Status
Not open for further replies.

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
Well,
I am the kinda unhappy customer of a new,well,three week old broken vmod.The switch has fallen out and even though it still fires,I know I'm gonna lose that switch in my pocket or somewhere.Now giving credit to vmod they have offered to replace the plastic chassis for free minus me shipping it back and waiting for replacement.Of course I ordered lots of extra things when I placed my first order,cartomizers,atty's,bottles,batteries.

So here is the dilemma.I don't really have back-up.I have old bloog equipment and no cartos left to go on the old batteries.I'm thinking that before I send my vmod in for replacement I should just go ahead and buy a freaking reo like I should have in the first place!

So I like the size of the little vmod.I would also eventually like to try out a rebuildable atty as this vmod has introduced me to atty usage and I like that also.So which reo will let me use one of their rba's.I don't know if the 2.0 reo model will accept their RBA's.Does the 2.0 let you have longer battery life?I didn't find alot of info on the 2.0 reo as they have some blemished ones for sale at a good price.What is the difference between a 2.0 and a 2.1?Can I use the atty's off my vmod on the reo?

Maybe the grand wouldn't seem much larger than a mini.Do people who buy a mini also just end up with a grand anyways?

Also the feed seems like it might be a little different as there is a tube in the reo bottle.How does that work.I squonk now.But I have learned to be very careful as my vmod leaks if I squeeze wrong.How much leaking do you get with a reo.I am wiping down the inside of my vmod three to four times a day,battery also,it goes everywhere.

Thanks in advance

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Jweavers :)
I would recommend the 2.1 if you're going to be using RBAs and if you're really fond of the small size. But as others will say...the Grand is much smaller than one would think.

The 2.0 and 2.1 both use 18490 AW IMR batteries...so compared to a 14500, yes...a considerably longer vape time. The main difference between the two is the larger catch cup...he made the 2.1 bigger so you can use a wider variety of RBAs on it. On the 2.0, you're rather limited...only a few RBAs fit that one. The grand fits the most and is probably the most versatile of all the reos. And honestly, the mini 2.0 & 2.1 have the same girth as a grand...so in hand, they are pretty much the same. Bonus on the grand is that it has the larger juice bottle.

Some of the vapage atties will work on the reos, but you have to keep a keen eye on the ends of them. You don't want to use an atty with the center post sticking out too far...you can do some real damage to the gasket in the connector when cranking down on them. I've never used one, so I can't say for sure how they will perform, though I have read a couple of people do swear by them.

The feed system is different (no tilting necessary), but you won't find any leaks unless your tube is torn or you don't screw the bottle on all the way. Other than that...you're good to go. :)

Last edited:

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
Yes,
If I can ever get all the technical stuff down I think I'll be good to go.I really like this bottom feeding experience and it really was time to try it.Almost two years on cartomizers and tiny batteries.I had never even experienced an atty before,I really like them.I am using a 2.0 ohm(I don't really know what that means,LR) but I like it just fine.I've used this same atty for almost three weeks!I could have never gone three weeks on my cartomizers.
So,I'm gonna look around on the classifieds-just waiting to be verified.And keep looking at the new reo's for sale too.
I wonder,should I start out with rebuildables or use some other atty's.Are these rebuildables truly timeless?What is their ultimate lifetime given proper care-ie,recoiling and rethreading?

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I'd hedge your bets! Get some cartos as well as a Reomizer2(RM2). The cartos are cheap and easy and there are a lot of helpful people on here that will advise you on both.

As far as a rebuildable atomiser(RBA) goes - the main reason i can see that the RM2 scores so highly is because it's easy to make wicks and coils for. A ceramic base means the coil cannot short on the bottom, which is one less thing to have to worry about. As well as that - the posts are far apart - fabulous for the myopic like me!

I run Grands mostly (all day) and my wife's mini 2.1 with a mini-A7 RBA on it is taller than my grand with an RM2. Before RM2s, i used full sized A7s on my Grands and every RBA i owned still works - just some fell out of favour. You can add a kick to a Grand if you need variable voltage, but most people seem to not bother - myself included.

Good luck!

T

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Hi jweavers, you are making a good decision that you won't regret.

I sold both my VmodXL's in the classifieds and got a blemished Mini from Reo'sMods. It was only 115 bucks and i can't find the blemish. The squonk technique is easier to use than the Vmod and the bottle isn't thin so you won't have to worry about squonking too hard.

I think you will love whatever size you get, if my hands were not so painful and small i would get the Grand just because the battery lasts longer and it has a 6ml bottle.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Hi Jweavers :)
I would recommend the 2.1 if you're going to be using RBAs and if you're really fond of the small size. But as others will say...the Grand is much smaller than one would think.

The Grand is exactly the same size as a standard business card (except thickness of course)

DSC_4205.jpg

I would say if you can only have one go with the grand ..... but if you can swing both you will be set for anything.

I vape enough that the 3ml doesn't last long ..... funny it seems like it only lasts about 1/4 as long as the 6ml ???
That math doesn't add up.

As far as leaks you can use them day in and day out and never loose a drop of juice.

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
I think probably a mini 2.1.I have sent my vmod in for replacement as of today.I will limp along on my old batteries until I find a good deal on a reo.I already miss the convenience of bottom feeding.I don't miss the leaking I was having.
Is a reomizer a RBA also.It's rebuildable?
I don't know if I need to also be looking out for appropriate atty's to use on the 2.1 or just go ahead and plan on investing in the reomizer.I'm not set up with a meter or anything like that to check what I'm building.Thanks again for all the suggestions guys.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I have a year old mini, a mini 2.1 and a VVGrand. I use the mini 2.1 the most. As a Trucker, and a Flat-Bedder, I am constantly on the go. That includes tarping, strapping, loading and unloading as well as long hours behind the wheel. The REOS is indestructable. I won't have any other mod anymore.
The Reomizer 2.0 IS a Rebuildable Atomizer. It is Rob's second RBA, and very durable and easy to use/ rebuild. I have three RM2, and they have put my Hornet into retirement.
Whatever you choose, the REOSmod is well worth the investment. Welcome Home.

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
This sounds very exciting.I was also so excited when I ordered my vmod,and truth be known, by the time I had ordered all the extras,I could have had a reo.I was already contemplating whether I should go get an adapter for my 808d so I could put a tank on my old batteries while I wait to find a deal,but maybe I will be verified soon to at least look at the classifieds here and keep an eyeball out for a blemished one on the actual reosmods site.I feel kinda bad waiting for the owner to make a small,tiny,mistake so I can save some money.I don't know,I probably won't wait.
I need to go ahead and look at getting the right batteries for the 2.1.I have been looking at everything on the reosmods site and he has videos there so I should be good to go after watching the tutorials etc.I'm gonna go look at them again right now!!!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The difference between a full-priced REO and a "blem" is LESS than a carton of cigarettes. We need to keep this in perspective, after all. You could PROBABLY have a new REO every month for the rest of your life with the money you're saving from NOT smoking cigarettes. I know I'm not fightin' fair.......but just wanted to put that thought in your brain.... :)

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
The difference between a full-priced REO and a "blem" is LESS than a carton of cigarettes. We need to keep this in perspective, after all. You could PROBABLY have a new REO every month for the rest of your life with the money you're saving from NOT smoking cigarettes. I know I'm not fightin' fair.......but just wanted to put that thought in your brain.... :)

spot on!!

i'm gonna confirm that with Judi right now.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
When I first started this "hobby" it felt like I was spending sooooo much money....and I was. I had vape mail every single week, sometimes two or three packages. I was trying new juices and ordering more spare batteries, and trying new atomizers and new cartomizers....and I kept wondering when the "savings" was going to kick in. When I was getting so much "stuff" all the time, I just felt like I wouldn't ever break even. But then, after awhile, and ESPECIALLY after getting a REO or two, things started leveling off. THEN I started DIYing my own juice, and it turned everything upside down. Now I look at my banner and see that I've NOT spent almost $8,000 on cigarettes. Well, I've been doing this for three years next month, and I don't know exactly when it happened, but I can tell you that I'm saving a BOATLOAD of money that used to literally go up in smoke. Whenever I start feeling guilty about wanting yet another new something, I just look at that banner and relax.

These days I'm so satisfied with all of my equipment and my juice that I hardly ever buy anything new. And even when I DO buy something new, it's a ball of $2.37 cotton crochet thread or a $3.57 bag of organic cotton balls. (Or my secret pleasure....a new drip tip or two.) There is a light at the end of the tunnel....it's just a long tunnel for some of us who started doing this when ALL the equipment was crappy and we had to upgrade and upgrade and upgrade to get HERE. You guys who started vaping AFTER the REOs came out, and AFTER the rebuildables came out are so very lucky. Once you get your basic equipment lined out, and your backup equipment lined out, you're already in the black.

Last edited:

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
Oh I know.I have been at it a couple of years.I had just decided to stick with my old kr808's because it was what I knew and I just got sick of trying new things.I was comfortable with this set-up for the longest time.Last month my supplier ran out of juice and since I got back on ecf to look at different juice vendors I had another gander at bottom feeders.I thought the vmod would be the right set-up for me,I really did.Like I said,they have offered to replace the plastic parts,and I'm taking them up on that.And I liked that small size.Even for me,since I've been using kr808's it felt huge.I was just getting used to the size when it all started falling apart on me
.I really,really,like the atty experience.It's new for me.I've only ever used cartomizers.So the taste is very different.I like the draw on the LR 2.0 atty.It's warm and airy.I like that I don't feel like I'm having to suck like crazy to get a vape.I'm just thinking I need to find another bottom feeder that will stand a test of time.Three weeks and broken is not standing the test of time,in my opinion.They didn't offer a money back guarantee,just a six month warranty,that's fine.I just have a feeling that it might not be a daily bottom feeder,the vmod not the reo.So I imagine it would be a good back-up.Again,the vmod as the back-up.
As far as the money thing goes or getting a blemished one or not.I'm a mom of three girls.I always try to get the most out of my money.I also have 20 rescue cats,dogs,rabbit,chickens,husband-I'm not the only one needing things here at my house.I felt a little guilty shelling out the money for the vmod last month,so yeah,even though I want and feel like I need a reo,I'm still gonna shop for the best deal possible.It might be on the classifieds.It might be on his site.It might be a full priced one.I'm not sure which it will be yet.I still haven't made up my mind which model I want,needless the color or finish or what have you.
I have seen on here that you could request a reomizer 2 to fit a mini.If that is the case I might be more inclined to go that way as I like the smaller size and I don't mind refilling the juice bottle or changing out a battery.Heck,I've been screwing in kr808's for an eternity.When I started using the 14500's on the vmod I guess I could go three or four hours on a charge,a vast improvement over what I was used to.
If I end up waiting to buy it will only be because I want a certain color or a certain model.I probably won't even get a reomizer to begin with.I'll probably just get something off his site as his prices look good on attys,less than half what I paid for the ones I'm using now.

I know how much I was spending when I smoked.It was almost ten bucks a day and two packs of Marlboro Lights.I couldn't breathe at night.I was having to get up and hit an inhaler to sleep comfortably.Last month, before I blew out my knee,I could run seven miles.I'm 46 almost 47 and granted it wasn't a fast seven miles I've come a long way from struggling to walk a couple of miles as a smoker.I still cough,but at least I can take a deep breath and not have a coughing fit.My husband still smokes.

Anyways,enough ranting.I just wanted to say I'm not looking to short change anyone.That's not me.I'm usually as generous as I can afford to be.Depending on everyone's needs,some months I can be generous with myself.Some months I cannot be.Last month I was generous to myself.This month I have to be a smart shopper.

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
When I first started this "hobby" it felt like I was spending sooooo much money....and I was. I had vape mail every single week, sometimes two or three packages. I was trying new juices and ordering more spare batteries, and trying new atomizers and new cartomizers....and I kept wondering when the "savings" was going to kick in. When I was getting so much "stuff" all the time, I just felt like I wouldn't ever break even. But then, after awhile, and ESPECIALLY after getting a REO or two, things started leveling off. THEN I started DIYing my own juice, and it turned everything upside down. Now I look at my banner and see that I've NOT spent almost $8,000 on cigarettes. Well, I've been doing this for three years next month, and I don't know exactly when it happened, but I can tell you that I'm saving a BOATLOAD of money that used to literally go up in smoke. Whenever I start feeling guilty about wanting yet another new something, I just look at that banner and relax.

These days I'm so satisfied with all of my equipment and my juice that I hardly ever buy anything new. And even when I DO buy something new, it's a ball of $2.37 cotton crochet thread or a $3.57 bag of organic cotton balls. (Or my secret pleasure....a new drip tip or two.) There is a light at the end of the tunnel....it's just a long tunnel for some of us who started doing this when ALL the equipment was crappy and we had to upgrade and upgrade and upgrade to get HERE. You guys who started vaping AFTER the REOs came out, and AFTER the rebuildables came out are so very lucky. Once you get your basic equipment lined out, and your backup equipment lined out, you're already in the black.

I can't say how much equipment I went through sold a lot of good mods chasing the new. I can tell you starter kits are nothing like when I started. I waited 2 weeks to get my order from china for my first real starter kit. and the shipping was as much if not more than the kit. The good thing is all the people that now benefit from those of us that dealt with what didn't work and helped improve thing that we have today. I am just kicking myself that I waited till now to get something truly hassle free. I haven't had to adjust my wick once tonight. No worrying about hot spots. My other mods have there place. But I am not sure my Reo will allow them to be used,it is a demanding little soul :D

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I'm a spoiled little bast ard. I went from lame V2s to an inferior " inferno" to a REO in the course of a month :) then after about 4 months got my first RBA. Since then, I've acquired more of the coolest, best vape gear in existence - REOs and RBAs. It HAS been so easy.

I hear stories on here about how lame it used to be vape gear wise. Props to you who stuck it out. I know not of your pain. Vaping for me, couldn't be easier or more rewarding :)

Glad to feel welcome among ya too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread