The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Releasing stuck adapters

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by Sewknitty, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sewknitty

Sewknitty Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    NY
    My Omega has been sitting on my desk for about 2 weeks sporting a stealth adapter that just didn't want to come out. While I was in Home Depot today failing to find this Noalox everybody raves about, I picked up a three-pack of pliers and a can of WD-40 (the one with the smart straw).

I used the spray feature on the WD-40 and sprayed all around the adapter, waited a minute and grabbed around the adapter with the most grippy pliers. I couldn't believe how easily it came out or that I didn't damage the Omega or the adapter. I've added pliers and that can of WD-40 to my vaping kit. I'm sure I'll be needing them again.

I don't see anybody complaining about stuck adapters (except me!) but I do hope this helps someone.
    :vapor:

2. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I used to have that happen all the time. Noalox can be found online, just google it. Ebay has it. I have a big bottle and only use a tiny drop on my threads. Makes a world of difference.

3. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    Mine get stuck,I use a piece of rubber grippy stuff and a small pair of pliers.The rubber stuff keeps anything from getting scratched.

I get Noalox at Home Depot,in the power tools area.

4. Sewknitty

Nov 12, 2010
    NY
    Yep, I was over by the power tools and nobody there had ever heard of it...wonder if it's a regional thing. I even described the tube I've seen in videos. Will have to get it from Amazon or someplace.

Gripping with pliers and something rubbery didn't work for me either time I had truly stuck adapters. It works for minor league sticking but for the times when an adapter has mated with a device for life, it just isn't the solution.

Hairball, to which threads do you apply the Noalax? Do you use them in the atty connector too?

5. webbcm127

webbcm127 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    if you cant find nalox ask the people in the power tool section for any airtool lubricant....fairly cheap and a life saver....i use it on all my conectors...just a drop or too, it last me for a long time too, just a thought, if you need or would like me to you could send me your addy and id send ya a 3ml bottle of some of my air tool lube i use, let me know PM me have a good night!-)

6. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    At my home depot the noalox is w/electrical supplies

7. Sewknitty

Nov 12, 2010
    NY
    Oh, that is so sweet! I have it in my Amazon cart so should have it soon. I really appreciate the offer. Thank you, Web.

Alright, next time I go in for those blasted halogens I'll wander around electrical supplies instead. So far I've wandered the caulking/weird stuff aisle and the power tools corral, where I nearly lost my mind over all the great vape supply storage solutions. Thanks, Dspin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.