Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
the best way to keep them would be back in the rubber booties/condoms and keep them inside a Tupperware :)
How should they properly be stored for maximum life (like they live long anyway).. can they dry up quickly if not? Had a couple that I refilled and left overnight with the cap over the part you vape from.. but got little to no vaper.. could be one I've refilled a few times.. have cleaned them though.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
As far as I know, the PG keeps them from drying up very quickly. I've had leftover juice sitting in a condom for a week (not a total slob, just forgot it was there :) ) and it was still the way I left it. The flavor on the other hand...yeah, you might wanna do what Imagine said.

Cleaning them doesn't always get the crud off the heating coil. One way to tell is if it gets really hot after a few minutes of use, even though there isn't much vapor action - when that happens, most likely the coil is still encrusted with crud, preventing the juice from getting to it. That crud is really, really stubborn too. Once it gets that way, you'd have to decide whether you wanna keep trying to clean it, or move on to another one...

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Overnight isn't going to dry them up. I put the cap with the plug in the threaded end while I'm filling, and that's it. I don't bother putting the other one on the mouthpiece end. They sit in a little box uncovered in my desk like that and get used up during the next week or 2. Might be different if you were filling 50 of them and they were going to sit around for a month, or being carried around in your pockets, then covering the other end would keep dust/junk out.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I guess the only thing that can dry out is the water content in the liquid. The rubber caps should be enough for sealing and storing.
I don't think there is any water in there, is there? I think it's all PG/VG - even in the flavoring. But like Star said, it can get pretty grody in there with dust and all...
Probably a good idea to cap it off with the condoms too, to keep the nic from degrading and the flavoring from dissipating...

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Like, OhmyGod!
C'mon, Star - you know you're a valley girl at heart! :)

big-smiley-003.gif

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
TBH.. I'd be lucky if I let 50 last me 2 weeks.. LOL

Overnight isn't going to dry them up. I put the cap with the plug in the threaded end while I'm filling, and that's it. I don't bother putting the other one on the mouthpiece end. They sit in a little box uncovered in my desk like that and get used up during the next week or 2. Might be different if you were filling 50 of them and they were going to sit around for a month, or being carried around in your pockets, then covering the other end would keep dust/junk out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread