Reo Grand stopped firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Was vaping on my Grand, my friends were all trying it out with the Chalice on top. It stopped firing while one of my friend is vaping on it and I figure it was the battery. Switched the battery, and it still doesn't fire, try the chalice on my 18350 dingo and it fires fine, throw it on the Ohm reader and it's at 1.22. I throw a 307 cisco atomizer on the Reo and it doesn't fire.

Any ideas?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Was vaping on my Grand, my friends were all trying it out with the Chalice on top. It stopped firing while one of my friend is vaping on it and I figure it was the battery. Switched the battery, and it still doesn't fire, try the chalice on my 18350 dingo and it fires fine, throw it on the Ohm reader and it's at 1.22. I throw a 307 cisco atomizer on the Reo and it doesn't fire.

Any ideas?

If you have checked the spring and it has not collapsed, dropping the battery, then try this:

Sometimes a good cleaning is what it needs too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/384228-reos-not-performing-well.html

Let us know if this helps!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
I am horrible at trying to do the above! I will clean it out every so often but I don't mess with my pin. The other day I had some issues, well I just dabbed a little fresh noalox on the contact and it is good as new again.

Over time though you will need the file! It is easy to do.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
The bottom spring is not collapsed, and tried to file the contact a few times but still no go.
Friends were chain vaping it as they are all used to carto/clearo set-ups but looks like I have to be more stingy from now on after I ship it to redeye. :(

Did you try taking the bottle out and pushing up slightly on the bottom of the metal tube? Sometimes when using atty's on multiple mods the connector gets pushed down enough to break contact. Remember don't push it too hard.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Did you try taking the bottle out and pushing up slightly on the bottom of the metal tube? Sometimes when using atty's on multiple mods the connector gets pushed down enough to break contact. Remember don't push it too hard.

I only have the Chalice on the Reo since I received it, only put on the 306 atomizer to test to make sure it's not the Chalice. I have it all cleaned and will ship it out for Redeye to check it out, I'm a bit puzzled what happened.

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
On both my Grands, I needed to lightly scuff the pin with an emery board and add a tiny little blob of Noalox after having them for a couple of weeks. I speculate they must oxidize a bit more when they're brand new, as they're "breaking in." Neither one has needed the treatment a second time yet... I've had my first grand for several months now and it still fires reliably.

kaslik

Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
Vancouver
Similar situation happen to me a while ago. Removing delrin button cover and pushing straight on push button fixed it.
There seems to be a bit problem if you push too hard on delrin button cover. Push button slides deeper into delrin hollow and eventually push button will not reach deep down enough to fire.
Especially if you switch from flathead to nipplehead batteries.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
On both my Grands, I needed to lightly scuff the pin with an emery board and add a tiny little blob of Noalox after having them for a couple of weeks. I speculate they must oxidize a bit more when they're brand new, as they're "breaking in." Neither one has needed the treatment a second time yet... I've had my first grand for several months now and it still fires reliably.

I've had the Grand for over a year now but I have tried to lightly scuff it with the nail thing without the noalax. I'll keep this in mind.

Similar situation happen to me a while ago. Removing delrin button cover and pushing straight on push button fixed it.
There seems to be a bit problem if you push too hard on delrin button cover. Push button slides deeper into delrin hollow and eventually push button will not reach deep down enough to fire.

This is probably it as I am using the delrin cover and the way you insert it seems to make it prone to that. I wasn't sure how to take off the delrin cap.. Wouldn't using nipplehead batteries make better contact? I'm using the AW batteries with the nippleheads.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I've had the Grand for over a year now but I have tried to lightly scuff it with the nail thing without the noalax. I'll keep this in mind.

This is probably it as I am using the delrin cover and the way you insert it seems to make it prone to that. I wasn't sure how to take off the delrin cap.. Wouldn't using nipplehead batteries make better contact? I'm using the AW batteries with the nippleheads.

You can lock the button and use something flat to pry the cover off. Then put something inside the cover hole to keep it from sliding down. Just don’t use glue or such. There is a thread about what peeps are using. I have a kazzion little magnets that fit the hole but they are a hassle to use as they fly out of cap when putting cap on and stick to REO.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com

The delrin button tops will slide down enough on the button to inhibit it from firing if pressed hard.

Some of us have placed something up in the opening of the top to keep it from moving down. A little wad of paper would work.

This was interesting to read:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/392040-what-stuck-your-button-top.html

Last edited:

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Just picked up the Reo from the post office and it's firing beautifully. Even paid for return shipping.
If redeye can confirm it was the delrin button being too low, I'll try some of the tricks in the thread. It kind of reminds me of the joye 510 days where people were modifying it with blue foam and other home-made stuff. :laugh:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Just picked up the Reo from the post office and it's firing beautifully. Even paid for return shipping.
If redeye can confirm it was the delrin button being too low, I'll try some of the tricks in the thread. It kind of reminds me of the joye 510 days where people were modifying it with blue foam and other home-made stuff. :laugh:
It may have been I cant tell from ecf names . I have installed a spacer in all the button tops so something like this doesn't happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread