Refilling prefilled cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes you can. @F-machine has provided you with an excellent tutorial above.

The choice of your first flavoring (Mint) might be a slight problem. Stronger flavors such as Cinnamon, Menthol, or Mint tend to "carry over" or "bleed over" to the next flavors that you use next. I would never try to refill a carto that had tobacco or coffee flavors in it previously as they are pretty strong, too. What works best is replacing fruit or desert flavors with a flavor of a similar genre, which you have chosen to try next. Point is replace original flavors with similar or genre-like flavors. For example, fruits with fruits. Deserts with deserts.

Back in the day, some folks would boil and dry their old cartos in an attempt to extend the life of their cartos. I never found that very satisfying. It was always best to start out with a new fresh carto.

I would always add liquid to the point that the polyfill wick material glistened like a wet slushy drink. Not adding enough e-liquid can cause the coil to burn the polyfill, and you'll NEVER be able to remove that burnt taste no matter what you do. I describe how to add e-liquid to a carto in the fastest and most efficient way in the below blog. You can ignore the second part (cartotank part). The tooth pick trick can help you avoid getting e-liquid in the center air tube to prevent flooding.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I never found that very satisfying. It was always best to start out with a new fresh carto.

Strongly agreed. :D

BTW, I used to fill a carto with unflavored ejuice, just PG/VG, to clean it and to get rid of any lingering flavors. It was a nice vape, actually. That's how I discovered that I like unflavored or very lightly flavored eliquids.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I recommend the minitanks. You can wash them out easily, and they yield much better flavor than the cartomizers (way easier to fill, too). I was so glad when I discovered them. I was thrilled with the G6 when I got it but quickly grew to loathe the cartos. The minitanks kept me happy for months.

Reactions: stols001

Silverowl29

Jan 11, 2019
Yes you can. @F-machine has provided you with an excellent tutorial above.

The choice of your first flavoring (Mint) might be a slight problem. Stronger flavors such as Cinnamon, Menthol, or Mint tend to "carry over" or "bleed over" to the next flavors that you use next. I would never try to refill a carto that had tobacco or coffee flavors in it previously as they are pretty strong, too. What works best is fruit or desert flavors, which you have chosen to try next.

Back in the day, some folks would boil and dry their old cartos in an attempt to extend the life of their cartos. I never found that very satisfying. It was always best to start out with a new fresh carto.

I would always add liquid to the point that the polyfill wick material glistened like a wet slushy drink. Not adding enough e-liquid can cause the coil to burn the polyfill, and you'll NEVER be able to remove that burnt taste no matter what you do. I describe how to add e-liquid to a carto in the below blog. You can ignore the second part on the cartotank part.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks I have also read I can use straight PG /VG to clean it a bit by vaping that through and a tarpin method as well what do you think?

If this question is addressed to me, absolutely. That's why I suggested it above. :) Refilling your cartomizer with PG/VG and vaping it will clean the coil and the wicking material somewhat. I call it "wet burning," as opposed to dry burning, which you can't do with a cartomizer. That said, cartomizers generally don't last very long. Nature of the beast.

Taryn spin video was a little tongue in cheek--I wouldn't bother. Unless you really want to empty your cartomizer. Just be careful--you may send your cartomizer flying thorough the house--don't ask me how I know. ;)

Silverowl29

Jan 11, 2019
If this question is addressed to me, absolutely. That's why I suggested it above. :) Refilling your cartomizer with PG/VG and vaping it will clean the coil and the wicking material somewhat. I call it "wet burning," as opposed to dry burning, which you can't do with a cartomizer. That said, cartomizers generally don't last very long. Nature of the beast.

Taryn spin video was a little tongue in cheek--I wouldn't bother. Unless you really want to empty your cartomizer. Just be careful--you may send your cartomizer flying thorough the house--don't ask me how I know. ;)
Thanks

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks I have also read I can use straight PG /VG to clean it a bit by vaping that through and a tarpin method as well what do you think?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Just follow suggested recommendations and you will be fine.
Might like to visit:
Cartomizers
Responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, this action will notify the respondent of your following response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome to the ECF. :thumbs:
You can refill Halo G6 cartomizers. Fresh ones are the way forward when they turn to mush or become totally used. It's been a long time but you can probably get plenty of fills as long as the filler doesn't get burned.
You can also buy non Halo KR808 blanks for a lot cheaper if they're still on sale where you live. Halo knowingly overcharge for all their hardware (they don't make it) so if you can acquire generic 808 batteries and cartomizers you can ditch them for good. Most people upgrade soon enough from this outdated, underperforming and overpriced equipment. Try a refillable pod system like Justfog mini. Cheap to run, fairly priced and a nicer vape. That's a win, win, win.

So.. yes ... Refill as long as you can but be aware whilst Halo make nice liquid they are not very kind to customers on hardware. All their stuff comes from exactly the same factories we all use but pay 25-75% less.
Good luck.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada

If you really do mean straight PG/VG without nic you can certainly do that, but you might miss the nic. Unflavoured ejuice, which is PG/VG + nic, will wash out the coil just as well without sacrificing the nicotine.

I'd really recommend looking at some other options in the longer term. It shouldn't be hard to find something that's both more effective and less expensive. Then again, if the Halo is working for you, it's miles better than cigarettes!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Sure you can refill them, just expect that mint flavor to linger into the next few refills. For the mini tanks, they are really a Kanger T4, still available at litecigusa. $2.95 each, be sure to get the 808d not the 510.

In the old days I used to rinse my cartos out with cola and then rinse with water and let dry. Cola tends to get rid of most any flavor and cleans car batteries.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread