Remove water from thinned VG. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
It vapes ok, but there's a noticeable difference compared to when I use pure VG (I usually mix 75%PG & 25%VG).
I'll see if I can find some undiluted VG here in Norway - it must be possible. Postage's a bit pricey from other countries.
Good idea letting it evaporate in room temp. I'll be absolutely bonkers before the water's out. But still, good idea :D

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Hmmm, you could test a small amount in the freezer. Put some in a container, leave it for maybe 2 days. Take out and put on counter. Once it thaws, if the water has separated, you could just use paper towels to sop it from the top. If not, then it did not separate. :laugh:

Just thinking out loud.

ETA: To add to the thinking process, I am worried that heating it up may change the flavor, as you will heat it up again when vaping. But I really have no idea.

Last edited:

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
You should be ok to put it on low heat like 1 or 2, in a stainless or glass pot for a while. You could make a condenser top and put a shot glass in the pot to collect the condensate so you know exactly how much water you take out. An upside-down lid with a curved handle might work to drip the water into the shot glass. throw a few ice cubes in the up-side of the lid to help condensation.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I accidentally bought some VG from my local pharmacy which contains 15% water.

Is it possible to remove the water content - for instance by heating it carefully, letting the water evaporate?

Why don't you just toss it out and buy what you like to vape?

Was it expensive?

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Why don't you just toss it out and buy what you like to vape?

Was it expensive?
Hmmmm. Why didn't anyone else think of this? Or, better yet....Why didn't anyone think of returning it to the store? I return stuff all the time if I buy the wrong item. I don't think that's a special thing in my area only.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread