Reflections on 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
February 8 was my 1 year anniversary of no cigarettes. I mostly quit about a month before that, but would smoke a pack a week or thereabouts, so I don't count that time. Some observations:

1. At least for me, I'll repeat what I said not long after I quit: e-cigs didn't make quitting easy... they made quitting fun. I think that's the best that can be said of any quit method.

2. E-cigs started off as a hobby. I spent a lot of money trying new devices and juices. Not so much any more. I don't carry one with me when I leave the house. I have several e-cigs, but haven't used anything but the Provari in as long as I can remember, and a 180ml bottle of juice (I don't even like) has lasted me 6 months.

3. The one year anniversary isn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. In a way, I think that's a good thing. If I'd quit the regular way and was still obsessing about cigarettes, it would probably be a huge deal. But, really, I've almost entirely forgotten about them. I can't remember the last time I had even a brief crave.

Anyway, that's my story. A boring quit smoking story. Who'd have thought?

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
I like your story. I am at eight months and like you it doesn't seem like the huge deal it was when smoking. The prior year I quit for six months with nic lozenges and I never reduced the number of lozenges and never quit wanting to smoke! With my ecig it's totally different. I can't fathom picking up a cigarette instead of my PV now. So the no big deal feeling is really a very BIG deal. Congratulations on being a non-smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread