atomizer not firing on reo, fires on everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoMa!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Thanks again for responding everyone. I have tried wiggling the atomizer while it is on the reo. They are too tight to move at all. It is only a couple of them that do not work, the others I have work fine. I used a couple for a bit and then they just quit. I found my vmod and quit ones even work on it. What I am going to do is just put those aside for the vmod. I do not know about the subohm kit. I have only had the reo a few months. It isn't a battery issue. Just odd.

YoMa!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Thanks redeyedancer, I am loving my reo and do not want to part with it even for a few days. It's really all I use now. Please do not take my query as a complaint, I could not be happier and will probably get another one before too long as back up. I think it must be some oddity in the atomizers. I just wanted to see if there was something I had not thought of to get them working again.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Center contact on the 510 side of the RBA is it slightly proud of the 510 threads? Every time I've had bad connections or firing issues it's one of three things.

• dirty contacts on the battery spring or firing pin
  • loose screws holding the coil
    [*]510 positive pin not protruding enough.

This is been the issue for me when it has happen.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Is the atty screwing in all the way? I recently had a problem with my Silver Vein grand where one particular atty wouldn't make contact and then noticed it wouldn't screw down flush with the catch cup. The atty worked and screwed all the way into my other, (older), grand just fine though. Problem was solved as the 510 connector was just a smidgen too tight on the SV. Bought a 7m x .5 bottom tap and chased the threads and now the atty works like a champ on it.... I wouldn't suggest just anyone do this as the gasket might get crushed if you go too far into the 510 connector, but I have 25+ yrs experience with cutting tools and fasteners... Was a walk in the park for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread