.html

------

I haven't tried boiling or cleaning them yet - I'm just trying to get maximum use before I toss them. Maybe the cleaning is what extends the life of the cartos. I just noticed some people saying they just top off their carts without cleaning and they get several weeks or more use out of them :?:

I don't mind only getting a few fills out of the cartos before tossing. It still saves me money since we were spending $8 per day EACH for analogs :shock:

Thanks for the video link :) If I decide to start boiling (which I may try out of sheer curiosity), I'll watch it again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread