Reo Grand. I want one

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Hey everyone,
Somebody has helpfully pointed me towards the Reo Grand mod as a convenient way of vaping my thick VG juices.
I am just about to buy one, got it in my shopping cart already, but was just unsure of a few things.

First of all the battery. Why are there so many options with batterys, and which battery setup should I use?
Also, is it a variable voltage mod, where you can adjust the power? Or is it your battery setup that determines voltage.
And last but not least, what is the best way to use these?Atomizers, cartomizers?
I like the bottle squeezing idea. I've never seen it before, but I am still quite noobish in the world of ecigs.
Are there many other devices/mods that have that feature? Will be a handy alternative to direct dripping my thick VG juices while I'm out and about/driving etc.

Many thanks for any advice or feedback.

Cheers
Doc :)

Last edited:

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
There are plenty of bottom feeding devices that feature the squeeze bottle to feed atomizer. Before you purchase it (as I might be the one who mentioned it vapes VG well) you should take a look at all your options.

Click here to see a lot of the different models available for purchase.

I recommend the Reo because I love mine, much like others will recommend their mod of choice because of how much they enjoy it. The current Reo is NOT variable voltage it is a mechanical 3.7v device, which uses the IMR 18650 as its standard battery for 3.7v as it was designed around it. Once you are more familiar and comfortable with handling and maintenance of a mod, you can look into stacking two 3v batteries and running it at 6v if you desire. If you want to change the feel or your vape you would change the atomizer or cartomizers based on their ohm rating. The lower the ohm rating on that the higher voltage feel you will get.

Many Reo owners that I have seen use various types of atomizers and cartomizers. It is a very personal choice as each one has different strengths and weaknesses. I highly suggest you cruise around the Reo forums for many opinions and great information from people with much more knowledge than myself on the mod.

Reos Mods

Last edited:

Mr. White

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
IL
I'm a REO owner, a few times over.

To answer your questions as quickly as possible.

1) It is not VV, but you can run 3.7, 4.8 (aka the "green" or "5 Volt" batts,) or stack to get to 6 volts.

The AW IMR 18650 is hands down the favorite battery for this mod. I highly recommend it. Though it's rated--recently--at 2000 mah, it performs better under load than some batteries that list a higher mah rating.

My personal preference right now is the HH 357 atty from Cisco. It's expensive and worth every penny. I also use io6 attys from Ikenvape and Boge 2.0 cartos available all over the place. The cartos are a good vape and are certainly worth trying. They are great for new REO users.

I use a lot of AVE juices, which are VG, and have never, ever had a probelm.

The REO sub forum is FULL of info, and really great people who will help you out. You need to stop by for a visit.

Good Luck

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Don't hesitate to visit the REO sub-forum for more info or if you want to ask anymore questions. We have several Australian members there as well:

Reos Mods

Hey everyone,
Somebody has helpfully pointed me towards the Reo Grand mod as a convenient way of vaping my thick VG juices.
I am just about to buy one, got it in my shopping cart already, but was just unsure of a few things.

First of all the battery. Why are there so many options with batterys, and which battery setup should I use?

The reason why there are many battery options is to give the user the ability to see which type of voltage they like best. Also, it's good to have a flexible device in case you get tired of using 3.7V for example. Which would also be the voltage that I would recommend starting at. Since 3.7V gives you plenty of choices when it comes to LR atomizers or cartomizers. To find what you like the best and in some cases. You can get just as good of a vape from a LR compared to vaping at 5V or something.

Also, is it a variable voltage mod, where you can adjust the power? Or is it your battery setup that determines voltage.

It's a fixed voltage, unregulated device. Your right in that the battery you use will determine it's voltage.
And last but not least, what is the best way to use these?Atomizers, cartomizers?

It's best to start out with cartomizers so that you can get used to squonking before you move onto atomizers. In fact, some REOnauts only use cartomizers.
I like the bottle squeezing idea. I've never seen it before, but I am still quite noobish in the world of ecigs.
Are there many other devices/mods that have that feature? Will be a handy alternative to direct dripping my thick VG juices while I'm out and about/driving etc.

Gravity feeders also have this feature. But, you would have to invert the mod itself before you press the bottle. Which I find annoying. Bottom feeders are actually meant for people that find dripping annoying, ease of use, and the ability of not having to carry around extra batts/bottle of juice/atties/cartos.

Many thanks for any advice or feedback.

Cheers
Doc :)

Overall, the REO is made very well. With it's aircraft aluminum body and design. Both are patented and you won't have to worry about this mod being damaged after dropping it in water or from 20 ft. in the air. It's basically indestructible.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have several REOs including a REO Grand, and I highly recommend it. I use 100% VG juice all the time and it works perfectly. I also use both cartomizers and atomizers with no problem. I know there are several bottom-feeder mods out there, but I also know that you can't go wrong by getting a REO. It's a top-of-the-line bottom-feeder that is virtually indestructible.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

The other one I am looking at is the Alpha Ultra Max with res. Looks like a beautiful piece of kit. It's a little more expensive, though being available from a local vendor, it doesnt work out to be that much more considering shipping.

I'm just trying to found out how they handle VG then I'll make my mind up.
And if I can't I might get both lols
God I wish I could afford that option lols

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

The other one I am looking at is the Alpha Ultra Max with res. Looks like a beautiful piece of kit. It's a little more expensive, though being available from a local vendor, it doesnt work out to be that much more considering shipping.

I'm just trying to found out how they handle VG then I'll make my mind up.
And if I can't I might get both lols
God I wish I could afford that option lols

While no offense of that mod's maker intended, that is not a bottom feeder it is a tank fed tube mod. It's not in the same family of mods as the Reo, and I highly suggest you buy the Reo if bottom feeder is what you were after :)

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
ive had provari, apex alpha and many other mods inside this year trying to find my perfect setup for home and out and about. at the moment i own 3 reos. 2 are the reo 18490s and one is a reo mini. my search ended when i got my mini woodvil and it was confirmed when i got my first 18490. funny thing is i found reo was for me by accident. i was looking to sell my helix and get a gg stealth. i sold the helix and the deal for the gg fell through. a sweet mini woodvil got listed on classified and money was burning a hole in my pocket combined with needing a back up quick. buying that mini woodvil was a great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread