Reliable mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnieindixie

Mar 11, 2022
Hello all
I've been vaping for over ten years.
I really like it, and it saved my life getting me off of cigarettes.
However I have a problem, which seems to be getting worse
I have had smok, Vooooo, and others.
Mods work great for a while, but invariably go bad.
Either they just quit working, or the display goes out. Needless to say, it's very frustrating.
My latest mod is a smok Luxe 2.
I love it at first. But now, after only two months, the display is black.
All I see is luxe 2 at the top.
And I can't adjust it or see my battery levels.
It works, but I'm flying blind.
Does anyone know of a mod that is actually reliable and won't just stop working or lose the display?.
I don't want to give up vaping, but being retired on a limited income, it's getting too expensive.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
.Ronnie

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Ronnieindixie

Mar 11, 2022
Thanks.
Their tanks seem to be okay. But I've been disappointed in the mods.
I had high hopes for Vooooo, but several of their mods have failed rather quickly..sigelei Is extremely bad.
So the question remains:
Is there anything on the market that I can depend on for lasting more than a couple of months?
Obviously I meant Voopoo.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I’ve had good luck with geek vape aegis (one of the old ones) asmodus (also one of the old ones) both are old because they still work, no need to replace them. I used eleaf’s years ago and got good life out of them for internal battery mods. I’m sure you’ll get more recommendations from people who have newer, more available mods.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Ronnieindixie. Welcome to the ECF.

I would Avoid anything made by Smok like that person at the store with a Bad Cough and a Running Nose.

You might look at some of the Mods that Innokin makes. They are known for making Pretty Good Stuff.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Does anyone know of a mod that is actually reliable and won't just stop working or lose the display?.

I've always gotten especially great longevity and reliability from three vaping product brands...as far as their mods, tanks, and coils. They're Eleaf, Innokin, and Geek Vape. I keep several set-ups of those 3 brands in regular use and have a good-sized "stash" of new ones for the future, too.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I'll give another shout to Eleaf. I have an iStick TC60W box mod that started giving me incorrect ohm readings so I'm using another mod for the moment before investigating further. The mod has got to be at least 6 years old..

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Blank screen is a common complaint about Smok mods, but Smok does not make the Luxe 2, Vaporesso does. Maybe you meant the Smok G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition?

Also there was a rumor going around reddit that Voopoo is a Smok brand and their QC is supposedly only minutely better than Smok, so some people say.

Regardless, it never fails that every few months someone comes here to complain that no matter what mod they buy they don't last more then a few weeks or months. It's a hard pill for me to swallow because I have mods that are 5+ years old. And they are mostly eleaf mods, which a lot of people also say are "cheap junk".

And so I will leave you with the same thing I say in just about all these types of threads: I am a firm believer that the higher wattage you vape, the more heat that is generated by the components on the board and the quicker they fail, especially on mainstream Chinese-made mods as they without a doubt use inferior components and solder. So if you are a higher wattage vaper (like, say, 60W+) you may be better off looking into the higher-end mods made with Evolv DNA boards and maybe even Yihi mod (a higher end Chinese mod/electronics manufacturer). And if high wattage vaping is not your issue, then I have to just chalk it up to bad luck with electronics. Because otherwise these threads are always a head-scratcher for me, given my own experience.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Blank screen is a common complaint about Smok mods, but Smok does not make the Luxe 2, Vaporesso does. Maybe you meant the Smok G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition?

Also there was a rumor going around reddit that Voopoo is a Smok brand and their QC is supposedly only minutely better than Smok, so some people say.

Regardless, it never fails that every few months someone comes here to complain that no matter what mod they buy they don't last more then a few weeks or months. It's a hard pill for me to swallow because I have mods that are 5+ years old. And they are mostly eleaf mods, which a lot of people also say are "cheap junk".

And so I will leave you with the same thing I say in just about all these types of threads: I am a firm believer that the higher wattage you vape, the more heat that is generated by the components on the board and the quicker they fail, especially on mainstream Chinese-made mods as they without a doubt use inferior components and solder. So if you are a higher wattage vaper (like, say, 60W+) you may be better off looking into the higher-end mods made with Evolv DNA boards and maybe even Yihi mod (a higher end Chinese mod/electronics manufacturer). And if high wattage vaping is not your issue, then I have to just chalk it up to bad luck with electronics. Because otherwise these threads are always a head-scratcher for me, given my own experience.

Not necessarily. I've been going for over 2 years on the same Vaporesso Gen even after multiple drops onto a hardwood floor and I vape at 75 watts. I've bought a dozen or so spares, but I'm still on my first one.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    I've always gotten especially great longevity and reliability from three vaping product brands...as far as their mods, tanks, and coils. They're Eleaf, Innokin, and Geek Vape. I keep several set-ups of those 3 brands in regular use and have a good-sized "stash" of new ones for the future, too.
    My two inexpensive Eleaf Pico 75 from 2017 (I think) both still work. However I haven’t used them the whole 4 or 5 years, probably half of that time they were in storage. And I remember (I think) that there was a thread once about the displays of these going out, so maybe mine will go out too.
    OP, do you use atomizers that tend to leak, or leak sometimes? If so, that’s probably not very good for the electronics…

Reactions: JCinFLA

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2012
    Portugal
    Two brands i can say that are (almost) bulletproof: Lostvape DNA-series and Voopoo Argus. I'm not "nice" to my mods and they fall, get banged up and other things and i have a Therion (75C) that must be made of some alien tech because it should have failed years ago with the abuse it takes. I know that there are some here that have the screen with spots, corners that are white etc. but mine........ Best money spend. Voopoo Argus is another mod that scratches, falls and gets abused and goes strong (yes i know it hits harder then the W you set) it will loose its paint on the corners but i love the patina look. Used to have Yihi had them fail after falling a couple of times. Ok, i understand you're on a budget, check the used market. Recently bought a "sunday mod" and it is from Lostvape: Hyperion and i just hope it will last as long as my Therion that i still use every day...... No, i don't vape high wattage but it's nice to have it.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    I don't want to give up vaping, but being retired on a limited income, it's getting too expensive.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    i did a fair amount of research about this. FWIW, the only brands of regulated mods about which i found no reliability or longevity complaints are Innokin, Vapefly/German 103, Dovpo, and OXVA.

Some caveats, though:
    OXVA is a relatively new manufacturer so their track record is short.
    A lot of Dovpo's mods are expensive DNA devices with, probably, fewer units sold than many less costly mods. Fewer users = fewer complaints.
    Vapefly also doesn't seem to sell as many units as many others (in the English-speaking world, anyway).
    i can't say my research was 100% comprehensive.

Best of luck...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread