Refinishing a Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
I bought a blemished reo grand. It was olive drab. My tungsten carbide wedding ring destroyed the paint. I took off all the paint. Then filed down the top to make it an lp. Haven't gotten around to polishing yet. But I will one day. It's easy to strip the outside. My internals are still olive though

Sent from my Reo Grand 3.0

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks Rob...but can you refurbish one that has say, a couple of the corners worn off? Or is that something that is just to labor intensive as well?

No prob either way, just wanted to know what my options are. :)
I really dont get into refurbishing them I will rebuild your mod I do it all the time for people .

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
I bought a blemished reo grand. It was olive drab. My tungsten carbide wedding ring destroyed the paint. I took off all the paint. Then filed down the top to make it an lp. Haven't gotten around to polishing yet. But I will one day. It's easy to strip the outside. My internals are still olive though

What did you use to strip off the paint? Never thought about filing one down and making it an LP, kudos.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
As for making it a low profile. I took a flat ....... file and went to town. If you do this make sure you have a candle you can destroy. Aluminum will clog up the file and it's hard to get out. So I file a tea light candle first so the wax fills the file in. Makes it much easier to do. Also I used a caliper to make sure it was level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread