Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Well, even the dyed-in-the-wool old school atty users have been getting into rebuildables lately. So, it's gotten kinda quiet in here.

But, if anyone hears about a really good sale on high quality old-fashioned 510 atties, feel free to share. Especially Vapage 510s. I love them!

Now what sort of of dyed-in-the-wool old skooler atty user would get into rebuildables!!! :shock:

:blush: :facepalm: :blush:

Reactions: classwife

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Now what sort of of dyed-in-the-wool old skooler atty user would get into rebuildables!!! :shock:

:blush: :facepalm: :blush:
Since the FDA Deeming, almost all of them. Of course, they also have a hundred (or two or three) regular old-fashioned atties stashed too. But, ya gotta CYA!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The Vapor Room has joyetech eGo 1.5 and 2.0 ohms Mega cone Shaped Attys on sale for $.50. They come with a free drip tip and a box of 5 of the foam filled cartridges. Tried 1 of the 50 I ordered this afternoon, when my vape mail was delivered! Absolutely NO leaking whatsoever...wonderful! Work well with the drip tip and/or filled cartridge.

Also got some smok 510 dual coil cartos from them...5 or more and you get them for $.50 each, too! They're out of the 1.25 ohms, but have a bunch (hundreds) of the 1.5 and 2.0 in stainless and black...at least they did yesterday anyway when I told someone else about them.

They had 510-T attys, too, still available. Forget if SR or LR though. They're cheap, too!

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Since the FDA Deeming, almost all of them. Of course, they also have a hundred (or two or three) regular old-fashioned atties stashed too. But, ya gotta CYA!
This is the boat I'm finding myself in. After 6 1/2 years of vaping, I still use the little old fashioned 510 atties. Strictly a dripper. I tried a couple of tanks and didn't really care for them. Sadly, I have no atty stash, so I'm looking at buying hundreds or learning to rebuild.

Been researching what RDAs would be right for me (low watts, high ohms, good flavor and throat hit- no interest at all in sub-ohming). Seems like recent tech is geared mostly to sub-ohmers so I'm thinking I'll need to dig around for tried and true classics. Picked up some Kayfun Lite Plus v2 clones just to have those- maybe I didn't give tanks a real fair shake. It's been easier for me to ferret out info on good (for me) RTAs than RDAs.

Honestly, I don't know what I would do without these forums. What a treasure this place is. :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Reactions: Vandal

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
This place still has some for 99 cents, but they are down to only stainless steel now...
Joye 510 or Joye eGo electronic cigarette replacement atomizers

I just got an order of those very same 510s in LR. I have been buying them for a while. Very rare to get a bad one, and they last for months. I vape 'em til they die.

Edited to add: You get a quantity discount that makes them even less than .99 each. They come 5 to a box, so I think it applies to buying multiples of 5.

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I have a question. I've basically used the standard resistance Joye atties for years. They are what, 2.3-2.4 ohms? I purchased a few 510s from Avid of the LR 2.0 variety, and they were fine. Faced with a choice between 1.5- 1.7 ohm and 2.9 ohm atties, which might be more to my liking? I don't really want a hot vape (prefer cool-ish actually), but I want throat hit and good flavor, decent vapor (don't care about clouds).

I'd be using them on a Provari 2.5, an older VW 30 watt mod (maybe), and a Reo Grand. Vapor Kings has a choice of LR 1.5 and standard 510s and I thought I'd try some 901s, which come in either LR 1.7 and 2.9 ohms.

I've tried doing some research, and I'm just not finding information adequate for me to make a determination.

Last edited:
Reactions: cags

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I have a question. I've basically used the standard resistance Joye atties for years. They are what, 2.3-2.4 ohms? I purchased a few 510s from Avid of the LR 2.0 variety, and they were fine. Faced with a choice between 1.5- 1.7 ohm and 2.9 ohm atties, which might be more to my liking? I don't really want a hot vape (prefer cool-ish actually), but I want throat hit and good flavor, decent vapor (don't care about clouds).

I'd be using them on a Provari 2.5, an older VW 30 watt mod (maybe), and a Reo Grand. Vapor Kings has a choice of LR 1.5 and standard 510s and I thought I'd try some 901s, which come in either LR 1.7 and 2.9 ohms.

I've tried doing some research, and I'm just not finding information adequate for me to make a determination.

I also wonder about this. I've always used SR attys too. and so glad you posted, I was about to come and post something so the thread will stay open :)

Reactions: Mr.Mann

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

I prefer LR 1.5 or 1.6 but I don't like a tight draw, reminds me of sucking a milkshake through a tiny straw.

BTW, VK has a coupon for free shipping over 25.00, so thanks to all of you, I now have 26 boxes of attys coming. Geez, I remember paying like 8.00 a box years ago.

Code is: 25SHIPSFREENOW

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    The ideal would be about 2.0 for a mechanical like the REO. But, it's rare to find that nowadays.

On a Provari, it doesn't really matter. You can adjust the voltage to whatever you have.

If you have to choose between 1.5 and 2.9 on a mechanical, the 1.5 is a safer bet. The 2.9 would surely be too high.

Let us know how it goes.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I like a tight draw. I am strictly MTL and like a draw that emulates the pull on a tobacco cigarette, or even tighter. I just like a lot of resistance.

Yeah, seems 2.0 is uncommon for some reason. When I build coils, I will be shooting for around that. The lowest I have gone is 2.0, but I bought a Cisco 510 to get that, but they are a bit pricey for buying in bulk.

Alrighty, thank you all for your input. I have been informed that a 901 is advised against for Reo since it requires an adapter. That just leaves 510s and 306s. I might just stick with the standard 510s. It did seem to me that 2.9 would be on the high side. What do you think of 2.3-2.4 for mechs? I'm just worried that 1.5 will be too warm for me.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    hi, been a while since a post here and I don't want the thread to close...unless I am the only one left still using "disposable" attys :)

Nope, I'm definitely still here. They ARE the backups for my backups, and I don't leave home without some.

In fact, just a few days ago, I left home without my mod. I pulled out the cute lil USB rig I keep in my saddlebag, only to find that the .99 cent Vapor King atty I had screwed onto it, had plugged air holes. GAH!!! I said screw it and bought a pack of smokes. Haha.. just kidding. I dealt with it. A paperclip might have saved the day. Been awhile since I kept one of THOSE in my BugOut Bag...

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    LLBeauMeister, other than lack of paperclips, where ya been, kiddo?

Hi!

Hi Darling Kat! I was lost in the Wilds of America for 5 weeks. No data, seldom no phone at all. 12,500 miles of National Parks and America's Greatest Motorcycle Roads. Just me, a tent and sleeping bag, and a lot of 2 lane highways.

And now it is High Season for my Environmental business, which means ANOTHER 8 weeks, largely without phone or data, in the Wilds of Iowa and Minnesota.

How is Katdarling?!? MISSED ya.. ;)
    93yj3Et.gif

trip1.jpg

Trip2.png

trip3.jpg

I guess you could say, I was on a Bender...
    BENDER.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread