The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Refills get hot ?

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by corybrown40, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. corybrown40

corybrown40 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I refilled a cart and it gets pretty hot:evil: almost burnt my lip. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or know why it happens?

2. JenJen

JenJen Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Sunny Arizona
    Is it vaping properly aside from getting too hot? (A few times I have gotten fluid down the middle tube and had too puff too hard to get some vapor, causing the carto to overheat).

3. DanF

DanF Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2009
    North of Houston
    Also, make sure that the middle tube is centered in the cart. If its leaning to one side or the other, that side will get hotter.

4. corybrown40

no it vaping just fine. This is only the first one I tried refilling though. A couple of others have had the same problem as me just thought I would put the question out there to see if there is a solution to the problem.

5. corybrown40

Yep tube was all kinds of bent. Thanks I will try and fix it see if that solves it.

6. corybrown40

well straightened out the tube still gets hot:evil:. well maybe it is just this cart.

7. JenJen

Aug 27, 2009
    Sunny Arizona
    If you are power vaping pretty continuously, the cartos will get hot. At night when I am vaping a lot, I have my passthrough and a battery available and rotate them - 2 puffs or so off one, then 2 puffs or so off the other. This allows the batteries to cool off and prevents overheating. ;)

8. Philip

Philip Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2008
    UK
    Once they get that hot I find there's usually nothing you can do except to bin it.

9. Blooper

Blooper Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    Vegas
    The truth of carts is that they are meant to be thrown away after they are finished. I have had this hot cart happen and I just toss the cart.

10. corybrown40

11. Cimyss

Cimyss Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2009
    MN
    quick question. how many hits are you trying to get in off that carto before you notice the heat and in what kind of time frame?
    chain vaping like a train will definately make them heat up!

12. corybrown40

It's only like one good hit and i noticew didn't happen before or with a new cart.

13. JenJen

Aug 27, 2009
    Sunny Arizona
    Yeah, you must of gotten a bad carto. If you mention it in the comments section of your order, I am sure they will replace it. ;)

14. MeMa

MeMa Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    USA
    I have to ask, because a lot of mine do the same - get very hot. Did you vape them dry? I think that I'm vaping mine dry then I burn the cart. I can't really tell the difference yet in the taste until I get a really bad burnt taste. ahhhhh the side effects of analogs - ack!
    Does anyone know if this is what is happening here? Does a burnt cart got hotter than a regular 'unburnt' refilled cart?

15. shall

shall Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Nebraska
    Oh if you burn one you will know the taste.!!

I also have probs with refills getting hot. I read in a post where someone pops the cap and turns it upside down and fills threw the battery. I have been doing this and I seam to get more juice in it this way( never over 13 drops) but they usually don't seam to get that lip burning hot anymore. How much juice are you putting in?

I dont know if this has anything to do with anything but for me Dr Pepper refills seams to get hotter then the rest. Might be cause I hit that from the time I get home to the time I go to bed.

16. leeshor

leeshor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2009
    Norcross, GA
    Think positive. With Winter here you'll be able to use the carto as a hand warmer at the same time you're cooling it down for the next vape :D

17. shall

shall Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Nebraska
    LOL true! Actually when mine gets hot I just take it as its telling me to lay off for a while. I'm sure it just wants a 10 min breather its self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.